Let's make a List of BOGs With Revolvers? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Let's make a List of BOGs With Revolvers?

antediluvianist
12-26-2005, 23:56
Don't think we have ever constructed a list of BOGs who own revolvers.

As revolvers have different needs from Glocks and any other semiautos (for example that BOG thread about who are the revolver gunsmiths in the RP: answer = no gunsmith just does revolvers, he would starve)-

I suggest we make a list of BOGs who own revolvers (can own semis too, as long as you own at least one revolver of any type). Some day we can meet and see :

- what our average age is,
-where/how did you get your revolver parts when anything went wrong,
-what gunsmith do you recommend for revolver work,
-what speedloader do you use,
-how much sexual enjoyment do you get from stroking your revolver,
-what ammo do you use for self-defense versus range ,
-what are your favorite revolver websites,
-is there a correlation between a revolver's barrel length and the length of the owner's you-know-what (inverse relationship? direct?),
-who uses snubbies?,
-is it true that women find revolvers sexy/sexier than semiautos?,
- do women really say "is that a gun in your pocket or are you glad to see me?" (revolvers, especially those with bobbed hammers, can of course be fired from INSIDE a pocket, whereas semis have that slide)
- at maraming iba pa

Let me start off :

antediluvianist = one .357/.38 S&W "686 Plus" 7-shooter, stainless steel , Model "-5" (last 686 model before the in-gun lock), with 4-inch barrel. Bought it from Hermo Gut after I went through a 1911, a Tanfoglio, and a Glock 17.

next revolver guy ? just add.....

paltiq
12-27-2005, 00:27
my revos:

M38 Bodyguard (carry) (bianchi speedstrips)
M14 K-38 6" (competition) (jetloader)

gunsmith? S&W revos are 90% gunsmith free:) in case na gusto mo
ipa-chamfer cylinder holes for quick loading

trigger jobs? buy wolff reduced power springs & install them yourself and read the DIY trigger job online

competing? do yourself a favor..... use only Federal primers... or else... youre looking for trouble :cool:

carry ammos? +P = more recoil,more flash,slow sight recovery

.......you want to teach trigger control? use revolvers:)
....after that....kahit super tigas na pistol trigger yakang-yaka:cool:

Alexii
12-27-2005, 01:33
Smith&Wesson Model 15 .38 Cal 2-inch barrel; I don't shoot it much.

cebuboy
12-27-2005, 01:45
s&w mod 14 (k-38 target masterpiece) with hks speedloaders. and a colt new frontier buntline in 22 wmr. i like shooting the k-38, in fact it is almost like sex:)

hi paltiq, what are your favorite loads for your k-38?

darwin25
12-27-2005, 02:06
Originally posted by Alexii
Smith&Wesson Model 15 .38 Cal 2-inch barrel; I don't shoot it much.

would love to have it bro. I'll shoot it much;f

S&W Model 51 .22magnum with 3.5 inch barrel and 2 speedloaders.

Used to own S&W Model 10, Model 36 Chiefs Special, issued Colt DS 1st gen. Colt Python, S&W Model 19.

Every gun owner should have at least 1 revolver in one of the popular calibers specilally .357 Caliber/ .38 Special. When all else fails and when all your mags run empty, the revolver will always be handy. Heck, I think every gun owner should own at least one handgun and one long gun that doesn't need external feeding devices i.e, a revolver and a tubular mag fed long gun.

Putok-Glock
12-27-2005, 02:53
My humble year-end inventory:

1. S&W mod 10 2" .38spl
2. S&W Mod 10 3" .38spl
3. S&W Mod 15 4" .38spl
4. S&W Mod 53 4" .22jet magnum
5. S&W Mod 64 4" .38spl spurless
6. S&W Mod 66 6" .357mag
7. S&W Mod 686 6" .357mag
8. Ruger SP 101 2.25" .357mag spurless
9. Arminius 4" .22LR

...wishing for more to come...;)

antediluvianist
12-27-2005, 03:04
I had a .22 Arminius twenty years ago. It had at least 9 holes in the cylinder. Pretty loose gun, but it worked.

Eventually sold it for almost nothing. That was a wonderful "knock-around" gun.

Putok-Glock
12-27-2005, 08:12
W/ regular practice, my .22LR Arminius and I can hit, w/ regularity, a small 2T container from 30yds off-hand, standing in single action.

New_comer
12-27-2005, 08:29
I don't think the S&W 22 magnum that my father still keeps, that I regularly feed with Remington soft/hollowpoints, would let me join this list now, or would it? ;)

antediluvianist
12-27-2005, 08:37
Ah, now you remind me. My father had an S&W .22 magnum "kit gun" before martial law. Was handed in when the police ordered all registered guns to be surrendered . What a waste.

As long as your .22 magnum has a cylinder, you're in the revolver club.

mikey177
12-27-2005, 10:58
Taurus Model 85 CH - stainless steel, 2-inch barrel, bobbed hammer, DAO. Have carried it on and off since 1996.

Does anyone know where one can have custom wood grips made for revolvers? As I posted in the Buy & Sell Thread, I'm looking for grips with a smaller profile for this gun.

kcboy
12-27-2005, 15:51
taurus 357 snub nose stainless body with 7 rounds.

jundeleon
12-27-2005, 18:12
Just curious: How do we call BOGs with revolvers?

Re-BOGs?

New_comer
12-27-2005, 18:49
Band Of Revolver-Owning GlockerS -

BOROGs ;e

Masagwa yata ;P

jerrytrini
12-27-2005, 19:03
SW 642 (my backup)

antediluvianist
12-27-2005, 19:09
Why don't we call ourselves The Borg (Band Of Revolver Glockers).

Now we need some sexy lady to be our 7 of 9.

paltiq
12-27-2005, 20:16
Kalipunan ng mga Bolero:cool:

MELBU
12-27-2005, 20:28
MELBU

Revolver - Colt King Cobra .357 / SW 686

Where do i get revolver parts? Easy.

1. Thru the net check out the NUMRICH Website. I ordered front
sight for my revolver and parts for my Para ord this year, i got
it 18 days after i ordered it using my credit card.
**Note: Barrels, cylinders and magazines cannot be imported.

2. Have it custom made from our local gunsmiths.

Who is my gunsmith for my revolvers? Meron naman, his name
is Ka Oca of Firepower Gun Club Las Pinas, this guy is for
me one of the best gunsmith in town. He can create missing
parts of your gun, and this guy has a complete line of heavy
duty machining equipment at the back of his shooting range.

Heres a pic of firepower shooting range
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v614/TeamRaptor/a9a8a1ca.jpg

Heres a pic of me with my revolver
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v614/TeamRaptor/f23eb042.jpg

Heres a pic of the shooters lounge on the 2nd floor.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v614/TeamRaptor/5B280066.jpg

Heres ka oca, gunsmith while you wait
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v614/TeamRaptor/5B280067.jpg

Toledo
12-27-2005, 20:55
My Revolvers:
1) Taurus Model 65, .357 mag
2) Ruger Security Six stainless .357 mag
3) Ruger 50th Anniversary Blackhawk, .357 mag

Alexii
12-27-2005, 21:11
Originally posted by antediluvianist
Why don't we call ourselves The Borg (Band Of Revolver Glockers).

Now we need some sexy lady to be our 7 of 9.

Now we're talkin'.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v322/Alexii/Jeri_Ryan_2.jpg;)

isuzu
12-27-2005, 22:56
Is the Arminius the German-made revolver with aluminum frame?

gunfool
12-27-2005, 23:46
Originally posted by MELBU
MELBU

Revolver - Colt King Cobra .357 / SW 686

Where do i get revolver parts? Easy.

1. Thru the net check out the NUMRICH Website. I ordered front
sight for my revolver and parts for my Para ord this year, i got
it 18 days after i ordered it using my credit card.
**Note: Barrels, cylinders and magazines cannot be imported.

2. Have it custom made from our local gunsmiths.

Who is my gunsmith for my revolvers? Meron naman, his name
is Ka Oca of Firepower Gun Club Las Pinas, this guy is for
me one of the best gunsmith in town. He can create missing
parts of your gun, and this guy has a complete line of heavy
duty machining equipment at the back of his shooting range.

Heres a pic of firepower shooting range
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v614/TeamRaptor/a9a8a1ca.jpg

Heres a pic of me with my revolver
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v614/TeamRaptor/f23eb042.jpg

Heres a pic of the shooters lounge on the 2nd floor.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v614/TeamRaptor/5B280066.jpg

Heres ka oca, gunsmith while you wait
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v614/TeamRaptor/5B280067.jpg Hi Melbu, So we have the same gunsmith! Yeah I agree, for me Mang Oca is still the best gunsmith in town! Give my regards to him pare. I really did not have the time to see him when I was there in Pinas for 3 days. (dec.24 to 27)Hindi ko tuloy nabayaran yung kulang ko sa gunsmithing nang baril ko. ;f Di ko rin natawagan kasi nakalimutan ko calling card nya sa isang walllet ko. Anyway, I'll let my wife settle it or maybe I when go back sa Chinese New Year. Yan ang maganda kay Mang Oca pare pwede utang basta tropa ka nya. ;f Jun/Gunfool

antediluvianist
12-28-2005, 00:29
MELBU and gunfool, that's very good to know . Must drop by Firepower Gun Club Las Pinas some time.

MELBU
12-28-2005, 01:38
Hi gunfool, from las pinas ka rin pala? Hope to meet you soon bro.
Hi ante, yep ka oca is a nice guy bro, very accomodating bait nyan.

toxic
12-28-2005, 02:42
pwede ba isali palteka-teka dito.;f

A.BOG's wheelies
B.Wheel gunners
C.ReBOG's : sounds like a shoe brand.

A & B na lang your choice.

antediluvianist
12-28-2005, 03:16
Originally posted by isuzu
Is the Arminius the German-made revolver with aluminum frame?

The Hermann Weihrauch airgun company, a very respected quality airgun company going back to the 19th century, decided - in the 1950s - to manufacture a line of very cheap handguns. They sold them under the brand "Arminius", who is a famous German warrior-leader who fought the Romans 2,000 years ago.

The guns were really lousy and have tarnished the image of Weihrauch. I believe "Arminius" guns are still made, and they are said to be much better now, but the historical association with cheap, lousy handguns is permanent.

Mine functioned acceptably. Here's a quote from a handgun forum : "Arminius .22 revolvers from the 1950s are as cheap as firearms get without being downright dangerous." I don't know - it didn't seem dangerous to me - no lead-spitting, and the timing was OK. At the time I just wanted a low-recoil, high-capacity, loud (to scare people) revolver for my wife, and the Arminius worked for that.

So there are two guys in this thread who have owned Arminius handguns. Anybody else?

atmarcella
12-28-2005, 03:49
i also have a taurus model 85, w/ hks speedloader and wolff trigger group competition pack, makes an excellent pocket gun, loaded w/ 125gr. winchester +p hollowpoints;f

antediluvianist
12-28-2005, 04:01
atmarcella, sounds like a well set up gun you have there. Am considering something like that to be my daughter's gun (she's in her twenties and good looking - sometimes taxi drivers have been pests, not to moention all other possible creeps.) . Where did you get your gun and Wolff springs etc. (locally, I hope) . Seriously, would you consider selling it? I'll PM you.

Where do you buy your Winchester +Ps and how much do they sell for if you remember?

Allegra
12-28-2005, 09:58
eto treat for you rev shooters - fafa Jerry Miculek

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=4960982868811177155

clmautz
12-28-2005, 12:09
but I just inherited a 60's (guessing here) Arminius .32 S&W Long 2" snubby. Timing seems fine, locks up good, but is heavy! Definately not an aluminum frame.

I'll post a pic sometime soon.

Found this thread searching on the keyword 'Arminius'...

maomanila
12-28-2005, 16:46
I have the SW 686, 6", 6 shooter. I also have a very very old Colt Detective Special snubbie.

By the way, antediluvianist, why don't we tell gaston to produce a glock revolver? In polymer, perhaps? Imagine polymer and tenifer finish steel frame, barrel and cylinder... pwede kaya ito? ;f

atmarcella
12-28-2005, 18:44
atmarcella, sounds like a well set up gun you have there. Am considering something like that to be my daughter's gun (she's in her twenties and good looking - sometimes taxi drivers have been pests, not to moention all other possible creeps.) . Where did you get your gun and Wolff springs etc. (locally, I hope) . Seriously, would you consider selling it? I'll PM you.

Where do you buy your Winchester +Ps and how much do they sell for if you remember?

PM sent sir:)

gunfool
12-28-2005, 19:22
MELBU and gunfool, that's very good to know . Must drop by Firepower Gun Club Las Pinas some time. no problem sir, just tell mang oca you were refered by me "jun duran" (sabay ilag, joke!) am sure you will get fair deal with your gunsmithing. actually di naman sya mahal sumingil but am sure tatanungin ka nya sino nag refer sa 'yo.

gunfool
12-28-2005, 19:31
Originally posted by MELBU
Hi gunfool, from las pinas ka rin pala? Hope to meet you soon bro.
Hi ante, yep ka oca is a nice guy bro, very accomodating bait nyan. Dati ako sa las pinas dre, sa Manuela IV. Na meet ko si Mang Oca sa firing range dati sa Uniwide Las Pinas sometime 1999. Nasa Cupang na ako ngayon nakatira, still lagi pa rin ako sa Fire Power at malimit inuman kami ni mang oca. ;f

antediluvianist
12-28-2005, 21:10
Originally posted by maomanila
I have the SW 686, 6", 6 shooter. I also have a very very old Colt Detective Special snubbie.

By the way, antediluvianist, why don't we tell gaston to produce a glock revolver? In polymer, perhaps? Imagine polymer and tenifer finish steel frame, barrel and cylinder... pwede kaya ito? ;f

Some shooters regard the present Glock semiauto itself as the closest one can get to a hi-capacity revolver: no safety, just point and shoot, like a revolver. I owned a Glock 17, kaya lang I did't like the trigger much- it's certainly not a light, crisp SA revolver trigger, and it's not a L-O-N-G safe DA revolver trigger either. Also my fingers got arthritis so I needed a heavier gun to absorb the recoil jump, so I sold the Glock.

I have a 686 too, the 7-shot "plus" version, and in 4 inch, instead of your 6 inch barrel (I mainly keep it for home defense.) Nice trigger, 'di ba? The SA is orgasmic. With .38s, it's like shooting a .22.

In the New Year I will be shopping for a snubbie for my daughter. Cheers.

atmarcella
12-28-2005, 23:09
btw,
ante if you like heavy guns i once had the chance to handle an IMI desert eagle .357 magnum and booooy! was that gun heavy, in fact it was so heavy that w/ full power .357 magnum loads the recoil was equal to shooting a 9mm, you should try it out if they have it sa upcoming gunshow:)

cznayr
12-29-2005, 00:21
Originally posted by Allegra
eto treat for you rev shooters - fafa Jerry Miculek

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=4960982868811177155

parang nakafull auto.. considering na double action pa to...

antediluvianist
12-29-2005, 00:23
It is well-known that Miculek has six fingers.

hnard
12-29-2005, 02:57
S&W 686 4" Stainless 6 rounds
Glaser Safety Slugs
Hydroshoks
Gold dot

Taurus 617 2" Blue 7 rounds
HEAT Frangible

Putok-Glock
12-29-2005, 04:35
In the New Year I will be shopping for a snubbie for my daughter. Cheers.

Sir ante, why a revolver? I assume she's an enthusiast or a shooter too? If not, I doubt if she can appreciate it. Then if she can't, you might feel frustrated that your concerns are just taken for granted. This is a trap most of us fall into. Me thought I was knowledgeable about guns and pressumed that women and revolvers are a sensible mix. But its my experience that most women are not apt to handle (read: shoot competently)) the double action trigger of a revolver no matter how you enhance its trigger pull. More so w/ a snub nose. If, on the other hand, she opts to shoot in single action mode, this is extremely unsafe in high stress situations. If you plan to train her so she can safely operate it, I'll bet you will find it hard to get her interested due to the difficulties she endures everytime she tries to pull the trigger in double action. And she won't enjoy her range sessions because she cant hit her intended/sighted target. I equated this situation to us, enthusiasts. One of the primary reasons we persevere in this sport and stay long hours in the range is because we enjoy it by hitting our targets.

Bottom line: w/ a revolver, it's highly probable that she won't use it or even bother to carry it w/ her because she is not proud or confident to have it due to her inner knowledge that she is not competent w/ it.

Why not other types of handgun? Most of us thought the semi-auto pistols' operation is too complicated for women to grasp. But i tried it, and boy was I in for a surprise! W/ proper training, they can be as competent as you and me. And they enjoy using them.

w/ due respect sir, just my 1 centavo opinion.;)

antediluvianist
12-29-2005, 04:43
Thank you for your thoughts. Mainly it's the simplicity, reliability, and size factor of the handgun.

My daughter is 5 ft. 8 inches tall and rather athletic (has taken gymnastics, modern dance, and kick boxing) , so either a revolver or a pistol would be OK.

Hermo Gut
12-29-2005, 07:24
Hi Ante, I currently own a Taurus 827 (.38cal.4in.barrel,stainless w/ orig.wooden grips) and a very old .22magnum 9-shooter German made Rohm Soneihem(?)(4in.barrel).Used to own a .22magnum Arminius (2in.barrel)RG series which I sold years ago because of bulged barrel.
Still hoping to find a S&W 625 N-frame(.45cal.).;) :)

clmautz
12-29-2005, 08:08
Miculek is my hero!

If I fired my newly acquired Arminius .32 like that it'd probably blow up. Lol!

But, being a .32 S&W, it'd be more of a pop than a bang...

I'll reserve that kind of treatment for my Ruger Security Six 4"...

Thanks for the video, that made my day!

antediluvianist
12-29-2005, 08:32
Originally posted by Hermo Gut

Still hoping to find a S&W 625 N-frame(.45cal.).;) :)

Ah, so you will be going the moonclip route, Hermo (with an S&W 625 .45 rimless).

Actually, when I get some time , I will investigate having the 686+'s cylinder drilled by Ka Oca or somebody so that it can accept moonclips. That must be the fastest/smoothest way of reloading a revolver.

Happy New Year, Hermo!

Hermo Gut
12-29-2005, 09:18
Nice, just give us an update.
Happy Prosperous New Year din sa iyo Ante. :)

Hermo
NIADP
Cabatuan/Sta.Barbara, Iloilo

Django
12-29-2005, 18:25
What is meant by NIADP Hermo? Just curious. :)

antediluvianist
12-31-2005, 07:20
Have been researching the topic of "moonclips" on several gun forums.

There have been a number of statements to the effect that moonclips are very fast ways to load short, stubby rounds like the .45acp ( for instance into the S&W 625), but not so fast for long, thinner cartridges such as the .357 or .38Special, since they tend to wobble or go crooked.

On the other hand, having a .357/.38 revolver cylinder drilled for moonclips (chamferring and whatever else) does not do anything to prevent still using speedloaders or the manual insertion of rounds, so it can't do any harm. Will probably still do it.

Happy New Year, eveyone. Now let's see if the cops really do refrain from shooting into the air at midnight. I still think it's a good idea to bring all family members inside around that time. My sister-in-law has had rounds impact on her roof.

Hermo Gut
12-31-2005, 17:45
Hi Django, NIADP is currently my work place.
New Iloilo Airport Development Project.
Happy New Year!!!

antediluvianist
12-31-2005, 18:06
This Austrian revolver might be the biggest revolver being sold.
.600. At a certain point, one wonders why not just use a rifle or shotgun?
http://www.securityarms.com/20010315/galleryfiles/3000/3003.htm

antediluvianist
12-31-2005, 18:09
pls. ignore

atmarcella
01-01-2006, 03:42
Originally posted by Hermo Gut
Hi Django, NIADP is currently my work place.
New Iloilo Airport Development Project.
Happy New Year!!!

hi hermo,
nice to know the construction of the new airport has already started, the old airport is already very......old!;f

antediluvianist
01-01-2006, 03:54
Hermo, there will be a casino and other things put up in Poro Point- my company is involved - and for that the San Fernando airport will have to be upgraded to take jets (from Korea and China, which is where the gamblers will mainly come from). A runway long enough for a 737 is the goal, plus other improvements. Just FYI.

Yah, atmarcella, many of our airports are....mmmmmmmm

Django
01-01-2006, 04:53
Hi Hermo,

Sent you a PM but your box is full. Please check.:)

Putok-Glock
01-01-2006, 22:21

There have been a number of statements to the effect that moonclips are very fast ways to load short, stubby rounds ... or .38Special, since they tend to wobble or go crooked.

On the other hand, having a .357/.38 revolver cylinder drilled for moonclips (chamferring and whatever else) does not do anything to prevent still using speedloaders or the manual insertion of rounds, so it can't do any harm. Will probably still do it.

Actually, sir, it can and will cause your .357/.38 revolver to misfire if loaded w/o the moonclips.

darwin25
01-01-2006, 23:29

There have been a number of statements to the effect that moonclips are very fast ways to load short, stubby rounds like the .45acp ( for instance into the S&W 625), but not so fast for long, thinner cartridges such as the .357 or .38Special, since they tend to wobble or go crooked.

Happy New Year, eveyone. Now let's see if the cops really do refrain from shooting into the air at midnight. I still think it's a good idea to bring all family members inside around that time. My sister-in-law has had rounds impact on her roof.

try this site sir http://www.moonclips.com/ by TK Custom. I read in one gun magazine that TK Custom will send machining instructions for your gun's cylinder for every purchase of their moonclips. I just dont know if they're true but I think they're worth checking out. You can send them an e-mail for verification. I like their moonclip for the Taurus 8-shot revolver. :)

antediluvianist
01-02-2006, 01:01
Originally posted by Putok-Glock
Actually, sir, it can and will cause your .357/.38 revolver to misfire if loaded w/o the moonclips.

Hmmm... that would be bad.

Other forums, and the ads from companies that do cylinder drilling for moonclips, say there will be no effect. Have you seen this (misfires when cylinder loaded w/o moonclips ) happen, Putok-Glock?

Is it because the firing pin has difficulty reaching the primers, which presumably are a bit farther away after the drilling? Or why should this happen? The local gunsmiths are not good at doing the drilling?

I would not like to ruin my gun. Putok-Glock, and anybody else, can you elaborate?

Vault Keeper
01-02-2006, 01:09
S & W Model 64 SS (.38 spl)in 2" barrel...the sweetest shot I fired so far

antediluvianist
01-02-2006, 01:15
Model 64 - is that the stainless steel version of the Model 10? I have heard it's a great shooter. I have not bought a Model 10 as the ones they have here are mainly Hong Kong Police Force surplus, and anyway I like stainless steel - the Model 64 or the somewhat bigger Model 66 would be great. Enjoy your gun!

Putok-Glock
01-02-2006, 02:04
Hmmm... that would be bad.

Is it because the firing pin has difficulty reaching the primers, which presumably are a bit farther away after the drilling? Or why should this happen? The local gunsmiths are not good at doing the drilling?

I would not like to ruin my gun. Putok-Glock, and anybody else, can you elaborate?

You are right. When loaded w/o moonclips the shellhead is a bit farther away from the boltface (headspace is too much) causing a lighter firing pin strike. But w/ moonclips they are ok. I havent seen this on my .357's and .38's but I've read a lot of this problem that's why I didnt try this set-up. Similarly, Ive tried this on a friend's 625. Loaded it w/ .45ACP w/o a moonclip and the gun misfired most of the time. In this case, while the headspace is correct, there is nothing to hold the casehead in place when the f.pin strikes hence it moves, resulting to a misfire.

While on this topic, S&W revs in moonclip are not reliable when installed w/ Wolff reduced power mainsprings even if loaded w/ moonclips on them. This is the replacement spring I installed on most of my revs to lighten and smoothen the double action trigger pull. On non-moonclipped revs such as those chambered in rimmed ctges (.44, .38, .357, etc) this wolff spring works great. My analysis is that when the shells are supported by the moonclips and then striken by a reduced-powered f. pin, the whole bullet moves a bit forward because the moonclip is not integral to the cylinder and its made of spring material hence not rigid, in turn will further reduce the impact of already-reduced f.pin strike. To be reliable, it needs a more powerfull mainspring like the stock one. This is similar to a bullet w/ a primer not fully seated. When the f.pin strikes, the primer moves a bit forward, negating the impact of the f.pin hence a misfire.

Vault Keeper
01-02-2006, 02:14
Model 64 - is that the stainless steel version of the Model 10? I have heard it's a great shooter. I have not bought a Model 10 as the ones they have here are mainly Hong Kong Police Force surplus, and anyway I like stainless steel - the Model 64 or the somewhat bigger Model 66 would be great. Enjoy your gun!

I'm not sure actually, stock grip is a Hogue Rubber Grip. Rather bulky for concealed carry...still prefer the G26 w/ flat base pad...Happy new year sir!

antediluvianist
01-02-2006, 02:19
Thanks, Putok-Glock. Most detailed. Got it.

darwin25
01-02-2006, 03:06
Originally posted by Putok-Glock
You are right. When loaded w/o moonclips the shellhead is a bit farther away from the boltface (headspace is too much) causing a lighter firing pin strike. But w/ moonclips they are ok. I havent seen this on my .357's and .38's but I've read a lot of this problem that's why I didnt try this set-up. Similarly, Ive tried this on a friend's 625. Loaded it w/ .45ACP w/o a moonclip and the gun misfired most of the time. In this case, while the headspace is correct, there is nothing to hold the casehead in place when the f.pin strikes hence it moves, resulting to a misfire.

While on this topic, S&W revs in moonclip are not reliable when installed w/ Wolff reduced power mainsprings even if loaded w/ moonclips on them. This is the replacement spring I installed on most of my revs to lighten and smoothen the double action trigger pull. On non-moonclipped revs such as those chambered in rimmed ctges (.44, .38, .357, etc) this wolff spring works great. My analysis is that when the shells are supported by the moonclips and then striken by a reduced-powered f. pin, the whole bullet moves a bit forward because the moonclip is not integral to the cylinder and its made of spring material hence not rigid, in turn will further reduce the impact of already-reduced f.pin strike. To be reliable, it needs a more powerfull mainspring like the stock one. This is similar to a bullet w/ a primer not fully seated. When the f.pin strikes, the primer moves a bit forward, negating the impact of the f.pin hence a misfire.

I think TK Custom got around that problem. I'll try to post tomorrow that article that I read about it

Putok-Glock
01-02-2006, 03:54

You are correct about the M64 as the stainless version of model 10. And I still have to encounter a S&W that dont shoot straight. Even my old 2-3" revs that precedes the model numbering-era, they are very accurate.

cznayr
01-02-2006, 22:47
Originally posted by atmarcella
hi hermo,
nice to know the construction of the new airport has already started, the old airport is already very......old!;f

Has it? Last time I was with DOTC there is a certain Iloilo politician who is very much interested in the project. Kaya hinde matuloy tuloy. Kahit matagal na natapos ng JAC ang feasibility study at design at kung ano pa, hinde umusad usad. Used to be with the Selected Airportd Development Project (Bacolod and Tacloban).

Vault Keeper
01-03-2006, 08:41
Help anyone....

A good friend has a revolver with the ff marks, can anyone give a background on this baby? It's a Detective Model .22LR

HY Hunter Inc.
Firearm Mfg. Co.
Hollywood Calif
Mfg in West Germany

Thanks guys...:)

ogiebb
01-03-2006, 21:42
my one and only revolver SW 625 45 acp..

bulbboy
01-11-2006, 10:10
The Hermann Weihrauch airgun company, a very respected quality airgun company going back to the 19th century, decided - in the 1950s - to manufacture a line of very cheap handguns. They sold them under the brand "Arminius", who is a famous German warrior-leader who fought the Romans 2,000 years ago.

The guns were really lousy and have tarnished the image of Weihrauch. I believe "Arminius" guns are still made, and they are said to be much better now, but the historical association with cheap, lousy handguns is permanent.

Mine functioned acceptably. Here's a quote from a handgun forum : "Arminius .22 revolvers from the 1950s are as cheap as firearms get without being downright dangerous." I don't know - it didn't seem dangerous to me - no lead-spitting, and the timing was OK. At the time I just wanted a low-recoil, high-capacity, loud (to scare people) revolver for my wife, and the Arminius worked for that.

So there are two guys in this thread who have owned Arminius handguns. Anybody else?

I recently was given an Arminius .38 special. Defenitely not aluminum, very heavy. Seems decent haven't shot it yet. Now, I'm a little scared too!!!

clmautz
01-11-2006, 11:15
I think the alloy is zamak, a zinc-based alloy. My 2.75" HW3 is heavy, for being alloy. Steel barrel and cylinder.

Your .38 is larger than my .32, plus you have the later cylinder release button. My snubby releases the cylinder by pulling forward on the ejector, then back to eject shells.

My gun is a '66, as evidenced by the Shield symbol and 66 stamped inside. Does your have a stamp?

Chip

ist45
01-14-2006, 18:17
Hi, this is my first post.

I have an SW625 with 5" barrel. Bought it from Twin Pines. Let me warn you, nobody sells the moon clips. Had to request a friend in the US to buy some for me.

ist45
01-14-2006, 18:27
Originally posted by ogiebb
my one and only revolver SW 625 45 acp..

ogiebb,

where do you buy your moon clips? what's your holster? I was able to buy a holster from JR Speed.

antediluvianist
01-15-2006, 02:25
Do you find the recoil on the 625 to be as light as some say it is?

My 686 Plus (4inch barrel) is like a .22lr if firing .38 Specials. .357s, however, are never soft-recoiling ; those who fire .357s out of snubbies - pretty harsh.

ist45
01-15-2006, 05:51
antediluvianist,

shooting major power factor, the recoil impulse is probably just like that of a .45 pistol; for me, it just feels different. its kind of slow and with much less flip and stronger push. but when i shoot minor (about 130 power factor) its very light and almost without any flip at all.

the big difference with the 686 i think is the trigger reach as the N frame is bigger than the L framed 686. Also, the 686 trigger pull can be lightened without much problem with the small primer on the .38/.357 cartridge. With the 625, lightening the trigger pull is very criticial on the large primers and usually causes misfires.

pit senyor from cebu! ;c

ogiebb
01-15-2006, 21:49
Originally posted by ist45
ogiebb,

where do you buy your moon clips? what's your holster? I was able to buy a holster from JR Speed.

i got it from brownells.. also bought a few from Jerry Miculek 2 years ago in the nationals..i use a CR speed holster