Bay area DJ Woody advocates opening doors on lane splitting bikers [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Bay area DJ Woody advocates opening doors on lane splitting bikers

KaTooM
01-14-2006, 10:42
;Q

http://www.zx-10r.net/forum/showthread.php?t=15894

fnfalman
01-16-2006, 10:28
Yeah, that radio station caught hell all of later last week. Supposedly they're issuing a public apology today.

ChaZ
01-23-2006, 00:20
Yeah, there was an "interesting" discussion between people who thinks that they have right to shoot drivers who open the door for their self defense. *rolls eyes*

http://forums.pelicanparts.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=261601

By the way, I am "Xa3" in that forum.

-ChaZ

DaisyCutter
01-23-2006, 15:55
The most asanine part is that if someone opened their door to hit a bike it's equivalent to attempted murder... and it ruins the door.

If I were a crazy hell-bent driver needing to take out a biker, why not just perform a lane change on 'em. Then your door don't get trashed and you only get a basic citation.

WTF would make someone think they need to use their door?

The whole idea is sick. But using a car door is sick and really really dumb.

fnfalman
01-23-2006, 16:20
I don't know why, but the cagers think like that. I've had people who told me that whenever they see bikes splitting lanes, they want to open the doors. I say do it and you'll get a nice 9-wide reinforced boot on the face at 20-mph.

c5367
01-23-2006, 17:09
that is disgusting. Opening a door on a biker is clearly aggravated assault, if not attempted homicide. A cager that does such a thing is making an attempt to harm the biker, and thus the biker should be able to shoot him in self-defense.

It's not a harmless prank, or a nuisance. It's a knowing, willing act committed with an intention to cause severe bodily harm to another human being.

c5367
01-23-2006, 17:22
Originally posted by ChaZ
Yeah, there was an "interesting" discussion between people who thinks that they have right to shoot drivers who open the door for their self defense. *rolls eyes*

http://forums.pelicanparts.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=261601

By the way, I am "Xa3" in that forum.

-ChaZ

Just read the thread. I can understand your viewpoint. That said, in the case of a cager doing this, he has already made an attempt to kill or injure the biker. There is no guarantee he wil not continue to do so. If he does call 911 and is attempting first aid, etc, than I can see the argument that he no longer poses a threat and doesn't necessarily need to be shot on site as a matter of sefl defense. (as a matter of simple justice, I say cap the bastid!)
If he does not, than his intentions must be assumed to be as bad as they were when he made the attempt on the biker, and as such can be shot in self defense.

DaisyCutter
01-24-2006, 16:00
If I were going the "typical" 20mph. Odds are I could stop if I had a full-second. It'd be funny if a biker stopped... Then proceeded ahead into the door, intentionally hyperextending the hinges and permanently adjusting the door. I know, I know, I'm thinking like a cager... but a cagey rider could easily pull it off and probably leave some FNFALMAN boot tread on the offender's face taboot.