just wondering about this forums description... isnt it: Filipino and NOT Filippino? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : just wondering about this forums description... isnt it: Filipino and NOT Filippino?

haywood
12-29-2005, 13:56
just wondering cus i have never seen it spelled that way.

boholglock
12-29-2005, 14:33
Yes, it should be spelled FILIPINO. Hope we can rectify that typographic error. More Power Band of Glockers!

haywood
12-29-2005, 14:48
yeah i thought it looked funny when i read the description.

makes me wonder how long the did the Filipinos on this board let it go un-noticed?

PMMA97
12-29-2005, 15:57
It has never gone un-noticed. Numerous threads and PMs to the Admin has been attributed to this issue but it seems that Eric is very busy and I for one don't take it as an offense. Beggars can't be choosers I guess. :)

haywood
12-29-2005, 18:29
never said it was intentional or offensive. i just asked the question bcus it is my first time noticing it, being new to the forum.

also, i did not say "why" did it take this long for anyone to notice.... i just asked how long was it "before" it was noticed. was not meaning "let-go" as in "how long did you all let them offend you?"

no assumptions here. i just noticed it and didnt see any posts about it (not that i searched every single post). just an inquiry.

kristiansen
12-29-2005, 19:19
[QUOTE]Originally posted by haywood
[B]never said it was intentional or offensive. i just asked the question bcus it is my first time noticing it, being new to the forum.

No problem haywood!Welcome to the BOG! and a Happy New Year to you!!;c

horge
12-30-2005, 03:17
IIRC, that Band of Glockers blurb originally had it "Philippino",
a logical (English-language) assumption for the unfamiliar.
After several requests for correction to "Filipino" were made...

we-elll, we'll get there one day.

:)

haywood
12-30-2005, 13:36
thx for the response fellas and for the welcome, kristian.

happy new year.