Want suggestion bout g22 [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Want suggestion bout g22

alpha1g23
01-13-2006, 09:14
hello to all BOGS !! anyway just bought a glock22 mariner at the gunshow hope i get it sooner than i expected, anyone have any advice or comments bout this glock model? tnx...

vega
01-13-2006, 09:53
Advice, don't shoot it underwater with your ears submerged.
Nice pistol, congrats!

vega

Putok-Glock
01-14-2006, 05:52
Also, dont shoot it on water w/ only a portion or the muzzle of the barrel submerged.

kristiansen
01-14-2006, 19:31
enjoy your new toy! mine is flawless,so far.

Kiddo
01-14-2006, 20:47
Don't shoot it underwater at all. ;) Also, if you will shoot lead, clean the barrel every 100rds or so. Shoot reloads only from reliable reloaders.

atmarcella
01-15-2006, 00:48
better yet dont shoot lead at all...try teflon, or buy an aftermarket barrel if you really want to shoot lead:)

alpha1g23
01-15-2006, 09:34
thanks for all of the advice bro! ill keep that in mind do any of you guys knows where i can get an aftermarket barrel? thanks in advance

vega
01-15-2006, 09:37
I heard Nashe can get you one for P15500, but put the agreed price in writing.

vega

Young Once
01-15-2006, 20:19
Thats a good gun! I also have one. My advice to you is if you are going to use reloads for shooting, use the FMJ reloads of Armscor. Also, make sure that the brass you will use will be used exclusively for your G22. If you use it for other guns, they might not seat properly. Also, don't use brass used in other guns for reloading bullets to be used in your G22. Same problem. Congrats and enjoy your G22!

To Vega: would you know if the after market barrels sold by Nashe are drop-in or would it require some fitting?

Thanks.

vega
01-15-2006, 23:39
Originally posted by Young Once
Thats a good gun! I also have one. My advice to you is if you are going to use reloads for shooting, use the FMJ reloads of Armscor. Also, make sure that the brass you will use will be used exclusively for your G22. If you use it for other guns, they might not seat properly. Also, don't use brass used in other guns for reloading bullets to be used in your G22. Same problem. Congrats and enjoy your G22!

To Vega: would you know if the after market barrels sold by Nashe are drop-in or would it require some fitting?

Thanks.
You can use any brass shot from another pistol on your G22.
Regarding after market barrel, shoot a PM to atmarcella, he bought one from Nashe, I read it in another thread and I was just passing along the information. I believe Barsto requires fitting, I'm not sure of other brands.

vega

Young Once
01-16-2006, 01:04
thanks, Vega

atmarcella
01-16-2006, 07:09
you can specify if you want the match barrel, w/c requires fitting, or the semi drop-in, w/c barsto says in their website drops-in 8 out of 10 times, i specified the semi drop-in, at first i thought i needed to have it fitted, but it went in fine when i installed it at home, i got the semi drop-in cos i wanted to shoot lead, truth is the stock barrel was pretty accurate IMO;f

Django
01-16-2006, 15:55
Originally posted by alpha1g23
thanks for all of the advice bro! ill keep that in mind do any of you guys knows where i can get an aftermarket barrel? thanks in advance

Final Option at MCS also carries Glock after market barrels. Plus side is that they have a gunsmith in San Juan who will fit the barrel for you in case it will not drop in. One of the best gunsmiths for Glocks if you ask me.

alpha1g23
01-20-2006, 09:10
i got my new glock22 earlier , everything is great as for now cant wait till this morning so i can have it testfire at my gunclub indoor range, looks good ,feels good smooth and a bit tight 200rnds of teflon heads and 100 rnds of fmj{armscor lang po} all set,ill try to break it in slowly baka magasgas ha ha ha ill tell you later on what happen then...

isuzu
01-20-2006, 18:32
Actually, it's a good gun. It's the gun being used by the Calgary police. I had the opportunity of it being used against a person on TV early last year. One shot was all it took for the perp to fall face down. The Calgary police use 180 gr Speer Gold Dots.