F.E.A.R. from Sierra [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : F.E.A.R. from Sierra

nanookalexkaye
01-06-2006, 10:10
I bought FEAR for Xmas. It takes a super computer to run it but what a great shooter! Counter Strike was my favorite until now. The only thing I do not like is the weapons are not realistic. This is not a game to play alone in a dark room at night...just a little bit too creepy.

funbob
01-06-2006, 10:43
FEAR is an awesome game. Most of the weapons are not real but they're all extremely satisfying to shoot. I'm playing it through a second time right now and I still get goose bumps. Playing it in a dark room late at night with a good surround system or headphones is the way to do it. ;f

nanookalexkaye
01-06-2006, 10:48
Originally posted by funbob
FEAR is an awesome game. Most of the weapons are not real but they're all extremely satisfying to shoot. I'm playing it through a second time right now and I still get goose bumps. Playing it in a dark room late at night with a good surround system or headphones is the way to do it. ;f

I have only had it a few days and really enjoy the way the bullets impact the target. Only made it to the point where they have me looking for some woman who was kidnapped. Have you tried any of the cheats? (I know, cheats are bad)

funbob
01-06-2006, 14:02
I make it a rule not to use cheats on the first playthrough but I've used cheats the second time around. All the weapons with unlimited ammo and maxed out reflexes is kinda fun.

http://www.cheatcc.com/pc/fear_first_encounter_assault_recon.html

BTW, the ending is great and just screams sequel and this game has one of the coolest enemies I've ever seen in any game. They don't appear very often and only towards the end of the game but you'll know them when you see them.

Also, check out the hilarious P.A.N.I.C.S mini movies created inside FEAR, they're hilarious.

http://www.fearfans.com/articles/

epsylum
01-06-2006, 19:31
That game looked sweet in the commercials. Too bad my PC won't run it. :(

Who needs real guns? The best guns in many FPSs are fake ones (Flak Cannon and Shredder on Unreal Tourny ;)).

Oh well, back to AA for me.