Amplitude Modulation [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Amplitude Modulation

MAGAZAGU
12-31-2005, 22:49
Anyone out there interested in ham band AM activity? Especially seeking Houston area VHF AMers.

Please, no lectures on band width etc. The VHF bands are virtually vacant here and AM audio sounds so good.

Happy New Year all, Jim WA9BYR (ex-WB5MHA)

R. Emmelman
01-01-2006, 06:18
It would be a little hard to get to you from Indy on VHF :) I have run across some AMers on HF though. Seems to be a group on 20M and 75M. Back a few years I did some on 10M just for fun.

73 de WI9NDY

martho
01-01-2006, 15:37
AM is very active on 7290 and 3885 on a daily basis.

Indy to TX is not that much of a stretch on 2m SSB/CW. AM, is a totally different story.

There are AM nets in northern Illinois on 50.400 and on 2m somewhere.

What are you running for 2m AM? I had a lunchbox for awhile, but never did anything with it and ended up selling it.

MAGAZAGU
01-01-2006, 16:52
Originally posted by martho
AM is very active on 7290 and 3885 on a daily basis.

Indy to TX is not that much of a stretch on 2m SSB/CW. AM, is a totally different story.

There are AM nets in northern Illinois on 50.400 and on 2m somewhere.

What are you running for 2m AM? I had a lunchbox for awhile, but never did anything with it and ended up selling it.

I can run my "lunchbox" on 2 and have a Gonset Communicator IV for the same band in the first stage of rehabilitation.

My ft897D works AM but it hardly qualifies as an antique.

When I was a kid in the early 60's my lunchbox would get me from my Chicago suburb QTH out many hundreds of miles. As I recall I worked about 6 or 8 states using the HW30 to a small beam up 15 feet or so.

Tnx for the freq. given for AM. I'll note them on my antenna tuner log. Hope to see you there. 73, Jim

uhlawpup
01-04-2006, 14:16
OK...if you're THAT desperate, bring the Gonset over. I have a 1/4 wave on the roof of my townhouse, and we should be able to talk across town.

Why the heck did you change your call?