Run in with "The Man" [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Run in with "The Man"

NMGlocker
12-22-2005, 20:31
Had a run in with "The Man" today. Actually it was with a female deputy. Met up with another rider and we did a few of the local riding spots then got on the truck bypass around town and decided to head towards one of the local bike shops. Right after we exited the bypass we pulled over on a wide shoulder so the other guy could smoke a cigarette and we could stretch our legs.
We were sitting there talking when we noticed a Police car on the bypass slow down looking at us, then it pulled to the shoulder of the bypass about 1/4 mile away and parked. We figured he was just running radar and we talked another 5 minutes or so then we pulled away headed into town.
Knowing there was a Police car watching we eased out extra carefully and kept our speed around 43 in a 45 zone. We didn't make it a half mile before the red and blues came one behind us. We immediately pull over and kill the bikes, remove our helmets and wait.
This female deputy walks up and asks for our ID's. She then starts telling us that one of the people in a house about 1/4 mile in front of us called in that a bright green bike was speeding down this road. We both tell her at the same time that we haven't even been down this road yet, and that we pulled off the bypass 15 minutes ago and had been talking since then. She then says that she paced us doing 60mph and that's why she pulled us over.
I'm starting to feel like I'm getting railroaded so I get pissed.
I look her straight in the eyes and tell her she's lying, and that I have a GPS that keeps a log of my speed and maps where I've been (a lie of my own). She then backtracks on the speeding and starts saying the local residents have been complaining about us riding too fast by their house. I ask her how they could have been complaining about us when we haven't even been down that street yet? I then ask her for my license back and if I am free to go.
She gives us a dirty look, then hands our licenses back and tell us that we are lucky she pulled us over rather than the State Police.
wtf???
Riding a sportbike is about as bad as "driving while black".

BikerRN
12-23-2005, 07:36
I feel for ya. It is true that some bikes are unfairly targeted by the Po-Po. If you ride a sportbike be prepared to have a lot of Police Officers think you are a speeder. If you are older and ride a sportbike it may work in your favor because with the helmet on most Police Officers are looking for a young kid to be riding a sportbike.

I kind of like taking my helmet off and then in conversation mentioning my Harley and the fact that I'm an ER Nurse. It seems to let them know that I'm not a squid and that I've been riding a while.

It sounds to me like she was on a "Fishing Expedition". Don't sweat it and ride safe.

Blitzer
12-23-2005, 07:49
Too bad there was a possible incidnet of a officer sworn to "up hold" the law telling a lie in the performance of thier duties. ;)

fnfalman
12-23-2005, 09:33
Should have told the cop chick to give you a ticket so that you'd love to show up in court and have a chat with the judge about abuse of justice, not to mention shyster lawyers suing her department for harassment.

I've had a CHiP pulled me over and try to give me "fix-it" ticket because my BMW has aftermarket exhaust. I asked him how is it that the CHP can enforce vehicular equipment codes in the State of New Mexico since that's where I'm from.

"I'll keep an eye on you."
"Well, I'm riding up to Santa Barbara today, officer, you're welcome to join me.";a

NMGlocker
12-23-2005, 13:34
I wouldn't have minded if she was chewing me out for something I had actually done. But she was on my case for something I was completely innocent of, and lying about her reason for pulling me over as well.
When she told me I was lucky that she pulled me over rather than the State Police, I had to laugh. The State Police gave me a written warning a while back for something I was COMPLETELY in the wrong doing. And were very professional about it as well. He was honest enough to tell me that while he didn't get a radar lock on me, he knew I was going way faster than I needed to and that he was writing me a warning and to slow down.

whogasak47
12-23-2005, 16:08
She could easily be from New Orleans. That kind of foolishness is commonplace in Louisiana. Looking to show authority to get FREE Funds. Glad you out policed her with your GPS info. Good Luck and Ride Safe^c