Nice day for a ride [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Nice day for a ride

NMGlocker
01-12-2006, 22:53
Last Saturday was nearly 80 degrees and no wind.
Nice day for a ride.
http://www.jammey.com/standup.jpg

BikerRN
01-13-2006, 02:05
It was good here today for a 50 mile loop ride. In the low 70's. I had too much to do around the house so I couldn't stay out longer. :(

Great weather, but I'm missing the rain. I've had enough of this drought.

fnfalman
01-13-2006, 09:39
We're projected to have rain in SoCal this whole weekend, so the canyon cutting plan is kaput.:(

BikerRN
01-13-2006, 11:34
Send the rain east, we could sure use it.

;c :)

NMGlocker
01-13-2006, 14:03
The next nice weekend I'm headed to the Davis Mtn's in Southwest Texas for some twisties. I've been tinkering with my suspension settings and I really need to test them out.

Markcuda
01-14-2006, 07:48
I hope you wern't doing that on the public streets;P

NMGlocker
01-14-2006, 11:17
Public street........ yes.
Carefully chosen area........ yes.
Outside the city, on a "dead end" newly paved access road to an abandoned airbase and the local dragstrip. The only traffic is on Sundays when the drag races are running.

Markcuda
01-14-2006, 16:05
Once again, I will probably read about your stupid ***** on this website:)
Any one stupid enough to do wheelies on a public street, well, you know what will happen to you eventually;z

c5367
01-14-2006, 16:46
Thursday was pretty nice, 55 degrees. For january in Chicago-land, thats darn good actually. Managed to get in about 100mi.

NMGlocker
01-14-2006, 19:40
Originally posted by Markcuda
Once again, I will probably read about your stupid ***** on this website
Any one stupid enough to do wheelies on a public street, well, you know what will happen to you eventually
What's the differnce between wheelying on a empty public street with no traffic and extremely limited access, and wheelying in some other closed area?
Out of 20 or 30 riders I saw around town today.
There were 4 helmets being worn (all 4 sportbike riders btw).
Or how about the 5 H-D's parked outside the bar.
I'll take my chances wheelying on a zero traffic, out of town street (with full gear, helmet, gloves, jacket, underarmor, draggin jeans, race boots) over riding downtown without a helmet ANYDAY of the week. At least it's winter and the clowns haven't been wearing shorts, wife beaters and flip-flops.
We've had 3 wrecks so far this year in my town.
1 fatal cruiser wreck I posted about a while back.
2 seriously injured cruiser riders hitting left turning cars downtown.
None of those people were wearing a helmet, 2 were drunk.

Markcuda
01-14-2006, 19:48
I just hate to see you get hurt, sir.

NMGlocker
01-14-2006, 19:59
I noticed on your website http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/view?username=markcuda you are wearing an open faced helmet. You ever seen someone who's slid down the pavement face first with an open face helmet?
Let's just say the pavement stops grinding your face down about the time it reaches the helmet. You don't need your chin, teeth, or nose anyway.
I also like the pic of the guy riding down the street with his do-rag on protecting the ol' melon, the sleeveless vest and fingerless golves are a nice touch as well (that wouldn't happen to be you would it?).
Heck, a lot of your photos show morons with no helmets.

Once again, I will probably read about your stupid ***** on this website
Any one stupid enough to not wear a helmet on a public street, well, you know what will happen to you eventually ;z

;a

Markcuda
01-14-2006, 22:41
Yup, dude, you act like a idiot on the street and ride like one and get killed, no one will care, I get killed because I have no helmet on, no one will care.
But, it comes down to who was the bigger idiot.
Punks on bikes, I hate and you are probably a punk:cool:

c5367
01-14-2006, 22:43
WTF?

NMGlocker
01-15-2006, 08:57
I just hate to see you get hurt, sir.

NMGlocker
01-15-2006, 09:12
Originally posted by c5367
WTF?
In another thread I had the audacity to insult the mighty Harley Davidson. Ever since then, Markcuda has been my personal stalker.
Mark has shown his love for me with quotes like this:
Some day, I hope to read about your stupidity on this forum
Punks on bikes, I hate and you are probably a punk
Mmmmmmmm....... I'm getting the warm fuzzies.
;3

Texas T
01-15-2006, 10:01
Some folks want to be squids. Some folks want to dress up like pirates. Whatever. What's important is that you ride.

BikerRN
01-22-2006, 09:01
NMGlocker,

Since you are having this love affair with Mark I figured I owe you an apology.

I once got on your case about doing over 100 MPH at night on a public road. I now an guilty of the same thing. I did it for grins and giggles, but I did feel I was overiding my headlights. Anyway, take care and ride safe.

Mark,

I've owned and ridden Harley's for most of my riding life. I just recently switched to what I consider a better style of bike. To each their own I say. One thing that I don't like about the "Harley Culture" is the Freedom To Choose BS! Around here the sportbike riders are the ones that wear the gear.

On the Harley I felt like a fool wearing my gear. Now that I'm on the Ducati I don't think twice about ATGATT. Now why don't we all just put our differences aside and get in the wind?

;c ;c :)

Motor-T
01-22-2006, 18:26
Originally posted by Texas T
Some folks want to dress up like pirates.

http://www.accesswave.ca/~thomson/macros/yarr.jpg

Dogmeat00
01-22-2006, 18:59
Arguing on the internet is like running in the Special Olympics. Even if you win...

Knees in the wind and Rubber side down and all that.

BikerRN
01-22-2006, 22:02
Today was a nice day for a ride. Started in town at 2500' and rode up the mountain to 9,000'.

Bloody cold up high, but the twisties going up were FUN! It was in the 40's up top, 60's in town. No snow or ice on the road, but we left after 12:00 PM, so it would've melted by then.

There was ice along the road, what used to be snow, but we've had a warm spell and the road was great. What was even greater was having a late lunch in the ski lodge. Hot cocoa sure is nice this time of year. Only saw 5 other bikes out there. :(

In the warmer months we are wall to wall bikes. I guess you have to really like riding to go up the mountain in this weather. Lord knows my wife and I like riding. :)

NMGlocker
01-22-2006, 22:08
Originally posted by BikerRN
I now an guilty of the same thing. I did it for grins and giggles,
Always pick your time and place (and Sylvania Silverstars will help with the headlights).
I ride hard and act like a hooligan......... but only when and where a screw up will only cost me and not anyone else.
Heck, I feel safer doing a 80mph standup wheelie out on a desolate road than I do threading cagers downtown on Friday afternoon.
I got 100 miles in today, had a blast breaking in the new Metzeler Z6's. Ran 'em to the edge (no chicken strips left at all) and they never even hinted at slipping. Impressive for a sport touring tire, especially in the mid 50 degree weather we had today.

BikerRN
01-23-2006, 05:12
Kewl!

I'm running the Pirelli Strada on mine and I love it. I will confess to having some chicken strips though.

I will do 35 MPH corners at 50-60 MPH, but with shifting my body position like I do I don't have to lean the bike over as much and therefore I still have chicken strips. I don't feel like going faster on the street, but I know I can. It's just that I don't trust the cell phone yacking drivers out there.

Take care and ride safe. ;c :)

fnfalman
01-23-2006, 10:14
I put on 300-miles yesterday and it wasn't a fun day to ride. Exciting ride, but wasn't too fun. The winds were crazy in the canyons. It was tolerable on the freeways and when I got out to Malibu canyons, it wasn't bad at all. But then we went to another one by Lake Castaic near Magic Mountain and the winds were screaming through the canyons. Twice while I was leaning over, the wind blew and the bike actually skidded a couple of inches. The problem was that you can't really slow down because you lose momentum and inertia and the wind really blows you all over the place.

There was a woman with us who was on a Honda 600 CBX. She was smooth as silk with that bike.