Auto car starter? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Auto car starter?

Fireman64
01-13-2006, 12:05
Who has one and how do you like it.
What kind of distance and how does it work from inside buildings?
Just had one installed and already changed antenna in the car, but still not getting much distance, only about 100 ft, suppose to get 2000 ft.. .. Is this normal...Thanks for any info..:)

Fireman64
01-16-2006, 18:55
Doesn't anyone own a car starter?..Please ask a friend If you don't own one!:)

Kastivich01
01-16-2006, 19:07
I had one installed on my girlfirends (now-ex) truck a while ago (like 3 years). It worked from quite a ways away, Id say at least a couple hundred feet. Right after I had it installed one of her friends was playing with the remote. About 20 mins later one of the maintenence guys came in and told her that her truck was running. Aparently her friend had pushed the start button and started it from inside the building. It was probably 500 feet away at that point.

Kastivich01
01-16-2006, 19:08
BTW it was an ungo. Forget which model already. The one with a standard remote not the two way system.

01-30-2006, 23:44
I have remote starters in both of my vehicles. 2-way AstroStarts. In IDEAL conditions, it is about 2000' range. Realistically, I can start it from my office building. Do get a 2-way system, if you do not see your car, there is no way for you to tell if it is running.

I can turn on rear window defroster via my remotes too. I can check status of my car alrm, locked/unlocked doors as well. Remotes were programmed to start either of the vehicles.

Do not go with the cheapest installer, you get what you paid for. I asked my Isuzu dealer, he recommended one particular outfit; not the cheapest, but lifetime warranty on parts/labor. (I am fortunate to have an HONEST car dealer with EXCELLENT service department, and I trust his opinions)

When I ran into the store, I can leave car running, and pull keys out ignition.

wayne5plus1
02-19-2006, 15:57
i got autopage...works great! i can turn my car on from 1000ft...which is about how far i am when i am working...

Detroit454
02-22-2006, 03:26
Just a tip, from working with mobile electronincs for a long time, stick with a DEI brand they work the best. DEI=Viper, Python and so on.

TexasGlock23
02-27-2006, 02:28
Presitge or AutoPage, or Stellar!

fireman jb
03-14-2006, 22:31
I have a Viper alarm/starter on my truck. It is great. I can start my truck from 5-6oo ft. away inside a building with no windows. I can easily start my truck from 2000ft. in a parking lot. It is also a 2-way transmitter. So I know if my truck started or not. It is also a alarm that pages me if my alarm goes off and tells me what was tampered with ie. door, broken glass, or hit or rocked. Trust me it wasn't the cheapest alarm or cheap to install but well worth every penny. On mine you can also have the time limit set for how long you want it to run. Mine will also turn the truck on if it sences the battery get low on juice. I would recommend Viper.

xj4play
04-03-2006, 12:02
+1 for anythign from directed electronics. Ive got a viper and it works great. It works from inside my work which has 6" thick concrete walls.

btoler
04-03-2006, 12:15
I live in Ohio and was wanting one for my truck, but it's a standard and I was told it was illegal to install on a standard, I find this hard to believe. Anyone know of a company that will install at a good price.

Fireman64
04-09-2006, 13:53
Originally posted by btoler
I live in Ohio and was wanting one for my truck, but it's a standard and I was told it was illegal to install on a standard, I find this hard to believe. Anyone know of a company that will install at a good price.

I have seen ASTRO START brand on a number of manual transmission.
In my instruction manual it talks about installing them in man. trans.

In case anyone wants to know I finally got my ASTRO START fixed.
after the third time they said they replaced the whole unit?
It was better but remote still lost contact with the car.
So I took it back for the 4th time and of coarse they don't believe
me because it works when I'm at the store, they discounted the power
re-booted and re-set now it works great. Go figure.

Thanks for all the input.