Firefox-opening PDF links [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Firefox-opening PDF links

hapuna
12-27-2005, 12:19
OK I'm sure I'm missing something but for some reason I am unable to open links to PDFs. Firefox usually opens a window and it says done but the PDF never comes up. What am I doing wrong or what else do I need????:)

Washington,D.C.
12-27-2005, 12:26
Yes,that's a common problem with AAR 6 and 7.There is a workaround.I'm trying to remember what it is.

Washington,D.C.
12-27-2005, 12:30
I think this is it

Disable "view in browser" feature

Try disabling the "View In Browser" or "Web Browser Integration" feature in your Adobe Acrobat viewer (for plug-in and standard version). Doing this will force your Acrobat viewer to display PDF outside your browser in a separate window. In most cases this will fix your problem. Shown below is how to disable "Web Browser Integration".

Tech Note: Windows User - Deselecting the "Display in Browser" feature will allow you to open PDF's outside the browser in Netscape, FireFox, Mozilla, and Opera to name a few, but may not work for some users using Microsoft Internet Explorer (MSIE).

Some IE users have tried to deselect the "Display in Browser" feature and when they tried to open a PDF using MSIE, a second window would open and only show a blank white screen with a small image (image has a white background and includes a little red square, green circle and blue triangle inside it) in the top left corner and nothing else happens. This is because MSIE uses the Acrobat Control for ActiveX to to display PDF documents. Netscape and other compatible browsers use the nppdf32.dll in the plug-in folder to display PDF documents. If this happens when you only deselect the Display in Browser" feature, try deselecting ALL four web broswer options and close both your IE browser and Acrobat Reader. Now see if this works...

You can also try upgrading to the latest version of Acrobat Read

pesticidal
12-27-2005, 12:31
https://addons.mozilla.org/extensions/moreinfo.php?id=636&application=firefox

hapuna
12-27-2005, 13:00
WA DC,
As usual your info is on the mark. Thanks :cool: