Directory of Quality MI Gunshops [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Directory of Quality MI Gunshops

10 Ring Tao
12-23-2005, 02:15
This is a listing of shops and people from various threads who have passed muster and been mentioned in a good light. Mostly focusing on good places to buy. Some haven't had prices that are any better than the high end of normal, but they were recommended. Target, gunbarn, and double action aren't in here for a reason.

I can add a section for cheap (under $20 only) transfer FFLs, and gunsmiths.

I'll fill in what info I have on hand, and fill it in as I get time to look it up. Feel free to post more specific contact info and I'll add it to the list.

Top Performers:

Michi-Gun
Saint Clair Shores
586-296-2360
Guns Galore
810-629-5325
Ask for Rich (best guy to deal with).
Gun World Inc.
Metemora (south of Lapeer on 24 about eight miles)
Jason is the owner.
Open M, W, F 10-7, Sat. 10-3
810-678-8778
John Johnson
Email for quotes from his sources.
info@performancefirearms.com - RIP John, I hope they have unlimited free ammo up there for you.
Williams Gunsight
Davison
Will always meet GG price just make sure you do your shopping first.
Their used guns are listed with prices on their site: http://www.williamsgunsight.com/
810-653-2131
Harder Auto Parts
Custom orders.
on Groesbeck
Clinton Twp.
$15 transfers
Ken of Global Military Gunsmithing
http://www.globalmilitarygunsmithing.com/
Farmington
$15 transfers

_____

Recommended by others:
The Firing Line
-I think they recently changed their prices. They might have decent prices now, and they do 10% above dealer cost for many long guns. Or their prices could still suck.
-Westland, on Hix just north of Ford.
http://firinglineguns.com
Northwest Gunshop
Redford
Wessels
Brown Bear
Chesterfield
Gratiot at 21 mile road
Firearms Exchange
Westland
Cherryhill and Wayne
729-4867
Johnson's
Adrian
http://www.johnsonsguns.com/
Dick Williams Gunshop
Saginaw
980-777-1240
D&D Gunshop
Troy
Midwest Ordnance
Royal Oak
248-547-5658
http://www.midwestordnance.com/
Silver Bullet Firearms
(616)249-1911
http://www.silverbulletfirearms.com
5121 S. Division
Wyoming, MI 49548
Wolverine Shooting Sports
19999 Dix toledo Rd
Brownstown, Mi
St. Claire County area, recommended by Fritz (blame him if you come across poor prices):

Glocktalk member:
Centennial Co
Address: 105 Fairbanks St # 2, Marine City, MI 48039
Phone: (810) 765-6454
Bullets & Broadheads
Address: 1100 Wadhams Rd, Kimball, MI 48074
Phone: (810) 367-8255
V F Sports Inc
Address: 4136 Lapeer Rd, Port Huron, MI 48060
Phone: (810) 985-7733
The Hock Shop Sports Center
Port Huron
(810) 985-4082
http://www.thehockshop.net
On the western side is On Target, which I remember being a good/well stocked outfit with a large gunsmithing operation, but can't comment on prices.

On Target
Retail/Gunsmithing
6984 W. Main St.
Kalamazoo, 49009
616-375-4570

Up in central MI, Michigun's stomping grounds:

Bare’s Sport Shop
104 W. Water St.
St. Charles, MI 48655
(989) 865-6241

classic arms company (Purported to have good gunsmithing service, but horrible selection and prices on guns.)
1600 lake lansing road
lansing, mi 48912
517-484-6112

gsbell
12-23-2005, 07:32
You can add:

Silver Bullet Firearms
(616)249-1911
5121 S. Division
Wyoming, MI 49548

Fritzer
12-23-2005, 10:30
For the St. Clair county folks,

+1 for the already listed Hock shop sports
http://www.thehockshop.net
Hock Shop & Sporting Center
Address: 1504 Military St, Port Huron, MI 48060
Phone: (810) 985-4082
Despite the name.. large selection, competitive prices & often negotiable, lots of used, wide selection of reload stuff.

Lest not forget Glocktalk member:
Centennial Co
Address: 105 Fairbanks St # 2, Marine City, MI 48039
Phone: (810) 765-6454
AR-15 guy, low overhead, see him at Gibralter shows

Bullets & Broadheads
Address: 1100 Wadhams Rd, Kimball, MI 48074
Phone: (810) 367-8255
Small rural shop, used to attend Gibralter shows, low overhead.

V F Sports Inc
Address: 4136 Lapeer Rd, Port Huron, MI 48060
Phone: (810) 985-7733
Large archery, top prices but large selection, top condition used stuff.

Gander Mountain
Address: 4055 24th Ave, Fort Gratiot, MI 48059
Phone: (810) 385-6700
Retail chain option.

These are a ways northeast of metro Detroit - call before you make the journey, if you don't live in the area.

Fritz.

Hauptmann6
12-23-2005, 17:51
On Target
West Main - Kalamazoo

Tc300mag1
12-23-2005, 18:41
Wolverine Shooting Sports
19999 Dix toledo Rd
Brownstown, Mi

There prices are decent usually about 10-20 higher than Guns Galore on some items on others they are dead on for me its not worth it to drive the Hour to guns galore for a 20 spot

i prefer to Deal with Jeff

brandon2018
12-23-2005, 22:29
+1 for michi-gun pat over there is a good guy to deal with

ZYALTR
12-27-2005, 21:25
Any east siders should check out Harder Auto parts on groesbeck in Clinton Twp. They are a low key dealer with good prices, and they do $15.00 FFL transfers, great guy to deal with, and will order anything you need for a fair price.

01-09-2006, 07:57
I drive 120 miles one way to do my gundealing at Williams in Davison. If you ever have a problem with anything purchased their they will make it right. At least it has been true in my case.

Michigun
02-07-2006, 13:06
The place I hang out:

Bare’s Sport Shop
104 W. Water St.
St. Charles, MI 48655
(989) 865-6241

(I’m their GLOCK Armorer, all around handgun guy, all around AR-15 & AK-47 guy & etc., etc…. Oh yeah, hunting-grade crossbows are all me as well up there. ^c)

delta elite
02-10-2006, 17:21
just got a glock 20 from these guys - my cousins only deal with these guys and I know why

classic arms company
1600 lake lansing road
lansing, mi 48912

517-484-6112

GIJoeCam
02-21-2006, 15:50
Anyone heard of or know anything about this place?

http://www.tacticalsupplies.us

Had a friend that found them on the 'net.... Don't know a thing about them....

-Joe

Cicero
02-28-2006, 10:45
Originally posted by delta elite
just got a glock 20 from these guys - my cousins only deal with these guys and I know why

classic arms company
1600 lake lansing road
lansing, mi 48912

517-484-6112

That's wierd. I won't go anywhere else when it comes to gunsmith services - Dave is awesome, friendly, won't b.s. you, and really knows his stuff.

But in my opinion the selection on firearms is poor and their prices are obscene. They do get some neat pieces, but I wouldn't buy a gun from them unless they were willing to come down on price. Ammo is right out.

I'd try Total in Holt or Shupeck's (sp) in Jackson before buying at Classic.

delta elite
02-28-2006, 11:16
They have a lot more firearms then what they have in the display cases. Their prices aren't as low as some places, but I have seen worse, double action wants $600 for a G20. Even if it is a little high, they are really good people and they actually answer your questions and talk to you not down at you.

Cool Hand Hodge
03-01-2006, 11:02
+2 on Wolverine. Thier service is top notch and you get a lifetime waranty with all firearms new or used. They stand behind it too...i know from experience!

shortsleeve
03-15-2006, 09:11
Target Sports in Royal Oak has always been good to me, good people and service. Some of the Gun prices are high but that is at all gun shops.

http://www.targetsportshooting.com/

also

Randy's Hunting Center in Bad Axe. I had the pleasure or meeting and dealing with John for a bit and I was very impressed. hell of a guy to deal with.

www.randyshuntingcenter.com/(they need to update web site)
721 E. Huron Ave Bad Axe, MI 48413

JBhunter
03-19-2006, 23:02
I need to add a few for the SE part of the state.

Magnum Force
Address: 409 E Front St, Monroe, MI 48161
Phone: (734) 457-4242

Johnson's
Address: 3654 N Adrian Hwy, Adrian, MI 49221
Phone: (517) 265-2545

I usually buy from them, or get transfers through Ken at Global.

gwhuntr
03-25-2006, 08:14
Duncans Outdoor Shop
501 Salzburg Ave
Bay City, Michigan 48706
(989) 894-6691
www.duncansoutdoor.com

gunnut4629
04-18-2006, 18:59
http://www.silverbulletfirearms.com/ complete with indoor range and on site gunsmith. Excellant people to deal with.

bigjim
05-10-2006, 20:53
Big +1 for Centennial. Kurt is a great guy, very helpful, great selection and incredible prices for such a small shop, and can get anything very quickly in a short time if he doesn't have it. Glock armorer and expert AR builder. Got me my Bushy CHEAP.

Bought my first pistol at Michi-Gun. Good people there at that time, although it was a long time ago I still hear good things.

The Firing Line has a beautiful range. Staff has always been friendly to me. Not always the best prices, but good selection.

umc
05-15-2006, 17:14
Please add Walt to the list:

Powder Keg Gun Shop
2717 E Grand River Ave
Howell, MI zip code
Phone: (517) 545-4867

Great little shop, I've bought several firearms from him and never had any issues.

freakshow10mm
06-03-2006, 01:18
Northwoods Trading Post aka Freeman's Firearms
Hancock, MI (Keweenaw Penninsula)

Very good selection of defensive handguns for the area. Rick is a cool guy and pleasure to work with. $30 HG xfers; he xfered my Para from gunbroker. Good selection of firearms. Carries Sig, Beretta, Glock, Springer, Colt, S&W, Taurus, Kel-Tec, Kahr, Ruger, and Magnum Research (singles and the package deals). Also carries Armalite AR-50s.

Some light gunsmithing is done there. 1911 fitting and parts swap stuff, hunting rifle and shotty stuff too.

Next closest gunshop is Indian Country Sports in L'Anse. He is alright. More hunting than defensive, has to order most everything. Carries a lot of manufacturers, can get what you need. Really good website, www.indiancountrysports.com. Don't know about transfer fees. Got my snubbie on a trade.

Sorry for the long descriptions.

two glock gene
06-06-2006, 23:55
+1 on Guns Galore(Fenton) for prices and plus 1 on Williams(Davidson) for gunsmithing and general nice guys to work with.

jcevans
06-08-2006, 09:40
+1 for Guns Galore. Great prices, great selection.

From repeated bad experiences, workmanship, and service, however, I would not recommend the Powder Keg (Howell).

jolt8me
06-09-2006, 04:58
target sports....... just kidding :rollsmiley:

rein-22
06-14-2006, 11:14
Originally posted by nova454
I drive 120 miles one way to do my gundealing at Williams in Davison. If you ever have a problem with anything purchased their they will make it right. At least it has been true in my case.

I went out williams to but a set of fire sights for my glock.i asked about installation i was told $80.00 for the back sight and $80.00 for the front sight.these are insatll prices only.if i wanted done right away add another $10.00 per front and back.i told them to keep there product and walked...:soap:

douglasd
07-03-2006, 19:45
Originally posted by Cicero
That's wierd. I won't go anywhere else when it comes to gunsmith services - Dave is awesome, friendly, won't b.s. you, and really knows his stuff.

But in my opinion the selection on firearms is poor and their prices are obscene. They do get some neat pieces, but I wouldn't buy a gun from them unless they were willing to come down on price. Ammo is right out.

I'd try Total in Holt or Shupeck's (sp) in Jackson before buying at Classic.

The worst place in Michigan is Total Firearms in Holt/Mason (It is a Mason address, though it seems closer to Holt)

This place is WAY overpriced, far higher than Classic, and most of the staff are ignorant, arrogant, and downright rude. I will never go back to Total. They treat customers as an intrusion, and they know nothing about firearms. I am speaking of most of the staff, not necessarily all of them.

They do have the largest selection in the mid-Michigan area, but that does not give them the right to treat their customers like crap. This is not based on one visit, but on the 5 or 6 times I have been in their shop and the 2 or 3 times I have called them on the phone. They were NOT helpful. As I said, I will not go back.

I have dealt with Classic many times, and their prices, while not like Wal-Mart, are reasonable (far less than Total), and their people are far more knowledgable and friendly. That means a lot to me. I would rather pay slightly more and have good service that to be treated like ***** at Total.

Classic will get my business from now on...Total will not see me again.

Cicero
07-05-2006, 09:29
Originally posted by douglasd
The worst place in Michigan is Total Firearms in Holt/Mason (It is a Mason address, though it seems closer to Holt)

This place is WAY overpriced, far higher than Classic, and most of the staff are ignorant, arrogant, and downright rude. I will never go back to Total. They treat customers as an intrusion, and they know nothing about firearms. I am speaking of most of the staff, not necessarily all of them.

They do have the largest selection in the mid-Michigan area, but that does not give them the right to treat their customers like crap. This is not based on one visit, but on the 5 or 6 times I have been in their shop and the 2 or 3 times I have called them on the phone. They were NOT helpful. As I said, I will not go back.

I have dealt with Classic many times, and their prices, while not like Wal-Mart, are reasonable (far less than Total), and their people are far more knowledgable and friendly. That means a lot to me. I would rather pay slightly more and have good service that to be treated like ***** at Total.

Classic will get my business from now on...Total will not see me again.

Wow. Interesting differences in perception. I've been hit & miss in customer service at Classic and at Total (about 3/5 of the time positive/value added). I tried to buy a g34 from both shops about 6 months ago. Total wanted $639. Classic wanted $649. Of course, Guns Galore in Fenton wanted either $579 or $589, meaning that they got my business.

I don't have anything against the people at Classic. I just get pissy when someone tries to sell me 115gr 9mm American Eagle for over $12/box "on sale."

FJC
07-19-2006, 07:47
Originally posted by bigjim
The Firing Line has a beautiful range. Staff has always been friendly to me. Not always the best prices, but good selection.

Firing Line recently dropped their firearms prices significantly - they're on par with Guns Galore and Firearms Exchange now.

Neva
11-03-2006, 20:38
Originally posted by shortsleeve
Randy's Hunting Center in Bad Axe. I had the pleasure or meeting and dealing with John for a bit and I was very impressed. hell of a guy to deal with.

www.randyshuntingcenter.com/(they need to update web site)
721 E. Huron Ave Bad Axe, MI 48413
+1 on dealing with John. My husband bought me a nice 11-87P that turned out to have barrel problems - we talked to him, did a few emails, met him at the next gun show, gave him back the gun, then picked it up a week later with a new barrel on it and an apology for putting me to any trouble. Excellent service from a shop with a terrific variety and excellent prices.

jooos
11-09-2006, 12:54
Nice little mom and pop shop...

GARY'S GUNS INC.
4021 APPLE AVE.
MUSKEGON MICHIGAN 49442
PHONE; (231)-788-5159
e-mail; garysguns2000@yahoo.com
:thumbsup:

snow4brains
12-10-2006, 20:14
Closed/lost lease

Marshalls Shooting Center
1550 E. Virginia Dr.
Midland, MI 48642
Tel: (989) 832-8888
Marshalls Shooting Center (http://www.marshallsshootingcenter.com/index.asp)

After shopping around for a couple weeks, I bought my G17 from Marshalls. Great bunch of guys over there, very knowledgeable and helpful. Oh... there prices are the best I found in my area. Heck Gander Mountain in Saginaw wanted $20 more for a used G17 than I paid for NIB @ Marshalls.

Maverick1023
12-19-2006, 03:10
Originally posted by Cicero
Wow. Interesting differences in perception. I've been hit & miss in customer service at Classic and at Total (about 3/5 of the time positive/value added). I tried to buy a g34 from both shops about 6 months ago. Total wanted $639. Classic wanted $649. Of course, Guns Galore in Fenton wanted either $579 or $589, meaning that they got my business.

I don't have anything against the people at Classic. I just get pissy when someone tries to sell me 115gr 9mm American Eagle for over $12/box "on sale."

I'm new here but not to guns or Glocks, I feel the need to defend Total, too. I've been going there for three years or so to use the range. I bought my Beretta from them at a Mason gun show, I have found them friendly and courteous at all times. When I was in the market for a 1911 they took the time to explain the Para and Kimber differences to me. They took a personal interest in my son when he took the CPL class there. I will be going up there this Friday to shoot my new Ultra Carry II. Thanks for a great forum.

brucek
12-19-2006, 20:04
Just my 2 cents from a new member...

Positives:

MichiGun 'n Tackle in St Clair Shores have always done right by me. Peters in Roseville.
D&D in Troy/Clawson
Little Al at Double Action in Sterling Heights has always given me deals on every gun purchased there - lots of 'em.
Wessels in Livonia.
Big Bear in Mt. Clemens gave me a super deal on a HK USC a few years back.
Guns Galore in Fenton

Neutral:

Target Sports in Royal Oak
Midwest Ordnance in Royal Oak?

Negatives:

North West Guns in Redford. Very bad deposit policy. I won't even shop there anymore. YMMV.

Anyway, just my opinion.
--

Bruce K
Glock 23
Colt's Lots
HK Yes
S&W Yep
And Many More

DreamWeaver88
12-30-2006, 03:21
I really like Michi-gun. Those guys are great, and their prices are pretty darn good. Pat and Adam are great guys to deal with. I just picked up an M&P9 compact there the other day.

I don't care for Double Action. The atmosphere just seems unfriendly, and thier prices are astronomical. If you're shooting on their range, forget practicing double taps. They will come out and tell you to slow down.

I really want to like Wessels (because they're close to me), but they have virtually no selection, and they're on par with Double Action price wise, which is not a good thing. The last time I was there, my buddy inquired about having them order a S&W 340PD (because of course they don't stock much). The guy laughed (for some reason) then looked in the S&W catalog and quoted my buddy a price of $850, which is about $200 or so more than the prices at gun shows.

Peters has a decent selection. They sometimes have some gems in the consignment area. The range is great in the sense that they are probably the only range within a reasonable driving distance that will allow you to rapid fire. The downside is, you pretty much need a respirator because they have to worst vetilation system ever...and during the summer, if it's really hot outside, it'll be really hot on the range.

I'll never again buy a gun from Midwest Ordnance. The few times I've been in their shop, I got that Sanford & Son vibe. The real reason I won't buy from there is that I picked up an SKS from them at a gun show a few years back.....then I got a visit from the ATF a few months later. Seems they were selling SKS's with folding stocks and detachable mags during the assault weapon ban. They got pinched and a lot of people that bought SKS's from them got visits.

Firearm Exchange is a good place to go. They have a really good selection, and pretty good prices. I bought my PLR-16 from them. They were the only dealer that had it in stock......heck, they were the only dealer that even knew what it was. They stock the cool stuff that other gun stores have no clue about. If only they were closer. One thing though.....if you're going there on a weekend, call ahead and find out if they're going to be at a show that weekend or else you'll get there and there will be like 8 guns on display. They just about pack up their entire inventory and take it to shows (at least, that's how it was the last time I went there (Only been there twice). They were at the Gibraltor show that weekend.

These are just my observations from visiting the different gun shops around here.

DW

Drilled
01-06-2007, 16:29
Ten Ring, I am new to this forum and this is a great post!

Good job!

This is a list I have used before: Some duplicates and a few new ones as well...

http://cpltrainer.com/gunlist.html

robotoid
02-04-2007, 09:38
Wessels in Livonia? Is that Shooters Service or another place I've never heard of?

two glock gene
02-04-2007, 15:13
I previously posted on this subject and always thought that Williams in davidson was an alright place to go until my last trip there. With no one in their shop and five sales people present I was treated as I had a desease and the group just had an attitude with and about me because ???? I interupted their conversation or what. I was trying to return a product clearly marked as theirs, until I purchased it, but I had no reciept so I was sort of laughed out of the store. I really didn't appreciate the child like attitude I was shown.I'am 66 years old-- I didn't deserve that reaction.

j_burton
02-07-2007, 09:55
I don't see Top Gun listed here. I have always been treated well there.

10 Ring Tao
02-07-2007, 13:27
Originally posted by j_burton
I don't see Top Gun listed here. I have always been treated well there.

I have too, except when I got yelled at for double taps and mozambiques. I'd understand them yelling at me if I wasn't shooting well, but center mass of my target was a ragged hole, and not one shot to the head was outside the silhouette.

Haven't been back since, but I don't live down that way and it needs to be a special trip to make it down there.

I can't comment on the prices, maybe someone can fill that in?

stallion114
02-11-2007, 10:48
I hate Total firearms, and am glad to see I am nota alone. Ive been there a few times and had about 50% good bad experiences. If you ask me a retail store should have 99% positive experience.
There prices are insanely high in their store they were selling a sigma for 560!!!!
About a year ago I went in their to purchase my first handgun, I knew very little about them and was looking for some help. I was looking at a .380 and called it a 38 and the guy just makes me feel like a dumb*** while I admit it waws a little funny I didnt know this, if I am trying to sell a product the last thing i want to do is make the customer feel uncomfortable.
My biggest beef is with the turd that was running the range one afternoon. The guy is the most arrogant ahole I have ever met. (ex cop he says)
I showed up an 45 minutes before they closed with 2 friends, one of whom has only fired my 22 one other time.
So even though the website clearly says you can buy range time in half hour blocks, he makes me pay for 2 full hours for 45 minutes because there is only 2 to a lane. He then humiliates my friends on there shooting styles and tells the one who has limited shooting experiences that the slide was going to cut his hand off.
After all of this he spends 20 minutes talking about the shooting lessons he offers and brags about how good his accuracy is from 25 yards.

I WILL NEVER DO ANY BUSINESS WITH TOTAL FIREARMS AS LONG AS I LIVE B/C of that guy!!!

Good Experiences
Michiguns
Guns Galore
Cabelas
Peters in Roseville (range allows rapid fire too)

CriticalSpace
02-20-2007, 15:06
Originally posted by bigjim
The Firing Line has a beautiful range. Staff has always been friendly to me.

The Firing Line has great pricing and a very knowledgable staff. Its owned and operated by retired and active Westland PD. Some of whom are SWAT. The offer a wide variety of training also.

DreamWeaver88
02-20-2007, 18:57
Originally posted by robotoid
Wessels in Livonia?

Wessels is in Warren....at 9 mile and Ryan.

DW

NSANE
03-03-2007, 12:12
A couple of stores I've had great luck with are

Safes Unlimited
3361 Orchard lake road
Keego Harbar, MI. 48320
248-738-1500
Great prices, but only has a few guns in stock. One to two days to get most.

Top Gun
16725 Racho
Taylor, MI. 48180
734-282-8470

Cool store!

10 Ring Tao
03-03-2007, 12:24
Originally posted by NSANE
A couple of stores I've had great luck with are

Safes Unlimited

Great prices, but only has a few guns in stock. One to two days to get most.

That was the only place I was able to find corbon .380 DPX within an hour's drive.

That said, I remember the prices being a bit ridiculous.

DownRiver
03-13-2007, 22:58
What's up ten ring!...been a while.

I'm sad to hear you had a bad expirience at Top Gun. They allow rapid fire of two to three shots.....anyone who yelled at you for doing double taps didn't know what they were talking about. You can double tap to your hearts content as long as your not shooting up the ceiling..........which I know you weren't.:)

By the way today was my last day working there so I'm officially non-bias..haha

Anyways good to see a familiar face around here after my extended absence from GT

Pyzik
04-18-2007, 09:51
Originally posted by 10 Ring Tao
[B]Recommended by others:
Johnson's
Adrian
http://www.johnsonsguns.com/

BIG +1000
These guys are awsome! Sometimes I will swing by Cabela's in Dundee. If I find somthing there(in the way of firearms) that I like I will call up Johnson's, let them know what I am looking at, and they will tell me what they can do better.
FWIW any time Cabela's takes in a smithing order they send the firearm to Johnson's.

boganz45
04-19-2007, 19:53
+1 for Michi-GUN

I have bought these guns from them at very good prices:

-Glock 23
-Remington 870 Wingmaster LC
-Colt Match Target Competition H-Bar
-Glock 22
-Glock 23 (second one)

Top notch everytime. He has thrown in a coffee mug, free rounds, a free grip, free lube, etc. HIGHLY recommended. Later,

Pitmaster
05-02-2007, 14:33
Farr & Sons
1305 Airport Road
Niles, MI

Great gunsmith services with a nice selection of guns. Owners are extremely knowledgeable and service oriented. Since I'm an out of stater I won't be able to buy, but they will do all of my work.

Xenia
06-06-2007, 23:47
Originally posted by stallion114
I hate Total firearms, and am glad to see I am nota alone. Ive been there a few times and had about 50% good bad experiences. If you ask me a retail store should have 99% positive experience.
There prices are insanely high in their store they were selling a sigma for 560!!!!
About a year ago I went in their to purchase my first handgun, I knew very little about them and was looking for some help. I was looking at a .380 and called it a 38 and the guy just makes me feel like a dumb*** while I admit it waws a little funny I didnt know this, if I am trying to sell a product the last thing i want to do is make the customer feel uncomfortable.
My biggest beef is with the turd that was running the range one afternoon. The guy is the most arrogant ahole I have ever met. (ex cop he says)
I showed up an 45 minutes before they closed with 2 friends, one of whom has only fired my 22 one other time.
So even though the website clearly says you can buy range time in half hour blocks, he makes me pay for 2 full hours for 45 minutes because there is only 2 to a lane. He then humiliates my friends on there shooting styles and tells the one who has limited shooting experiences that the slide was going to cut his hand off.
After all of this he spends 20 minutes talking about the shooting lessons he offers and brags about how good his accuracy is from 25 yards.

I WILL NEVER DO ANY BUSINESS WITH TOTAL FIREARMS AS LONG AS I LIVE B/C of that guy!!!

I don't know squat but I met this guy when I visited Total. I am a woman and I figured I was treated as I was for that reason. I know a jerk when I see them and this guy sure was. Now, normally, I put a guy like that down a peg or two from the get go. Instead, I just put up with him. I also paid for the full hour of range time... when I only wanted to test a G-19 and shot only 10 rounds!

I could have used the full hour... just for fun, but I didn't want to stay there. I just had a bad feeling about the place. Besides, they guy wanted me to sign up for $75 an hour private lessons. I can assure you.... this woman knows a thing or two about characters... no way was I going to go out of my way to spend alone time with him.

No one has mentioned Schupbachs in Jackson. After I bought my gun from Michigan Police Equipment Co. in Lansing, I went there for some ammunition and other supplies. I made a comment to them that I had bought the Glock but never had them show me how to clean it and I was a newby. I said I read on line how to do it, read the manual but still couldn't do it. The man had me bring my gun in and spent over 30 minutes with me helping me learn how to take the slide off. (I thought I had lack of hand strength but after he lubed it... I had no trouble.) No charge! Now, THAT is a Gentleman with a capital "G".

BTW, Michigan Police Equipment seems like good folks. I got lost getting there and bought the gun just as they were closing and had barely enough time to drive to work. So, I don't have anything bad to say about them.

The 15 year old Glock 19 was under $300. I have no idea if that is a good price or not. It came with a transport approved box, two trigger locks (one for the box) and two 15 round magazines. It also had an after market rubber grip and night sights.

Turtle13
06-21-2007, 16:05
Gun World Inc.
Metamora (south of Lapeer on 24 about eight miles)
Jason is the owner.
Open M, W, F 10-7, Sat. 10-3
810-678-8778

Gun world was mentioned in the OP. I can attest that this store is great. Jason is knowledgable and very friendly. His prices aren't rock bottom, but they're good and I support small businesses. So, this is my official thumbs up for Gun World.

StockGlock23
07-30-2007, 00:18
I would like to add:
Store:
Jay's Sporting Goods
8800 S. Clare Ave.
Clare MI, 48617
989-386-3475

Gunsmith:
Cimmaron Gun Works
1010 W. Saginaw Rd.
Sanford MI, 48657
989-687-5671

For what it's worth I live in Indiana, and drive to Jay's for ALL my new gun purchases. I gave the address and phone number off the top of my head. Jeania is the gun dept. manager and she is one of the sweetest ladies I have ever met.

Eternal Sun
08-20-2007, 11:30
+1 on Jay's in Clare. I havn't been there for a while, but it's a nice store (family owned) large selection (especially for long guns), decent prices, and reloading stuff too! In addition to other outdoor gear too - keeps the wife busy while I look at guns.

omega48038
09-05-2007, 18:21
M & R Specialties
1126 S. Gratiot Ave.
Mt. Clemens, MI 48043
(586) 954-3998

Not much as far as stock, but if you know what you want, he'll get it for you in a day or two, at a good price. Great refinishing services too (Diamondkote, a real nice process). Mike is very knowledgeable and friendly, no sales pressure, just good advice from a pro (if you ask for it). Also a very interesting guy to just BS with.

http://www.mrarms.com/

I'm Such a Bird
09-07-2007, 11:19
Yep, I met that range officer at Total Firearms in Mason/Holt just a couple of days ago. I bought 200 rounds of ammunition with the intention of shooting for only one hour. This guy decided to "take me on" as his student for the day, and proceeded to critique my form and "teach" me for much of the time that I was there. I only shot 108 rounds before my hour was up, and had to leave. This guy talked down at me for a large portion of that time.
I dealt with it because I am a polite person, and because he was the range officer, but I wondered what it was about me that attracted him to condescend.

I guess that I am not the only one!

I'm Such a Bird
09-10-2007, 23:55
Oh, and just so that I don't seem like I am here to flame a place without giving any positives--I AM taking some of that range officer's advice in my shooting posture from now on. I just didn't like his approach to teach me when it was unasked for and I was paying to shoot--not talk. I was not doing anything in an unsafe manner before he approached me.

And I want to say that I bought my Glock 23 at Classic Arms Co. in Lansing. It is my first handgun, and I was VERY happy with the customer service there. I can vouch for the fact that I was not talked down to in the least there, even though my knowledge of handguns was relatively limited at the time.

I was treated with respect as I was taught how to disassemble/assemble (field-strip) my gun, how to clean it, lube it, and was recommended a variety of products with which to maintain it. They even threw in a couple of free items for me, such as a silicone cloth, and some Hoppe's #9. I understand that many of you think that Classic Arms Co. is overpriced, but I must say that I think that they were worth the extra cost when I bought my first Glock. Very patient with my inexperience (and they didn't force their ideas on me!).

Chui
10-28-2007, 02:00
I've visited all of the ranges short of one in SE Michigan at least five times and the best by far is The Firingline. The owners (2 of them) are both retired police officers one a patrol officer (Don Haight) and the other a SWAT marksman (Tommy Vaughn). Of the workers there is one other retired officer/instructor and two active LE officers. The really nice thing is the "hangers on": engineers, competitors, active and retired LE officers and what not. ALL of them are knowledgeable; one employee (K9 officer) is a highly respected competitive shooter. In fact, on any given weekend there are six guys there that could shoot "Expert" in IDPA; yet they are simply combat shooters who regularly attend classes in the region. On occasion there are some 'interesting' visitors who also step behind the counter to assist - we all do - in sales and, my specialty, assisting new shooters learn to shoot. The atmosphere is usually laid back with a bit of "goofballing" on occasion amongst the employees. There is usually a video playing on the two TVs - usually Kelly McCann (Jim Grover), Andy Stanford or Jim Yeager or a movie. There are classes from "Drawing from Concealment" to "Force on Force". There is a Thursday night Ladies Night (check the website or call for details) and a mildly competitive Fun League.

The place is like family and I have no issues stopping and and "going to work" selling, 'smithing or instructing. Yes, the prices are as low as a store can get without taking a beating and there is almost always someone in the store that can answer technical issues/concerns.

Come in early on a Sunday and just hang out a while. It's a diverse group and serves as a place to "catch up" with fellow serious shooters.

There is a nice selection, but not like that found at Target Sports or Guns Galore but unless you're unsafe and not willing to learn you'll probably not find a more hospitable crew. For instance, if things are not too busy I'll spend whatever time is needed for new shooters. I also offer to field strip and lube newly purchased pistols for those who are new to firearms. If they purchase and shoot I offer to clean and lube them before they leave.

There is a ton of Glock and Sig parts and two 'smiths frequent the place and there are three persons there who can do minor work on Glocks, Sigs & troubleshoot others.

I know each will have their own relationships/likes and dislikes, but I think you'll like the jovial atmosphere (it could actually be a reality show on Showtime when "the crew" is all present).

See you on the weekend.

who_dat
11-16-2007, 17:21
I saw Jay's in Clare and I agree, but the prices are about 10 to 15 % higher than most. Also saw Gary's in Muskegon and I like that store as well. I got one of my guns there and like their prices, selection, and people.

Most of my business goes to Port City Pistols in Muskegon. Great prices, but a little limited in store selection. Greg will order anything you want, and the prices are still better than any I've seen anywhere. They have an indoor range, CPL classes, and long hours. Give it a try.
Port City Pistols
4250 Airline Rd.
Muskegon, MI
231-830-8100

hakuin
12-02-2007, 17:31
For those who appreciated the gunsmithing service previously at Classic Arms, that guy (Big Dave) has opened his own gunshop in BATH (dowtown) as of last month. He's been running the biz under the name Sportsman's Tackle, but his new FFL will change that name. I'll get you the new name as soon as I talk to him Monday.

He's located at 13630 Main St (suite D-around in the back) Bath, MI 48808
(517) 641-4979 is the current phone # I have. With Dave gone from Classic, I have no more reason to cross their threshold...my business will go to Mr. Dave Nickols, now.

Dave is a former LEO and very honorable individual.

Brian

hakuin
12-07-2007, 13:58
Follow-up to my post of 12-2:

The new business name is MID-MICHIGAN GUNS & GEAR.
The address and phone # remain the same.

JonShoup
01-06-2008, 12:45
Shooter's Choice on E. Main (off Sprinkle Rd) in Kzoo is a great place to visit. Bob is a great guy and, along with swapping stories til the sun goes down, he will get you anything you want at a great price. His in-store gun selection is unimpressive, but if you know what you want he's the guy to get it. Also, he has a great holster selection and the best knife display in atleast 2 counties (not that he has much competition in this area). His info is as follows:

Shooters Choice
3738 E. Main St
Kalamazoo, Mi
(269) 345-2225

TAC-GLOCK
02-24-2008, 09:06
Found a new one in S.E. Michigan:

DETROIT ARMS, LLC
31733 23 Mile Rd, Bldg. B
Chesterfield, MI 48047

Jim & Doreen Hankins :wavey:
586-598-5300
www.DetroitArms.com
Sales@DetroitArms.com

I stopped in last week. It's a small family run business with a very friendly, helpful attitude (nice for a change). They are starting out and inventory is modest, but they're very eager to order what you need at vary fair prices. They also take guns on consignment for 10% which is really nice!

Stop by, check them out!

karttu
04-24-2008, 21:59
Northwoods Trading Post aka Freeman's Firearms
Hancock, MI (Keweenaw Penninsula)

Very good selection of defensive handguns for the area. Rick is a cool guy and pleasure to work with. $30 HG xfers; he xfered my Para from gunbroker. Good selection of firearms. Carries Sig, Beretta, Glock, Springer, Colt, S&W, Taurus, Kel-Tec, Kahr, Ruger, and Magnum Research (singles and the package deals). Also carries Armalite AR-50s..

+++1 on freemans:cool:

SquareRound
05-04-2008, 12:47
ON TARGET in Kalamazoo just plain sucks. High prices, won't do a transfer unless he can't get what you looking for. Sales staff needs alot of help with knowledge of what they are selling. Must have been the day but I know what happen to the three stooges, won't be back.

SHOOTERS CHOICE, my kind of shop. Good people and excellent service and prices.

Generalcarry
05-24-2008, 12:37
How about these:
http://www.cpltrainer.com/gunlist.html

SithSpawn
07-19-2008, 23:03
I have always like Double Action. Granted its been a few years since I have been there, because I moved to Lansing. The prices were a bit higher then, but I always got great service, and was never talked down to, made to feel like I was intruding, or stuck with a gunshop commando. Guns Galore had great prices, but god help you if you wanted to see a couple of pistols, it was like you were interupting their day. And now that Im in Lansing, I tried Total, and I agree that the range officer is a tool. Also they wanted $75 to do a transfer!! I laughed and hung up the phone.

BKG-22
10-12-2008, 11:53
Silver Bullet in Grand Rapids - hands down (and no, I don't work there nor have any relationship to the business or thier owners/employees). They have a good selection, great folks to work with, and I still don't understand how they can be so much cheaper that other LARGER shops that are closer to me. From Glocks, to Sigs, handguns to AR's, they save me more money than it takes the extra gas to get there.

I should also add it is a very nice, professional place of business that I am not afraid to have the wife and kids come in with me if I need to make a quick stop. I can't say that for some of the shops that are closer to me to the south.

I have to drive 45 minutes to get there but it is worth the drive... period!

Edit: didn't want ot mention names, but SqaureRound (above) hits the nail on the head!

BKG-22
10-12-2008, 12:17
I have lived in SW Michigan for 20+ years and have never been to Shooters Choice in Kalamazoo. Will have to stop by.

Someone earlier in this thread mentioned Gary's Guns in Muskegon. As previously described, it is definitely a "mom & pop" looking operation, but I was very impressed. I have only been there once and did not buy anything (was just looking/checking them out). But they were very friendly, had a good selection, and prices seemed to be average if not slightly lower than average (which is good). Definitely cheaper than what folks have to deal with in Kalamazoo.

10-16-2008, 19:59
Please add:

Five-O Distributors, Inc.
6784 Allen Road
Allen Park, MI 48101
Website (http://www.five-odistributors.com)
Phone: (313) 382-COPS (2677)

Specializing in LE equipment and firearms

Note: Five-O Distributors, Inc. is open to law enforcement, active military, and public safety officials only. Department/Agency ID is required for many items in the store, including LE priced firearms.

EandE
11-24-2008, 20:13
Duncan's Outdoor Shop, Bay City

300-400 handguns on display plus long guns, indoor pistol and rifle ranges, onsite gunsmithing, GSSF indoor match range, Glock Days with the Glock matches. Great place to play

The Chairman
12-14-2008, 13:59
Anyone know anything about Point Blank shooting range and gun shop in Benton Harbor, MI?

Harmzway
03-22-2009, 20:53
You can add:

Silver Bullet Firearms
(616)249-1911
5121 S. Division
Wyoming, MI 49548

I will NEVER go back to silver bullet again. I have bought a few fire arms from them as well as several holsters and ammo. however, after my last pistol purchase, I finally had enough of the "I know way more than you ever will or could" attitude i recieved from all but the gunsmith and 1 retiree named Pete.
I couldint ask for my preferred brand of ammo with out getting snyde remarks and moreover, was wicked pissed when My Wife called me in tears over the way She was treated when she bought CCI Stingers for home defense. (She is just starting out and that is all she is comfortable shooting at the moment.)
I now spend ALL of my gun and ammo money at a small shop in Muskegon.(port city pistol)
the day that silver bullet goes under, I will gleefully mitriate on the doors.

AITruckGuy
03-28-2009, 20:09
I'll agree with two: Gary's Guns in Muskegon is first rate. I ordered an FN P-9 from him the day before New Year's Eve two years ago. He had it the next day, and charged me $20 less than anyplace else I could find.

MI Police Supply is also A-1. Dave takes care of me on everything I need: from an extra magazine to a new G-17 I get the same good treatment.

I'm sorry to read that the above poster had a bad experience at the Silver Bullet. The place is first class in every way, but a little pricier than Gary's. I did meet one employee (retired, old grouch) that was a PITA. Every one else has been first class. The two men that own the place work hard to treat people fairly - if you take your complaint to Doug or Rick I'm sure thay would want to hear about it.

NFEDERIC
06-04-2009, 15:30
I go to Port City Pistol in Muskegon all the time! Its nice that it's on my way home and that its open till 8 during the week. I like Gary's alot as well, although his hours make it so I can't go there very often.. Peggy and Gary are definately first rate and Greg and Mark at Port City are Excellent as well!! For both shops being alot smaller than others might be used to, the customer service at both shops is beyond amazing! If you haven't been to either, you owe it to yourself to check them out some time!

COBO19
06-06-2009, 14:04
I bought my G19 and my S/W 325 PD from Target Sports in Royal Oak, they seem ok to me, am I missing something:dunno:

November Sunrise
06-09-2009, 10:09
I don't know squat but I met this guy when I visited Total. I am a woman and I figured I was treated as I was for that reason. I know a jerk when I see them and this guy sure was. Now, normally, I put a guy like that down a peg or two from the get go. Instead, I just put up with him. I also paid for the full hour of range time... when I only wanted to test a G-19 and shot only 10 rounds!

I could have used the full hour... just for fun, but I didn't want to stay there. I just had a bad feeling about the place. Besides, they guy wanted me to sign up for $75 an hour private lessons. I can assure you.... this woman knows a thing or two about characters... no way was I going to go out of my way to spend alone time with him.

No one has mentioned Schupbachs in Jackson. After I bought my gun from Michigan Police Equipment Co. in Lansing, I went there for some ammunition and other supplies. I made a comment to them that I had bought the Glock but never had them show me how to clean it and I was a newby. I said I read on line how to do it, read the manual but still couldn't do it. The man had me bring my gun in and spent over 30 minutes with me helping me learn how to take the slide off. (I thought I had lack of hand strength but after he lubed it... I had no trouble.) No charge! Now, THAT is a Gentleman with a capital "G".

I can attest to Schupbachs as well. They have a lot of knowledge in their staff and have a ton of firearms on hand as well. I buy some type of item from them almost weekly. Yea, I can get some general items for a few cents cheaper from walmart but the service is worth the extra pennies. They are also the largest Mathews dealer in the NATION if your into archery.
Schupbachs Sporting Goods
141 West Pearl
Jackson, Mi 49201
517-782-8418

Tril
06-11-2009, 21:25
I'll agree with two: Gary's Guns in Muskegon is first rate. I ordered an FN P-9 from him the day before New Year's Eve two years ago. He had it the next day, and charged me $20 less than anyplace else I could find.

MI Police Supply is also A-1. Dave takes care of me on everything I need: from an extra magazine to a new G-17 I get the same good treatment.

I'm sorry to read that the above poster had a bad experience at the Silver Bullet. The place is first class in every way, but a little pricier than Gary's. I did meet one employee (retired, old grouch) that was a PITA. Every one else has been first class. The two men that own the place work hard to treat people fairly - if you take your complaint to Doug or Rick I'm sure thay would want to hear about it.

I'm also sorry to hear about bad experiences at TSB, but I'm pretty sure it's all the same guy. I'm sort of a noob when it comes to pistols, and there is only one person there that ever gave me a bad vibe. Old grouchy d-bag, seems bothered to help anyone. That being said, he was SOMEWHAT justified.

I was checking out a HK they had as a rental, as I'm looking to buy a P2000 or a P30. Apparently, I had swept him once or twice while I was looking at it. I think I was watching the hammer action while dry firing. It's kind of new to me, as my first and only pistol is a Glock. As I said, he was completely in the right to say something, but when he did it was very snotty and actually startled me a bit. It was a lazy, quiet day in there. The part that pissed me off the most was after the fact, when we were walking over to the rental counter, I apologized for it and explained that I'm a noobie, and he didn't say a word to even acknowledge what I had said. Again, he was totally justified for correcting me, but being berated is NOT the way to do it. I work for one of the largest, technically involved, sales oriented, customer facing companies in the country, so you could say I know a thing or two about customer service. I give him a grade of EPIC FAIL. He should be let go, as he realistically is probably costing them money.

Ok, my rant is done.

On a more positive note, I can highly recommend that if anyone goes to TSB, try to deal with or talk to Jeremiah. Great dude, friendly, knowledgable, and is more than willing to spend some time with someone that might need some knowledge and info.

There's another guy there I had a great experience with, I feel bad that I can't think of his name right now. Shorter, skinnier guy, a self proclaimed Glock freak. Down right fantastic at explaining anything.

All in all, a big +1 for TSB. Unfortunately, as is typical of any retail environment, there's just 1 or 2 d-bags in any store.

fulltang
06-15-2009, 08:45
another vote for On Target in Kalamazoo. They have been doing right by me for over 20 years.

wlkrbob
06-18-2009, 18:06
In MY opinion, I have always been treated GREAT at:
The Hock Shop In Port Huron
VF Sports in Port Huron
Michi-gun in St Clair Shores
Peters in Roseville
Bullets and Broadheads in Kimball
Firing Line in Westland

DID NOT CARE for the second time I went into Target Sports in Royal oak, and WILL NOT purchase anything from them.

michiganGLOCK
07-30-2009, 14:37
Another great gun shop is Action Impact in detroit on 8 mile

I bought my Glock 26 brand-new from them and I cannot say anything negative about them. They respectful and curtious to any person walking in the door whether they are buying a new gun or a pack of snap-caps. Their range it top-notch and if I didn't find this gun shop then I wouldn't be going to shoot every single week.

Glock Racer
08-12-2009, 21:12
Try 'Peter's Gun Shop & Indoor Range' - in Roseville @ 28631 Gratiot. All (well most of 'em) the guys working there are Glock armorers! If they don't know the answere to your questions they WILL find it. Some of the most knowledgeable folks around, what one may not know the other does! Best prices I've seen over all. This place has been around nearly 40 years! It's not the most modern place (by far) but rapid fire is allowed if you hit the target. :-) Absolutely the most friendly place around.

latin glocker
09-14-2009, 15:38
I've gotta give Silver Bullet some major props. Great folks to deal with, bought my Glock there and also took my CCW class through them. A wonderful place hang out with a knowledgeable staff.

Waffen Monk
09-26-2009, 14:47
Wessel's on 9mile, what bunch of a**holes. I will never give them another dime!

Surley old goats :shocked:

cruces
10-28-2009, 20:24
Detroit Arms, 31733 23 mile rd, Chesterfield, MI, just east of 94, 586-5985300, they charge 25 dollars flat for transfers, Nothing else.

Harder Auto Parts charges 20 dollars PLUS Michigan Tax for all transfers, this is WRONG and he should STOP it. Wonder where the Mich Tax goes?.:steamed:

furioso2112
01-11-2010, 13:19
Mill Creek Sports in Dexter, MI. They have a decent range (6 lanes, pistol only, average ventilation), and I am often the ony one in there shooting (weekdays). The other patrons I have been around shooting there have either been quiet and un-interactive, or friendly and interested, offered me to shoot their guns, declined to shoot mine when I offered. The staff have been matter-of-fact and professional, an older mom-and-pop-and-friends seeming organization, until they saw that I had been there before or recognize me - then they are small-town friendly. They have a slight discount program - shoot so many times for a bit less, in half- or one-hour increments.

Their gun selection is somewhat limited, and I have not bought a gun there - mostly hunting oriented, or shotguns for clays. Some trusty used guns, and a few handguns. When I have perused the handguns (they keep them in an open safe on the floor), they ask if I need any help, and when I have asked a question or two, some have answered, apologetically, "Oh...I'm sorry, I don't know much about that...I could call so and so and get an answer, though...you probably know more about it than I do." Pretty refreshing for a gun shop. Other employees have, only upon sensing my advertised interest in hearing what they have to say, discussed what they know about (their particular guns or shooting habits), but no more than that - generalizations rather than proclamations. They are mostly a snowmobile dealer/repair shop, it seems.

bayshtyshorty
02-03-2010, 09:59
Duncan's Outdoor Shop
501 Salzburg
Bay City, MI 48706
989-894-6691
www.duncansoutdoor.com

srd
04-18-2010, 07:48
Waco sales in Wayland [ between Kalamazoo and Grand Rapids] . A small store with a small selection BUT what Gary doesnt have he will get at 10% over cost. I have been doing buisness there for over 20 years.

Smoke35
11-08-2010, 17:36
http://www.silverbulletfirearms.com/ complete with indoor range and on site gunsmith. Excellant people to deal with.

I have shot at this range and it was nice, the staff was friendly but I cannot remember how the prices were....But A+ for nice shooting range.

Generalcarry
11-09-2010, 04:12
Detroit Arms, 31733 23 mile rd, Chesterfield, MI, just east of 94, 586-5985300, they charge 25 dollars flat for transfers, Nothing else.

Harder Auto Parts charges 20 dollars PLUS Michigan Tax for all transfers, this is WRONG and he should STOP it. Wonder where the Mich Tax goes?.:steamed:

IF Harding buys the gun for you, he would have to pay the tax. If YOU bought the gun and had it sent to him, there would be a straight transfer right???
Is there something I'm missing?????:dunno:

Donzi Gt250
11-21-2010, 05:19
I have had issues with a guy named Mario at the Firingline on a couple occasions.
But overall I think they treat people pretty good.

asaling
11-23-2010, 12:21
I've always been treated good at The Firing Line (Westland), Gave me a decent discount on my purchase. The range is nice enough, I believe there are 16 lanes for shooting. My wife and mother-in-law enjoy the "Ladies Only" nights they have with only women instructors.

My favorite indoor range is the Firearm Exchange in Liviona on E. Schoolcraft between Merriman & Middlebelt roads. Digital lane distance controls and computerized programs that the staff can set up for you.

505Gibbs
12-17-2010, 17:14
Northwest Gunshop on Grand River has been closed for about 2 years now and the owner of the Firearms Exchange didn't listen to the Feds so . . . he lost his FFL!
He has opened a range on Schoolcraft service drive[N. side] between Middlebelt and Merriman.

Rustyaxecamp
03-04-2011, 08:02
Williams Gunshop
Auburn, MI

New, used, all types of supplies, plus a full service shop.

Nephew (I believe) of Dick Williams in Saginaw.

Great guy. Very straight shooter and will not push products on you.

Very competitive prices too.

$25 for a FFL fee on transfers.

HoldHard
03-04-2011, 09:16
Close Quarters Tactical (http://www.cqtusa.com/main/default.aspx) in Shelby Township had their Grand (Re)Opening at the end of February. Once they get the paperwork for the make-up air system approved, the range will be open for business. At the moment, the airsoft range, gunshop and gunsmithing service is up and running.

They offer high-end AR platforms (Armalite, LMT and LWRCI) for those that are looking for the upper end of that market's price point.

They also have a huge airsoft range for force-on-force training and have about 50% of their proshop dedicated to airsoft.

They also offer a 360 degree, 1,250 square foot, two story shoot house.

One of the best equiped facilities in this part of the country.

HH

Hauptmann6
05-12-2011, 10:38
Williams Gunshop
Auburn, MI

Is that the blackpowder shop?

tedbeau
06-13-2011, 06:41
Duncans Outdoor Shop
501 Salzburg Ave
Bay City, Michigan 48706
(989) 894-6691
www.duncansoutdoor.com (http://www.duncansoutdoor.com)

I bought my G27 from Duncan's. Glenn in a great guy. They do have one guy there I am not to crazy about but most of his people are pretty good.

Another shop that might have slightly better prices is Williams Gun Shop, in Auburn Michigan.

http://www.mlive.com/truenorth/index.ssf/2008/07/the_williams_gun_shop_auburn_a.html

I believe the owner used to be with the one in the Flint area, but they are not associated with each other now. I haven't actually bought anything from them, but I know their prices are pretty competative.

Errick
12-26-2011, 22:21
Near Traverse City

Shooters
info@shootersrangellc.com
1299 Silver Lake Crossings Blvd.
Grawn, MI 49637
231-421-9222

Good selection of new and used firearms.
Ammo
Archery supplies
Gun range

Just opened earlier this year. 2011.

ajelias
11-17-2012, 19:30
No The Black Powder Shop closed a few years ago This is a some what new gun shop that opened not too long ago

QuietAnarchist
02-01-2013, 17:03
A new shop called Ann Arbor Arms (A3) opened on the west side of the Peoples Republic of Ann Arbor on Jackson Road. They are geared more toward home and personal defense, so you're not likely to see anything like your Grandpa's deer rifle on the rack. They carry a pretty good selection of handguns, a few shotguns, and even tactical rifles. Prices seem mostly fair given the insanity going on with availability of firearms and ammo.

douglasd
08-09-2013, 19:59
I just get pissy when someone tries to sell me 115gr 9mm American Eagle for over $12/box "on sale."

Just curious...what do you think of that price now??
:supergrin:

plumbum2
12-03-2013, 17:16
Just curious...what do you think of that price now??
:supergrin:

what about now? :rofl::rofl: