loads [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : loads

Ersatz0906
12-23-2005, 06:25
hello sirs,

When I Practice shooting I use light loads and Im more please with it because of the light recoil so I can do tight groups.

But my question is, is it ok to practice using light loads? because when I carry my FA I use armscor (kasi walang other brands available) and Armscore use major loads (more recoil)

so when the time comes and see yourself in a tight situation (hope it wont happen Lord) and use your FA, Can you still hit the BG? I know that all your time spent on practicing could help on this but will it be better if you use major load in practicing instead of the light loads?

thanks

atmarcella
12-23-2005, 06:48
practice ka na lang once in a while w/ major loads, the point is para di ka lang magulat sa lakas ng load mo if ever kailanganin mo, pero ako kung nasa range ako for playing ipsc cgurado "powerpuff" load gamit ko, metering below 150pf, masarap kasi iputok eh hehehehe;f nandito naman tayo para mag enjoy di ba;f

MR_BIG
12-23-2005, 07:16
Originally posted by Ersatz0906
hello sirs,

When I Practice shooting I use light loads and Im more please with it because of the light recoil so I can do tight groups.

But my question is, is it ok to practice using light loads? because when I carry my FA I use armscor (kasi walang other brands available) and Armscore use major loads (more recoil)

so when the time comes and see yourself in a tight situation (hope it wont happen Lord) and use your FA, Can you still hit the BG? I know that all your time spent on practicing could help on this but will it be better if you use major load in practicing instead of the light loads?

thanks

from what i've read, in stressfull situations you wont even notice recoil because of adrenalin , ever watched them police videos?

Django
12-23-2005, 07:45
Originally posted by MR_BIG
from what i've read, in stressfull situations you wont even notice recoil because of adrenalin , ever watched them police videos?

Maybe true but why risk it? Practice with reloads which simulate your carry loads. What and how you practice is what and how you'll do/perform in actual combat.

If the recoil bothers you, buy a gun with less recoil such as the full size .380's or .32's by Beretta or Walther.

jasonub
12-23-2005, 18:08
practice ammo match ammo is one for me. as for carry its too expensive. try to shoot a couple of hundered. if it does not jam ok na yan.

MR_BIG
12-25-2005, 09:28
what i do is i sometimes practice with standard loads like Armscorp 230gr@850fps, just recently, i switched to carrying golden sabers 230gr(not +P, i carried powerballs before), halos parehas recoil nila ng armscorp factory loads.

toxic
12-27-2005, 02:11
For Practice I usually pop heavier loads and in comps/carry lighter loads for obvious reason less recoil more points on second and so on shots.
I only compete whenever i go back home , i havent won any trophy yet but im happy with my Stats , consistently going up and hopefully in the future if i learn more tricks and secrets from BOG's and pay more attention to the coach/es and not the couch ill even make it to top 10
;f

seriously..from the search i made via net and from tips from local shooters. Pro and top shooters practice heavier loads and the same loads(just like jasonub)as what they use in comps and for carry. They hit tighter groups due to the less felt recoil.

darwin25
12-27-2005, 05:24
I always separate my fun guns and my defense guns. When I want to shoot light loads, I shoot my .22 magnum. When I shoot small calibers, generally I just want to blast ammo away or I am in my rat hunting mode. When the defense guns are out, I always shoot full power loads. Although I sometimes carry my .22 magnum for defense. Anyway the point is, if you want to shoot light loads, get a smaller caliber so you could enjoy it and get more fun out of it. Get another gun with a bigger caliber for defensive use and shoot them with full power loads.

Ersatz0906
12-27-2005, 17:29
Originally posted by darwin25
I always separate my fun guns and my defense guns. When I want to shoot light loads, I shoot my .22 magnum. When I shoot small calibers, generally I just want to blast ammo away or I am in my rat hunting mode. When the defense guns are out, I always shoot full power loads. Although I sometimes carry my .22 magnum for defense. Anyway the point is, if you want to shoot light loads, get a smaller caliber so you could enjoy it and get more fun out of it. Get another gun with a bigger caliber for defensive use and shoot them with full power loads.

.22 magnum is a no no for me, bullets are expensive 15php each while my .40 only cost 4.75 lead or 5.75 teflon, I always use teflon on my guns...

If its a must that you practice with major load to prepare yourself for selfdefense, so be it...;f

mc_oliver
12-27-2005, 19:49
If you're used to major PF loads, it's easier to shoot the lighter ones. Most of the time (gun-dependednt) it doesn't work the other way around.

The best is to practice with your carry loads. Pero nampucha naman kasi sa mahal. So the next option is to approximate the power factor of your practice loads with your carry loads (use the same weight for the bullet and as much as possible same powder). Learn to shoot the major stuff, it's not that difficult kung mag praktis ka lang. ;)