Move Email to New Machine....How Do I Do It?? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Move Email to New Machine....How Do I Do It??

Nalapombu
01-06-2006, 07:12
Hey all,

I have something that a friend of mine has asked me to help her with. She just got a new computer and has hooked it up to her cable modem. She also has unhooked her old system and put it away. Now she realizes that there was an email message on that old machine that she needed. She wants me to get it back for her. I have no idea how to do it.
Can anyone tell me how to retrieve a single email message in Outlook Express, save it and then move it to another computer? There has to be a way to do it, I just don't know how.
Any ideas or advice will be appreciated.
Thanks

Nala

Furant
01-06-2006, 09:59
I would think you could just plug that old machine in, boot it up, launch Outlook Express, find that e-mail and save it as an HTML or MSG file. Save it to a floppy or jump drive and then load it onto the new computer.

Joey

BTW, while you're doing that, uninstall Outlook Express from her new machine and install Thunderbird.;)

nognig
01-06-2006, 10:53
Select the email, go to the "file" menu and click on "Save as". Save it with a ".msg" extension.

Copy the file to the new computer, double click on it and should open in Outlook.

NN