recoil spring? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : recoil spring?

blueeagle
01-09-2006, 20:12
newbie here. Bul M5 frame and a locally made slide of unknown make bought sa tabi-tabi. Naka-amnesty na. Excellent accuracy and very reliable. My only complaint is that empty cartridges go flying approximately 4-5 feet to the rear and right when firing. Yung iba sa tabi lang nila nahuhulog ang mga basyo. Is this because of a weak recoil spring? I dont know the make and rating of the spring. Any suggestions, mga kapatid. ;4

jerrytrini
01-09-2006, 21:22
With your description, your pistol is just fine. If it ain't broke don't fix it. Brass that land close to the shooter means light recoil spring. IMHO.

bulm540
01-09-2006, 21:25
Ditto, What do ya mean locally made frame? Bul m5s are made in Israel.

mc_oliver
01-09-2006, 21:28
Your gun could also be using a "longer" extended ejector. If you're up to it, you can file on the nose of the ejector to tune the direction of brass ejection. Or try a simple fix if your gun will work, use a buff or two. ;)

isuzu
01-09-2006, 21:42
JT,

I think it's the opposite. If your gun is ejecting brass farther from you, your gun needs a heavier recoil spring.

Blueeagle,

Just like what JT said, your gun is doing fine. 4-5 feet is an ideal range for brass to fall. You may also want to try this link:
http://www.gunsprings.com/1ndex.html