quality of shooters slide and frame [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : quality of shooters slide and frame

mtho
12-28-2005, 08:12
any body here know anything about the quality of shooters slide and frame?they say that the slides are forged steel and frame is cast. looks good and they have long dust cover for the single stack and hicap frames. anybody have any good or bad experince with their products?

paltik45
12-28-2005, 18:01
Sir why dont you consider a USGI 779 slide or an ARMSCOR slide if you are on a budget. But if the moon is on your sign you might find a Norinco or an IMBEL slide and this is a truely forged slide. I dont know if SAM already got their ISO9002 approval if not I will take their durability with a grain of salt. I had some pretty bad experiences with their services and parts. I am pertaining on their barrels and frame( Except for their Bul-M5 line). I am saying this based on my experience when I was in the Phillipines way back in 1997. You might get some feedback from the Philippine base BOGS and I've seen several post regarding the SAM products in this forum.:)

isuzu
12-28-2005, 20:20
Barrel lugs sheared on the early products. But on later production runs, their products have improved a lot. Great service when Rhone de Leon takes care of you.

Hermo Gut
12-29-2005, 08:46
Hi Mtho, punta ka rito :

http://forums.1911forum.com/showthread.php?t=82779

Comparison/discussion ito between RIA and SAM from our very own Horge, Kerwin and Hitman Joe (and others). Enjoy.;)