Hope [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Hope

BikerRN
01-10-2006, 03:38
Here's hoping that my 14 tooth sprocket and saddlebags, the soft ones, will be in today.

I'm going to bed, it's late. When I awake the first place I will call will be my local Ducati dealer. Wish me luck. :)

BikerRN
01-10-2006, 14:26
14 Tooth: In, drop off Evangelina in the morning to have the 14T put on.

Bags: Not in yet. :(

It's a good thing I ordered early, still have a chance of getting the bags for when I need them.

fnfalman
01-10-2006, 15:48
Bags? You don't need no steenking bags!;f

BikerRN
01-10-2006, 17:33
Originally posted by fnfalman
Bags? You don't need no steenking bags!;f

lol, yeah I do.

I'm going to be starting a position in Home Health and use the bike to commute from patient to patient. Along with that I need to be able to carry iv, dressing and other medical supplies. I should probably have a HD Geezerglide for all the crap I will have to carry.

xrmattaz
01-10-2006, 18:18
;) I'll trade my '03 K1200LT for your Duck, then you'll be able to carry ALL the stuff you need! And then some.....hehe.

BikerRN
01-10-2006, 22:38
Thanks, but I think my bags will be in soon enough. :)

BikerRN
01-11-2006, 17:40
The dealer put the 14 tooth sprocket on and I just rode it home. Man, what a freaking difference! I love it.

I can now actually get into second gear in rush hour traffic! :) I don't know what this will do to the topend as far as riding the highways, but it sure is nicer in town. I actually got into third gear w/o lugging the engine.

I doubt it will hurt the topspeed either, but it will allow me to use the overdrive gear at 65 MPH. Before I couldn't hardly ever use it. The 14T helps to keep the revs up, keeping the bike in the "sweet spot" as far as revs go, thus eliminating the low rev vibrations.

I will post more later, but as of now I'm loving it.