HTML form help [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : HTML form help

harlenm
12-29-2005, 09:08
I need a simple form for a website. Basically a "contact us" withe areas to do name, email, a few radio buttons or check boxes, etc.

Anyway, I'm having trouble finding help. Right now the form uses email and gives off a message that the form will be sent using an email, and the opens your email program to send it.

I don't want that, I want it to be after you hit submit you are brought to a thank you page and the information is sent to me without opening up email.

Can anyone help me do this.

Thanks.

VXShooter
12-29-2005, 20:05
I'm pretty sure you can create the form in word and save it as an html file. Forms are even easier if you have Frontpage. You can right click on the boxes when you're designing the pages, go to properties, and tell it exactly where you want the information saved.

** disregard the brilliant idea with Word, stick to Frotnpage or a free HTML editor like Nvu.

Toyman
12-30-2005, 06:27
You'll need a script that will take the information from the form and send it via the servers sendmail program. Which script would depend on what OS your server is running.

harlenm
12-30-2005, 10:06
Originally posted by Toyman
You'll need a script that will take the information from the form and send it via the servers sendmail program. Which script would depend on what OS your server is running.

I actually got a script from Tripod that works, but I'm just having difficulty formatting it to send me the proper info in the right order.

I'm very close though, thanks.

Nyper
01-03-2006, 09:55
This is very possible & not hard to do. I'll be happy to help you out. Do you have CGI/PERL or ASP ability?

FormMail is one of the most popular scripts for this & not too hard to configure.

harlenm
01-03-2006, 10:02
Originally posted by Nyper
This is very possible & not hard to do. I'll be happy to help you out. Do you have CGI/PERL or ASP ability?

FormMail is one of the most popular scripts for this & not too hard to configure.

Thanks, but I got it to work.

Nyper
01-03-2006, 11:25
Cool. You get it formatted to send the info in the right order?

harlenm
01-03-2006, 11:29
Yeah it works perfectly, if you'd like to see, I'll pm you the website.

Nyper
01-03-2006, 13:01
sure, shoot it to me. :)