Trouble accessing ar15armory.com [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Trouble accessing ar15armory.com

Gmountain
12-27-2005, 19:34
Weird huh? I can't access it from home. I get it at work okay. Any ideas why that may be? I use the same computer at home and at work.

The-Fly
12-27-2005, 19:38
routing problem between your home isp and the website in question.

Gmountain
12-27-2005, 19:45
Originally posted by The-Fly
routing problem between your home isp and the website in question.

Thanks. Is it something I can fix somehow, or does Earthlink need to loose the troops from the Punjab?

thorium
12-28-2005, 01:34
It might not be a routing problem, but if it is this will help diagnose it. I think it might be a DNS (domain name server) issue.

Try the following, and copy and paste the output to a new message.

1) Start | Run | type in "cmd" | Enter (if a black window doesnt come up try "command" instead)
2) type in "tracert www.ar15armory.com"

This traces the route your computer takes hop by hop through the internet to get to the destination from your computer.

DJ Niner
12-28-2005, 03:53
;h

To Tech Talk (best place for this kind of stuff).

Gmountain
12-28-2005, 05:51
Originally posted by thorium
It might not be a routing problem, but if it is this will help diagnose it. I think it might be a DNS (domain name server) issue.

Try the following, and copy and paste the output to a new message.

1) Start | Run | type in "cmd" | Enter (if a black window doesnt come up try "command" instead)
2) type in "tracert www.ar15armory.com"

This traces the route your computer takes hop by hop through the internet to get to the destination from your computer.

Interesting. I saw where it got hung up, 9 hops down the road. What can I do about it, or is that a problem somewhere else that someone else has to fix?

thorium
12-28-2005, 10:18
I would contact your ISP and send them those trace results and explain you can never access it at home and its fine at work. Its not something you can fix if its a routing problem in between you and the host.