Download from a CD [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Download from a CD

Generalcarry
12-23-2005, 14:26
I have been trying to download instructions off a CD from Kodak and Kyocera. I've been trying for a couple hours and I can't get the information to come up. It's like this huge mind freeze. Can anyone help here?

Texas T
12-23-2005, 15:00
Perhaps a little more info from you on what exactly you are doing, what exactly the software is doing / not doing would be helpful in attaining a response.

btoler
12-23-2005, 15:23
right click on start button
click explore
scroll down to your cd drive probaly D
left click on the cd drive and the files will appear in right pane
right click on the file you want click copy
then open the folder you want to put it in and you will paste it there.

Washington,D.C.
12-23-2005, 15:24
Click Start>My Computer>(CD drive)

Generalcarry
12-23-2005, 16:26
When I open D drive I get a zip file and a PDF file. When I open the zip I get folders, english, read me, music etc. and I can't open the PDF file. These CD's are only the software manuals for a new cell phone and also for a Kodak camera I bought for my daughter. Tried going through control panel to add programs but I'm sitting here staring at this thinking what the hells going on?

This is happening on both CD's.

Washington,D.C.
12-23-2005, 16:37
Do you have a program to open/read PDF files?Adobe Acrobat Reader?

Generalcarry
12-23-2005, 16:52
Yeah, Adobe 7.0

These are the CD's that came with the phone and camera. Why can't I just throw them in the drive and follow the prompts? I must have changed some setting somewhere down the road. Problem is, I don't know enough to undo what I did!

Generalcarry
12-25-2005, 13:13
Great! I just loaded a picture CD of my grandson and I can't open that up. When I try to open D drive it still shows the Zip file and the PDF file from the kyocera phone CD that I REMOVED and REPLACED with my picture CD. I can't open it with "My computer" then open D drive, Zoombrowser, Picassa or Adobe Photoshop.
Any ideas at all?

fastvfr
12-26-2005, 00:29
Yes. Reboot with that picture CD in the drive, and let us know if that helped any.

Oh, and if you R. Click an optical drive's icon the top option is for Autoplay...

What operating system does it run?

Generalcarry
12-26-2005, 05:15
Thank You fastvfr. All the pictures loaded and stored in the external HD.
I read here that you should leave PC running for 24/7 and that's pretty much what I have been doing. When I rebooted it must have cleaned out the RAM.
Some days I just look at this thing and totally blank. Oh well, comes with the territory I guess.
I still can't load gadget CD's.