1911 without a name [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : 1911 without a name

maomanila
12-28-2005, 18:17
Hi guys!

Need your advice please.

Someone is selling me a standard 1911 45 cal for P50,000.

It is brand new. It looks very nice, the slide is blued, the frame is matte black. Ibang klase yung mga sights, yung front meron luminous dark orange (is this the optic something?). Naka pachmyr yung grips.

We tested it at the range, and it was quite impressive! At 7 meters, 3 inches ang grouping ko with 10 rounds (extended mccormick yung mag). Smooth and light yung trgger pull. More importantly, walang jam thru a box of armscor fmj.

Pero it is not branded. Walang tatak yung slide, as in blank talaga on both sides.

What is this? Is this locally made? Is this a good buy? Please advise.

Maraming salamat sa payo.

Gumagalang,
Mao.

PS. Manigong bagong taon sa lahat ng pistoleros!

bokbok_05
12-28-2005, 18:20
is it licensed? if it is licensed, check the "make" of the pistol on the license card.

maomanila
12-28-2005, 18:28
not licensed. the seller is a government guy, nahiya akong tanungin the details of the gun. all he tells me is that he had it assembled and he doesnt know the details.

isuzu
12-28-2005, 18:44
Buyer Beware!

Here's a scenario. A person sells you two pairs of jeans. One is branded, the other is not. Even if the branded pair of jeans is just a Jag or Freego, I'll buy it over the non-branded pair of jeans.

For P50,000, you could buy a Norinco or an Armscor, and still have money to "dress it up."

Just my two cents.;)

Django
12-28-2005, 19:04
Originally posted by isuzu
Buyer Beware!

Here's a scenario. A person sells you two pairs of jeans. One is branded, the other is not. Even if the branded pair of jeans is just a Jag or Freego, I'll buy it over the non-branded pair of jeans.

For P50,000, you could buy a Norinco or an Armscor, and still have money to "dress it up."

Just my two cents.;)

Very true. For an unbranded gun, the price is quite stiff. A Norc SS sells for around P15 thou only. Ditto for the Armscor.

Wait for the gun show. For P50 thou you could get very good guns in the 1911 platforms.

isuzu
12-28-2005, 20:01
Originally posted by maomanila
not licensed. the seller is a government guy, nahiya akong tanungin the details of the gun. all he tells me is that he had it assembled and he doesnt know the details.

Ooops! Could be an issue gun that was defaced. As I mentioned in my previous reply, P50,000 could get you a Norinco or an Armscor and still lots of extra money to "dress up" your 1911.

Another thing that you should be wary about this guy is that he said that "he had it assembled, and he doesn't know the details." Aww, come on. He should tell his story to someone else.

Eye Cutter
12-28-2005, 20:29
This is my .45 caliber Imperial Defence 1911A1 Ranger. I just used the frame.

Sold the complete upper and stock frame parts to horge for 3500 pesos mid last year.

I changed the upper assembly with an STI Slide, Schuemann barrel, bomar rear and fiber optic front sights. Majority of the internals are Ed Brown, Wilson, McCormick and STI parts. Finished in Black chrome.

Total cost of this custom project pistol did not cost me an arm and a leg in 2004.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v341/aagustin11563/100_1219.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v341/aagustin11563/100_1225.jpg

paltik45
12-28-2005, 22:44
I agree with the BOGs, Just get a Rinco,RIA or an ARMSCOR if you are in a hurry and on a budget. Then gradualy upgrade the "vital" parts of the gun as it wears out. If not just get the parts that you want and have a competent smith fix it for ya. In the long run the last option will save ya a lot of bling:) . You also said the item is unmarked naku ala eh baka "hot item". Ingat baka ma paso ka kabayan.

Alexii
12-29-2005, 01:50
I agree with all the advice before me. For 50k, you can have the same pistol customized to your own liking, down to the last detail. Get a Nork and have all the slide markings removed if you prefer a blank slide.

Malabo yata yung sya nagpa-assemble tapos di nya alam. This fact alone raises a red flag in my book.

akula
12-29-2005, 01:59
Originally posted by Eye Cutter
This is my .45 caliber Imperial Defence 1911A1 Ranger. I just used the frame.

Sold the complete upper and stock frame parts to horge for 3500 pesos mid last year.

I changed the upper assembly with an STI Slide, Schuemann barrel, bomar rear and fiber optic front sights. Majority of the internals are Ed Brown, Wilson, McCormick and STI parts. Finished in Black chrome.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v341/aagustin11563/100_1219.jpg

Nice gun, Doc!

+1 on the BOGs' advice ...too fishy ...P50K is too high for an "unbranded" gun. I think with P50K, you can already get a well-dressed 1911 about a couple of years ago. Custom upper parts used to cost about P30-35.

antediluvianist
12-29-2005, 10:50
Does it even have a serial number?

PMMA97
12-29-2005, 17:12

If I were you I would stay away. Delikado na. Mahal pa.

Eye Cutter
12-29-2005, 17:56
instead of buying a single stack .45 go get a hi-cap .40 cal pistol like a Para Ordnance, STI, SVI or SPS.

isuzu
12-29-2005, 18:31
Originally posted by Alexii
I agree with all the advice before me. For 50k, you can have the same pistol customized to your own liking, down to the last detail. Get a Nork and have all the slide markings removed if you prefer a blank slide.

Malabo yata yung sya nagpa-assemble tapos di nya alam. This fact alone raises a red flag in my book.

I would stay away from getting the markings removed from the slide. I thinks it's against FED rules. Fellow BOGs, any insights on this?

Eye Cutter
12-29-2005, 18:35
that's not a problem. as long as the Serial Number is intact and legible

isuzu
12-29-2005, 19:30
Originally posted by Eye Cutter
that's not a problem. as long as the Serial Number is intact and legible

Correct me if I'm wrong. Do dealers submit a stencil of your gun including the manufacturers' stamps/logo and serial number to the FED? Would this affect your license if you alter these features on the gun?

Eye Cutter
12-29-2005, 19:58
that's a good point. they probably submit a stencil of the manufacturer's proofs and other markings as well.

but the procedure i saw during the re-registration of loose FA's during this year's amnesty, they only get a stencil copy of the SN, like when you register your car at LTO. the manufacturer and all other markings are not included. its just typed/written down in the application form.

going back to the thread topic, mao, that is at best a questionable unit and consider getting a brand new pistol instead. for 50k or a little more, you'll have a very nice 1911 pistol to your specs

MELBU
12-29-2005, 21:19
hey mao, thats very expensive. I got a para ord stainless p14-45
for P45k only last year, branded pa. I suggest you wait for a better
gun to come by, madami dyan.

paltik45
12-30-2005, 00:29
That gun seems to be the most expensive PALTIK.45:) Ingat lang kabayan nagkalat ang mga paltik na Quarenta y singko ngayon and can easily deceive the untrained eye. Minsan under/oversize ang mga pin holes and worst part of it duling ang mga butas.;g

vega
12-30-2005, 01:30
Originally posted by isuzu
Correct me if I'm wrong. Do dealers submit a stencil of your gun including the manufacturers' stamps/logo and serial number to the FED? Would this affect your license if you alter these features on the gun?
Out of topic button -
I used to have Armscor in 9mm minus the Armscor stamp because I had it removed when I bought it. I was able to sell and tranfer it without any problem from FED.

Back to topic button.

vega

toxic
12-31-2005, 06:26
I dont get it , kung sino pa mga taga gobyerno yun pa mahilig sa illegal, yung Taurus ko binibili ng taga gobyerno din. He was asking me to have the deed of sale ready, i told him to get all the local clearances ready + go to FED and aquire the licence transfer application. " he said di ko naman papalicensyahan back up gun lang daw nya. Back up gun?...Nag Backed out ako :steamed:
Bile ka na lang Sir sa Legit na Store sa Gunshow mas mura pa at may papel.

isuzu
12-31-2005, 10:24
Originally posted by toxic
I dont get it , kung sino pa mga taga gobyerno yun pa mahilig sa illegal, yung Taurus ko binibili ng taga gobyerno din. He was asking me to have the deed of sale ready, i told him to get all the local clearances ready + go to FED and aquire the licence transfer application. " he said di ko naman papalicensyahan back up gun lang daw nya. Back up gun?...Nag Backed out ako :steamed:
Bile ka na lang Sir sa Legit na Store sa Gunshow mas mura pa at may papel.

Good thing you backed out. What if the guy who bought your gun shot somebody? The PNP FED will then dig into the records. What would show is that the last person to own it was you because the guy did not transfer the ownership into his name.

Good judgement!

theTactician
12-31-2005, 20:20
I hate to say this man, but i believe that 1911 was custom made from "Danao". Those dudes who create them somewhere in cebu can really duplicate the colt government model very well. i was almost fooled by someone into buying one, several years ago but i was lucky enough that some of my friends examined the gun and told me what it really was. lo and behold! made in danao.

maomanila
01-01-2006, 17:12
Many thanks for the advices guys. I really appreciate your "beware" alerts. Its good to have a community like BOGS. Nice people sharing their insights; saves us from a lot of trouble.

I'll back out from this deal, what with the high price and all the possible perils in acquiring this particular 1911. Though sayang talaga. I kinda like it very much.

HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL!!!

isuzu
01-01-2006, 17:28
When I was still there, Danao .45s sold between P6,000-P9,000, depending on the quality of the pistol.

theTactician
01-01-2006, 18:53
Many thanks for the advices guys. I really appreciate your "beware" alerts. Its good to have a community like BOGS. Nice people sharing their insights; saves us from a lot of trouble.

I'll back out from this deal, what with the high price and all the possible perils in acquiring this particular 1911. Though sayang talaga. I kinda like it very much.

HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL!!!

you're very much welcome sir. my suggestion is if you've got 50k bucks, buy a brand new handgun from your local gunstores to assure quality and you also get warranty pa. If you like 1911's, I hear norinco's and armscor's are good. but, if you have additional cash, get a para-ordnance. and if you have a lot of money get a Kimber. that way, you wont have regrets. cheers!