Icons [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Icons

CalGlock
12-26-2005, 14:11
Hi, How do I get rid of the colored box behind my icons. They stay on all the time. They used to just come on if you clicked on them. Now they are all on all the time. Thanks, Dennis;P

Glock Bob
12-26-2005, 18:47
Do you mean EVERY icon is that way, or just the one you've used last? If the latter, all you've got to do is click somewhere on empty desktop space.

CalGlock
12-26-2005, 19:28
EVERY icon is that way. At all times.

Furant
12-27-2005, 06:51
Try this:
[list=1]
Right-click on My Computer
Select Properties
Select the Advanced tab
Select the Visual Effects tab
Under custom, ensure that "Use drop shadows for icon labels on the desktop" is selected.
[/list=1]
Let me know whether or not this works for you.

Joey

CalGlock
12-27-2005, 23:22
Well, that didn't do it. I have no idea how help this friend fix this problem. It's a friends computer. I think because he has so many problems coming up on this computer the only thing I think he should do is to reinstall the operating system. It's one of those dell bottom of the line ones 2400 desktop. You think dell will sell the disk to him? He never got one with it as he bought it off e-bay. Thanks, Dennis:cool: Or any other Ideas?

Notrega
12-27-2005, 23:32
change the desktopo color to match the theme...

RaiderRodney
12-28-2005, 09:03
Originally posted by CalGlock
Well, that didn't do it. I have no idea how help this friend fix this problem. It's a friends computer. I think because he has so many problems coming up on this computer the only thing I think he should do is to reinstall the operating system. It's one of those dell bottom of the line ones 2400 desktop. You think dell will sell the disk to him? He never got one with it as he bought it off e-bay. Thanks, Dennis:cool: Or any other Ideas?

Heeelllllllll no. Don't tell him to offer to buy it. Tell him to call Dell and demand that he be sent a copy of Windows and all the software that came with his computer because he (or whoever originally purchased it) paid for that when the system was bought. Most of the companies have went back to including this in their new systems. I have told many people to do this even if they don't need it atm...because they PAID for it.

I would reinstall everything and set him up with Spybot, Ad-Aware, and AVG antivirus. Good luck getting it straightened out :)