So What is Your Favorite Video Game? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : So What is Your Favorite Video Game?

mossy500camo
01-09-2006, 00:35
Past, present? I sorta like Sports and Stragy games.

G8TR FAN
01-09-2006, 01:19
I like shooters,,,probably HALO1 cause of the power of the magnum, but HALO2 is a close second. Go Gators.....

fastvfr
01-10-2006, 00:06
Oh, man! Now THERE'S a loaded question! That's like asking what my favorite song is...

Thing is, it depends. On mood, genre, style.

For FPS exploring-type games I really like the last two titles in the Grand Theft Auto series, Vice City and San Andreas.

For fun fragging, alone or on LAN, it's a three-way tie between Serious Sam: TSE, Unreal Tournament 2004 and Serious Sam II.

For RTS, nothing beats the old Fallout series.

And for playing army, it has to be Battlefield Vietnam.

Basically, whichever one I'm having the most fun with is my favorite. Sort of like it is with women...:cool:

funbob
01-10-2006, 00:21
The one game that has consumed more of my time over the last 15 years than any other has to be the Civilization series. Since it was first released in 1991 to the recently released Civ 4, this game has sucked away more of my time than almost any other pursuit over the years. It's so hard to pick a favorite game, but if I had to, Civ would probably be it.

Other games that have had a notable impression on me over the years are Commander Keen, Wolfenstein 3D, Doom, the old Sierra RPG's, particularly Hero's Quest, Duke Nukem 3D, Quake (the first game I ever played with hardware acceleration, it was a religious experience), X-Wing, the MS Flight Simulator series, which I started playing at version 4.0, and Starcraft are among the games most special to me.

bac1023
01-10-2006, 05:34
FPS, followed by driving games.

Tvov
01-11-2006, 10:34
Mostly fps. One of my favorite games ever is Battlezone, from 1998. It is a combination fps/rts.

Played Halo for PC for a year+, GREAT game (if you are into SciFi type games) except for the stupid flood. Great game, graphics, storyline, etc and they HAVE to throw in undead zombies...Why??

I am now addicted to Battlefield 2, played a lot of Battlefield 1942 and especially the Desert Combat mod.

Glacked79
01-11-2006, 11:12
All time favorite is Rogue Spear. Second to that would be Raven Shield.

Currently, I play more America's Army than anything else. My online unit competes on the TWL ladders. We also have BF2 and the SF expansion pack amongst some of us, but we're all slowing burning out on the game.

R6 4, Lockdown is coming out soon for PC. Ubisoft gave it back to Red Storm Entertainment instead of just porting it from console to PC, thank God. From the little information I've gleaned from people who've seen and played a working beta, looks like that one will be the one we transition to next.

mossy500camo
01-11-2006, 12:21
Originally posted by Glacked79
America's Army

This one looks interesting for my next purchase.:)

Glacked79
01-11-2006, 13:59
If you have a PC, just download it for free. The first week with it sucks since you have to go through all the training - basic markmanship, sniper, medic, SF, airborne, etc. Once you get through them, the online play is awsome. They're real good about listening to the community and fixing things in patches or newer versions. One of the best FPS I've ever played and is the mainstay of my online time these days.

I don't know much about the console version - maps look about the same. I have no idea about gameplay, however. One of our guys, against what everyone is telling him, is going to buy it and try it out. I just can't get into FPS with a controller - I need my WASD and my MX-518 mouse.

Keyhole
01-11-2006, 14:33
Played Counterstrike for years, long before it went commercial. Love it. Best ever was Diablo II. Also liked America's Army for a long time. Now playing Dungeon Siege II. Was heavy into Microsoft Flight Simulator for a long time. Red Alert of course. GTA Vice City.

epsylum
01-11-2006, 18:04
+1 on PC AA

I LOVE the Gran Turismo series. I can't even bring myself to try Forza. I feel like I am cheating on my first love. ;)

Street Fighter still rules. Me and my brother arer old school SF freaks and still play Alpha 3 on a regular basis.

RyanSBHF
01-11-2006, 20:55
My top 10 list:

10) Super Mario 64
9) Resident Evil Rebirth
8) Final Fantasy 8
7) DOOM
6) Castlevania: Symphony of the Night/Dawn of Sorrow
5) Final Fantasy 7
4) Metroid Prime
3) DOOM II
2) GTA3
1) Resident Evil 2

major
01-12-2006, 06:29
Pong..........the original video game.

I remember when it came out. A buddy and I would play it for hours. Can't imagine anyone nowdays playing it for more than 10 seconds.

Critias
01-12-2006, 07:10
Originally posted by major
Pong..........the original video game.

I remember when it came out. A buddy and I would play it for hours. Can't imagine anyone nowdays playing it for more than 10 seconds.

You'd be surprised. A buddy of mine got one of the "new" Atari systems (looks just like the old-school Atari, but instead of game cartridges it's got all the old games stored inside it) for Christmas -- four or five of us 25+ year olds sat around on the floor and passed controllers around, playing Pong, and Combat, and Centipede, for about three hours.

Good stuff. Gotta love the classics. Some of us gamers remember our roots. ;)

Tvov
01-12-2006, 07:33
We got our kids those joysticks with the games built in. A lot of fun! As my son said, it is kind of nice because the games are easy... you have a joystick and one button!!

Glacked79
01-12-2006, 12:55
If any of you with AA are ever online and looking for a good server, check us out:

IP: 66.55.158.146:1716 (to join: open console by hitting ~ and typing "open 66.55.158.146:1716" no quotes, of course)

We have a public Teamspeak server, as well.

www.16aa.com

I'm 2LT-Hollow, btw. Hop on for some good games - let the guys know you learned about it from me and you won't get booted to make room for members - our server is generally pretty busy during normal hours. We've got a lot of Europeans, so they are on during the daytime, and I'm on at night with us CONUS folks.

epsylum
01-12-2006, 19:22
If any of you with AA are ever online and looking for a good server, check us out:

IP: 66.55.158.146:1716 (to join: open console by hitting ~ and typing "open 66.55.158.146:1716" no quotes, of course)

We have a public Teamspeak server, as well.

www.16aa.com

I'm 2LT-Hollow, btw. Hop on for some good games - let the guys know you learned about it from me and you won't get booted to make room for members - our server is generally pretty busy during normal hours. We've got a lot of Europeans, so they are on during the daytime, and I'm on at night with us CONUS folks.

I might have to take you up on that. Teamspeak is the headset thingy right? I don't have that if so. I am also pipeline freak. What maps do you guys play? I have tried most, but come right back to pipeline (preferably assault team ;)).

Tvov
01-12-2006, 20:33
Originally posted by epsylum
Teamspeak is the headset thingy right? I don't have that if so.

Teamspeak is great. It is a simple program you download, and run while playing a game. It is not big, and as far as I can tell it doesn't affect gameplay at all (lag, etc). Just need a headset with mic, I have a basic RadioShack one, I think it was $19.99.

I believe the site is;

www.teamspeak.org

It is separate from any game, and many, if not most, clans use it.

Kevin108
01-12-2006, 21:22
Most favorite of all time is the original Doom.
Favorite currently played is Counter Strike Source.

Glacked79
01-14-2006, 22:52
Yeah, all you need is the most recent client DL from teamspeak.org. Any mic or headset will do. You can always DL it and use it without a mic, which some pubs do from time to time.

We generally keep the map set to something like pipe, urban assault, bridge, or extraction. We will, during the course of the day, change it to whichever map someone requests or to whatever map we're about to have a TWL match on.

If you gotto our website, on the main page, right hand side, there is a listing of what map our server is set to with a count of people on at that moment. I'm not too sure how often this refreshes, but it's been accurate every time I've looked at it.

Hit me up on xfire, too, if you want to know what we're playing.

xfire name - glacked (will show up 2LT-Hollow[16AA] once you I approve you.

www.16aa.com

10mm4ever4
01-14-2006, 22:58
right now i am really into GUN its so cool

G8TR FAN
01-15-2006, 00:04
JUst finished call of duty 2 on the 360,,,nice,,,,the online multiplayer is good also.

Altaris
01-17-2006, 19:55
Final Fantasy 3 (Super Nintendo)
Doom (original)
I think I got the most enjoyment out of the these 2 games.
Can never go wrong with 'Mario Kart' either.

For pure time spent it is hands down Everquest, but that is one game I regret ever touching....me with my 260 days play time on my character ;g ;g

Gary_P
01-18-2006, 15:22
DooM3, HL, HL2, Fear, ALL the Battlefields, Q,Q2, RTCW, the original Final Fantasy on NES.

Gary
aka Groundpounder

www.clan-WW.com
www.FOoM.net

RyanSBHF
01-19-2006, 20:46
Right now I'm playing Castlevania: Dawn of Sorrow.

the_shadow_lord
01-19-2006, 21:24
PONG !!! is there any othergame?

epsylum
01-25-2006, 18:05
Originally posted by the_shadow_lord
PONG !!! is there any othergame?

Ummm yes, and many are MUCH better.

;f

edited to add:

now that I think about it the Street Fighter series is like my Pong. My brother and get into it. There's a bit of smack talking, some cursing, even some controllers getting thrown at the wall. But it the end we have a blast.

Also,
If anyone is a puzzle game fan. Play Super Puzzle Fighter II Turbo. As far as head to head puzzle games go this blows even Tetris away. Seriously. It deeper than most people think. That game is an all time classic.

Apocalypse_Now
01-30-2006, 23:49
Star Wars multi Player gsmes

Tie Fighter

Earthsiege, Earthsiege 2 and Starsiege

Mechwarrior 3

G-nome

Lock316
02-04-2006, 13:16
I am not currently playing anything. Between work, school, buying a new home in SC, and selling our current home in Northern Virginia I don't have time.

My all time favorite is Shadowrun.

GroovedG19
02-08-2006, 01:25
I like the Classic fighting games.SF2, MK, Samurai Showdown, KOF, man there are so many.

Bullseye007
02-20-2006, 07:50
:bowdown: Halo

Bullseye007
02-20-2006, 07:53
Originally posted by epsylum
+1 on PC AA

I LOVE the Gran Turismo series. I can't even bring myself to try Forza. I feel like I am cheating on my first love. ;)

Street Fighter still rules. Me and my brother arer old school SF freaks and still play Alpha 3 on a regular basis.

Forza is a great game, you should buy it. Its like $20 bucks at Sams Club.

THEPOPE
02-24-2006, 20:25
Hey, guys, I am old,51, and I have played an incredible number of console and P.C. games.From the first, Pong, to the most recent first person shooters. I love em all. For the last 3 yrs, I have been into on-line multi-players,mostly WW 2 shooters ,Medal of Honor, Medal of Honor Spearhead, Medal of Honor Breakthrough,Enemy Territory,Battlefield 1,Battlefield Viet Nam, Call of Duty, Call of Duty United Offensive,Call of Duty 2.The best of these shooters of WW 2 is the Call of Duty series,specifically Call of Duty : U.O. and Call of Duty 2 which has AMAZING graphics and gameplay, but limited maps. You haven`t played until you go on-line and play against REAL people with their myriad of tactics.

AREN`T YA GLAD YOU ASKED? LOL

Imout :cool:

Tvov
02-24-2006, 21:52
Pope, have you tried the Desert Combat mod for Battlefield 1942? It great, especially since it is a free download!

THEPOPE
02-26-2006, 07:20
Have not tried desert combat yet, I will give it a try, soon. thnx.

imout and salute :cool:

Forensik
03-09-2006, 12:13
Originally posted by Critias
You'd be surprised. A buddy of mine got one of the "new" Atari systems (looks just like the old-school Atari, but instead of game cartridges it's got all the old games stored inside it) for Christmas -- four or five of us 25+ year olds sat around on the floor and passed controllers around, playing Pong, and Combat, and Centipede, for about three hours.

Good stuff. Gotta love the classics. Some of us gamers remember our roots. ;)

I hooked upo my atari 2600 a while back and my wife and I played for a while. She is much younger than I an d grewup on nintendo and genesis. She normally destroys me in most games, its really quite embarassing.

I totally kicked her ass in Moon Patrol, Chopper Command and River Raid.

Old Skool Rules

Victory
03-10-2006, 11:49
R6 4, Lockdown is coming out soon for PC. Ubisoft gave it back to Red Storm Entertainment instead of just porting it from console to PC, thank God. From the little information I've gleaned from people who've seen and played a working beta, looks like that one will be the one we transition to next.

It sucks, they destroyed it. Save your money.

R6 has been my favorite series of games for a while.

epsylum
03-14-2006, 19:45
Originally posted by Tvov
Pope, have you tried the Desert Combat mod for Battlefield 1942? It great, especially since it is a free download!

+1

Very fun.

Forensik
03-15-2006, 06:02
I just got 'Black' and aside from the annoyingly long load time at the startup and the ak-47 ejecting shells from the wrong side, that game rules.

The gameplay is possibly the best FPS I have ever played.

Truely awsome, and must have for any game fan or gun nut!!!!

Walter45Auto
01-19-2007, 20:59
I Love Cabela's Dangerous Hunts, DeerHunter 4, Rocky Mountain Trophy Hunter 3, and Hitman 2 Silent Assassin. Rainbow Six 3: Raven Shield is cool. I liked Freedom Fighters. Oh, and Deer Avenger and Deer's Revenge. 007 Nightfire is a good one too, but the file got messed up on my computer and it don't work now. Bird Hunter Wild Wings Edition is good. That's all I'll list for now.

:freak:

:reindeer: :50cal:

GlockDobe
01-22-2007, 07:18
I came from the pc so i played all the fps from wolenstien the orignal doom and my fav quake 2 and 3 but i am a console goer now and i pla halo 1 and 2 i just picked up gears of war and that is a very good game i just cant wait for Halo 3

freakshow10mm
01-22-2007, 10:11
Wolfenstein 3D is awesome! I started on PC but am switching over to Mac for computers and will leave the gaming to consoles.

I love shooters. I prefer 1st person but a decent 3rd person like GRAW or GOW is alright, if done correctly. The SOCOM series is neat too, although I only have a PSP as my Sony device now. I tried some racing/driving games, MotoGP06 and Test Drive Unlimited.

G-G-Glock Unit
02-10-2007, 23:18
I like a lot of differnet games, Star Wars titles are my favorites (KOTOR 1,2, and battlefront 2 or battleground or whatever)

But I have to say my favorite game is actually area 51 on arcade especially when using a gun in each hand.

Also I thought God of War for ps2 was awesome

On the flip side Terminator 3 redemption started out awesome but that game started to suck a lot after the first couple of levels

uninc
02-16-2007, 06:30
I would have to say my all time fav. would be Metal Gear Solid for ps2. Cant wait for the new Metal Gear to drop for PS3.

10mm4ME!
03-02-2007, 15:21
Quake 2 and the Starcraft series. Although UT2004 is pretty fun.

Cdr. Instigator
03-02-2007, 20:05
My favorite game of all time has to be Lock-On Flaming Cliffs.. Here are a few shot of in game graphycs..

http://lockon.co.uk/img/products/large/227055a860e06dc0a87a36d26add961a.jpg

http://lockon.co.uk/img/products/large/20c309b0fcf0354231432b030921cbda.jpg

http://lockon.co.uk/img/products/large/6a25ab5c8cdea7a3d2f853cefeeaa676.jpg

http://lockon.co.uk/img/products/large/dd9761bb702053c3fe1812908fe509cb.jpg

There's also an addon coming out soon for Lock-On called Black Shark..

Hereare some screens of ingame footage.

http://lockon.co.uk/img/products/large/210cd8df2aec1a073a0b599782d32f3b.jpg

http://lockon.co.uk/img/products/large/d5839c05d800fb7b36441a4f97902e02.jpg

My other favorite games I play is Fear, Battle Field 2 and 2142, I also play Armed Assault...and GTR2

jolt8me
03-21-2007, 10:51
Total annihilation. Got it in 1998 and still play it today. It's held up really well with its diverse units and all the mods you can add on to it.

HAVOC
03-27-2007, 02:09
Originally posted by jolt8me
Total annihilation. Got it in 1998 and still play it today. It's held up really well with its diverse units and all the mods you can add on to it.

Then you need Supreme Commander. (http://supremecommander.com/) The REAL successor to TA. We won't mention the horrible Kingdoms... Of course you'll also need a new PC... SupCom is BRUTAL, just like TA was in '97...

Spring (http://spring.clan-sy.com/) is a communtiy mod to bring TA in the the modern PC world. I haven't played it, it's still a bit too beta for my tastes, but everything I've read says it's quite well done.

Aside from TA, I've spent the most time paying Homeworld, Dungeon Siege, Mechwarrior 2, Diablo and Privateer 2.

Walter45Auto
03-27-2007, 07:17
I just Got Hitman: Contracts. Just installed it, but I haven't been able to get it to work yet.

jolt8me
03-28-2007, 10:30
Originally posted by HAVOC
Then you need Supreme Commander. (http://supremecommander.com/) The REAL successor to TA. We won't mention the horrible Kingdoms... Of course you'll also need a new PC... SupCom is BRUTAL, just like TA was in '97...

Spring (http://spring.clan-sy.com/) is a communtiy mod to bring TA in the the modern PC world. I haven't played it, it's still a bit too beta for my tastes, but everything I've read says it's quite well done.

Aside from TA, I've spent the most time paying Homeworld, Dungeon Siege, Mechwarrior 2, Diablo and Privateer 2.

I also play spring as well. You should try it out. They just released a new version of it. everything about it is stable for me. You can also play other people online. everything is free for it.

imoutofideas
03-29-2007, 10:19
God of War 2 is probably my favorite right now. I love the Prince of Persia series and of course i gotta have my Madden.

Walter45Auto
03-29-2007, 18:20
Well, I got Hitman: Contracts working. It's a pretty cool game. A few of the missions are just repeats from the first one, though. And there's not as many of them. Hitman 2 is a better game, I think. They've got some really cool weapons, though.

WellArmedSheep
12-19-2007, 10:27
My all-time favorite has to be Counter-Strike:Source. I started playing CS at version 1.0 (way back in the day when it was a free download and they used the real names for the guns)...made it up to version 1.5 before I called it quits for a few years. I bought CS:S last December and it's been downhill from there. Here's some interesting screenshots, from a very bad round on my part, LOL (and yes, it was the same round):
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v312/scrcteach/Screenshots/de_inferno0002.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v312/scrcteach/Screenshots/de_inferno0006.jpg

Recently upgraded the PC so I run at a little more than 30fps now (actually at least 100fps, at 1680x1050)

THEPOPE
12-20-2007, 21:01
Wow, good posts here on all sorts of games...

Currently...

Call of Duty 4, on P.C.

Awesome on-line play.....ranks for experience opens weapons, accessories...better guns, ammo, sheilding....etc...

Two thumbs up...

Ime out :cool:

JMag
12-20-2007, 21:17
While some of us are waxing nostalgic I'll throw in "Tempest" as I used to waste too much time playing it.

sdsnet
12-20-2007, 23:08
Yep, Centipede and Asteroids were great on the Atari 520ST. I bought an aftermarket ICD SCSI host adapter so I could run Seagate MFM and RLL drives using disk subsystem controllers. This was around 1987. I can remember hooking up two 40 meg Seagate ST-251's and copying files from one to another thinking that was the coolest thing. Then I got my hands on an RLL controller which increased the capacity from 40 meg to 65 meg each. That little home project is what led me to get a job as a PC tech. Going really far back I can remember playing Space Invaders at the video arcade in 1980. Before that of course was Pong which I had the original attached to the TV as a little kid in the seventies.

Tvov
12-21-2007, 07:29
lol, this thread has come back from the mists of time!

I am still playing Battlefield 2 regularly. Forgotten Hope 2, a free downloadable WWII mod for BF2, has just been released. It is a "realism" mod, so it is substantially different and harder than vanilla BF2. It is really cool for all the early WWII vehicles and equipment: Stuart light tanks, Crusaders, Grant tanks, Panzer II, III, and IV tanks, twin-engine Beaufighters, Hurricanes, Stuka dive bombers, etc.

http://forgottenhope.bf1942files.com/main.php?module=&lang=english&flash=yes&mod=

I also still play the Point of Existence 2 mod for BF2, it is a modern day shooter using mostly German and Ukranian forces, but the most recent download also includes US Marines.

I play CS:S and DoD:S regularly, but it is hard comparing them to BF2 and its mods, since BF2 has such huge maps, aircraft, tanks, and up 32 players on a side (64 total playing all at once).

I also have been playing TeamFortress 2 recently. That is a fun break from all the "serious" fps games.

gr81disp
12-22-2007, 04:18
Yep, Call of Duty 4 on the PC is my current addiction. Literally, I will come within a hair of being late for work just for a couple more minutes of play.

As for old school, I may be young, but I have played games for a LONG time. Two old school are NES Mad Max and even farther back, Atari Qix. Qix ate up soooo much time when I was little. (it was old even then!)

TacticalBling
12-27-2007, 08:26
Alphabetically or by category? :supergrin:

Let's see, some of my all-time favorites...these are all games I go back and replay on a regular basis, no matter how old or how often I have to dig out the old game systems.

-Dynasty Warriors series: Addictive games, got me to read the Three Kingdoms story. Who said video games can't be educational? :supergrin:

-Fallout 1 & 2: Absolutely brilliant. Can't wait to see how the next one measures up!

-The King's Field series: King's Field was the game that got me addicted to first-person fantasy games, and KF2 brought in much more of the story to the series, as well as more 'stuff', across the boards. Other games like Morrowind, Oblivion, etc. may have more detail and such, but King's Field just has its own 'feel', that no other game has. Love it!

-Final Fantasy III/VI (US/Japan): IMO, the pinnacle of RPGs for the Super Nintendo, and the last FF game I really enjoyed. IMO, the techno-fantasy setting got WAY out of hand from then on.

-Samurai Shodown/Spirits 4: LOVE those SNK fighting games.

-Guilty Gear X2: Like the SNK games, very involved, technical fighting game. Interesting story, too.

-Marvel vs. Capcom 2, Capcom vs. SNK series: Good fighters...MvC2 is mostly just for short term stress relief. Magneto + fighting game = win. :cool:

-Marvel Ultimate Alliance (Gold) for 360.

-Pretty much anything Enix came out with on the PS before the merger with Square. Star Ocean 2, Valkyrie Profile, etc.

-Older CRPGs, like Wizardry 7, Legacy of the Ancients, Might and Magic World of Xeen (can ANYONE figure out how to play this with modern operating systems?!)

Just to name a few...

-ETA: How could I forget Survival Horror?! Resident Evil (all of 'em) and Silent Hill 2...

KodyWhite1010
01-18-2008, 19:41
The most fun I ever had playing a video game...I was playing " The Getaway" for PS2. Played untill the last scene on the tanker ship before I realized you could lean on the walls to heal yourself! Then the game broke, I think my Ex girfriend did it, pobably jealous I played it as much as her!:dunno:
I dont know if the game wuz so great or the haze I was tokin up? I liked the cars in it especially the civic. It was like GTA but 10X better. 4real>:wow:

Scarecrow28
02-03-2008, 10:59
Anything Call Of Duty, especially 1 and 4. Tomb Raider Legend and Anniversary as well. Some of the Medal Of Honor games, like Airborne. Gears of War and Halo as well and Unreal Tournament. I wish I had a PS3 so I could play Drake's Fortune.

405dave
02-11-2008, 08:27
Halo 3

RyanSBHF
02-18-2008, 20:56
At the moment, Contra 4.

Hamrhed
02-23-2008, 00:57
I havent played much lately, but I did just download the demo for Call of Duty 4 and all I can say is wow :wow: I have played Rtcw, ET, AA, and CoD2 online extensively in years past- and CoD4 reminds me of a cross between Americas Army and CoD2... Gonna have to break down and get this!

slewfoot
02-23-2008, 06:35
COD 4 now, but a hopeless Halflife junkie.

SnowCajun
02-28-2008, 12:25
Quake (the first game I ever played with hardware acceleration, it was a religious experience)
Man that brought back old memories, the very first time I ever played Doom2 against other people I knew instantly that was the future of gaming. It was so different than playing against the computer and I loved it. Now, and I say this so sadly, it's become hard to find games to play where people aren't cheating. Once someone came over to my house to play Diablo 2 and installed a cheat, showed me how to operate it. My game was totally destroyed after that, and I've never had another cheat on my computer since that time. I know there are anti cheating groups out there, I hope more people will learn to play with their natural talent alone instead of cheating and causing their characters to do unnatural things they normally wouldn't be able to do in the games otherwise. I love Delta Force Black Hawk Down, but the cheating is crazy in it. It's sad really because it's such a good game!

SnowCajun

Bowtie
03-04-2008, 22:36
Delta Force Blackhawk Down

Easterbrook
03-05-2008, 14:58
Halo 3

epsylum
03-12-2008, 19:14
Well since this thread is back. I am addicted to CoD4 on the PS3 right now. My favorite gun has to be the M60. I use either a red dot or ACOG on it depending on the stage. It with additional damage and deep impact perks is hell of a setup. I have successfully courter-snipered snipers on many occasions (shooting through their cover gets them moving :supergrin: ) and even used to to rack up many kills as a sniper with it and an ACOG. I always bring along claymores. They are usually good for a few easy kills.

IMO CoD4 is up there with AA. It is not as realistic as AA in several ways (can't bleed to death), but it others it is more realistic. The level designs are the best thing about the game IMO. You can kill someone with an 40mm grenade that hasn't armed yet through blunt force trauma in both of them though. I was on the recieving end of one the other day. :supergrin:

don51181
03-18-2008, 08:16
Call of Duty 4 online is awesome and addicting. But Grand Theft Auto 4 might come close when it comes out. Also I love Command and Conquer.