What's the deal with autocomplete of fields? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : What's the deal with autocomplete of fields?

NRA_guy
12-29-2005, 06:54
I have been wondering what the deal is with this:

I run Win 2000 at home and Win XP pro at work and Win XP Home Edition on another PC.

All run Internet Explorer.

When I get to the GlockTalk login screen different things happen on different PCs:

At home (Win 2000), I can double click the password field and it populates the ID and password. When I go to the search page and wish to search on my ID name, I have to type in all the letters. No populating.

At the other PC (running XP Home Edition), it offers a list of IDs to choose from but I have to type in the password. Then the search on ID field offers me my comlpete ID when I type the first letter.

I can't remember what happens at work, but as I recall it's behavior is different from the others.

(I know there is a "Keep me logged in" option in GlockTalk. I have not opted for keeping me logged in.

I have "Use inline autocomplete" checked in Internet Explorer Tools.

Just wondering . . .

RCReecer
01-01-2006, 17:12
Are you using the same version of IE on both machines?

NRA_guy
01-01-2006, 18:17
Probably not and that's probably the difference. (It's got to be either the IE differece or the difference in Windows 2000 vs XP.)

I'm using IE 6.0 at home, but can't check the other PCs right now.

Seems like Microsoft changes obscure things with every new version, and they don't bother telling us about the "improvements".

Every time I get a new version of Microsoft software, I spend days trying to make the new version look and act like the old version that I had become familiar with---or simply finding things that I used to be able to find in the previous version.

Thanks.