difference between fix & adjustable [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : difference between fix & adjustable


Ersatz0906
01-11-2006, 08:36
hello guys

whats the difference between fix and adjustable sights?

kasi My G has a rear adjustable sights, so Im planning to buy Truglo TFO (anyone tried it? any feedback or comments?) and I think it only comes with fix sights, is it ok? how about accuracy with the fix?

thanks

9MX
01-11-2006, 11:32
an adj. sights simply give you the flexibility to adjust as needed:cool:

the disadvantage is that, the chosen adjustment maybe jarred from time to time, eye cutter and gundog experienced this unfortunate event during level 2 ipsc matches,hehehehe

fixed sigths, once adjusted to your satisfaction are okay, not easily jarred as adjustable ones.

btw, my G17 has fixed mepros on them. 2 years had gone by, i have no complaints.

Ersatz0906
01-11-2006, 17:07
Thank you sir,
where did you get your mepros?
I'm planning to buy it in the US thru my bro, then ship the sight to the phil. is it allowed?

9MX
01-11-2006, 19:04
dude,

answering your question could violate gt rules, check your pm

darwin25
01-11-2006, 20:33
Originally posted by Ersatz0906
Thank you sir,
where did you get your mepros?
I'm planning to buy it in the US thru my bro, then ship the sight to the phil. is it allowed?

Reliable in Ali Mall has a good supply of Mepros. They are priced P3-4T last time I checked. Hindi ko lang alam kung pundido na yung mga night sights nila.

Ersatz0906
01-11-2006, 23:32
Originally posted by darwin25
Hindi ko lang alam kung pundido na yung mga night sights nila.

;z

batangueno
01-11-2006, 23:54
Actually, darwin is not joking. Tritium has a half life of 12 years. That means after 12 years, a tritium night sight will be half as bright as it was brand new. Reliable had mepros since 1995 when i bought a set for my g17. If what they have currently are still the same stock then the night sight will only have 1 more year before it dims.

Ersatz0906
01-12-2006, 05:02
Originally posted by batangueno
Actually, darwin is not joking. Tritium has a half life of 12 years. That means after 12 years, a tritium night sight will be half as bright as it was brand new. Reliable had mepros since 1995 when i bought a set for my g17. If what they have currently are still the same stock then the night sight will only have 1 more year before it dims.

i know that it has 12years after that it get dim.
its funny because they will and still sell nightsights that has expired...if only Gunshop in the philippines would put up online shopping lots of people would order one.

jasonub
01-12-2006, 05:55
for a carry gun ill choose the fixed sights. trijicon if night sights. though cheaper ang meprolight.

batangueno
01-12-2006, 07:54
Come to think of it mine only has 1 more year before it dims. Ersatz pabili na rin...hehe ;f

jeric777
01-12-2006, 12:02
wala bang manufacture date sa mga night sights?

Ersatz0906
01-12-2006, 17:07
Originally posted by jeric777
wala bang manufacture date sa mga night sights?

Correct me if Im wrong guys, Pro I think meron nyan...