What To Do With .22(s) [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : What To Do With .22(s)

Putok-Glock
01-18-2006, 09:10
My love affair w/ .22 rimfire guns is long and could be boring. Suffice it to say that when I started acquiring the hardware in 1999, I ended up w/ a handful, some in .22LR's, some in .22mag, in bolt, lever, semi-auto rifles and pistols and revs.

In the beginning, I use my rifle in hunting small game, usually birds. If tired and feeling lazy, I did benchrest shooting. This I learned by myself w/ the aid of articles in gun magazines. Then came the handguns. I can still remember when I cant hit a coupon bond target at ten yards w/ a .22 handgun. I thought then that at 10 yards, the target is quite near and my goal is to hit a 1" bullseye at this dist! This was because of my rifle up-bringing where, w/ the aid of a riflescope, a 2" bull is so easy to hit at 50 yds. Then came the great revelation why I could not hit anything w/ a handgun. I happened to buy a brick of armscore .22LR ammo where about 30% of it were dud. Everytime I triggered a dud round I could see very clearly my muzzle dipped. Ive read enough about the malady of flinching but I never had the idea that that was it! I was very puzzled as to how and why this happens. Eventually, I got around it and was able to shoot a handgun. W/ contineous practice I was and still am able to hunt w/ .22 handguns.

Now that Im so pre-occupied w/ centerfire pistols, I seldom shoot my .22 guns. But when I do, I have so much fun that whenever I dream or plan of my next project, the majority of me says it will be a single action revolver in the guise of a 7" stainless Ruger Super Single Six w/ interchangeable cylinders in .22LR and .22WMR! Unfortunately, after a many gunshows, my dream gun remains a dream...;Q Can somebody out there help me lobby twin pines to sell my ruger? ;)

And whatever I do w/ my .22's, it all ends up to one thing...FUN!

nrmcolt
01-18-2006, 20:29
Yep, Armscor .22lr (in my experience)is a hit and miss result. I bought two boxes w/c have consecutive lot no. from a sari-sari store here in our neck of the woods(really,.22lr are sold openly here in the province ;f )the first box fired reliably 100%, but the second box, not only did I experienced dud rounds, the rounds(on the 2nd box) would also ka-boom in the chamber, good thing I wear eye and ear protection.
A close look at the exploded rounds, reveals that the ka-boom was at the rim(the rim was totally punched out) ;P
Disclaimer: I'm not trying to knock at Arsmcor ammo, this was all just my experiences.
Oh, and the rounds was used in a rifle.

;c

Chie
01-19-2006, 20:34
what .22 type and brand of pistolas are you selling?

you have pm ;f

i_am_infinity
01-19-2006, 20:56
same expereicne with armscor 22lrs...some goes boom, some goes "click" and some goes BOOOMMMM!!!!!

Putok-Glock
01-20-2006, 02:26
Originally posted by Chie
what .22 type and brand of pistolas are you selling?

you have pm ;f

Got your PM. Thanks for your expression of interest, pero wala pa akong plano magdispose. If I do, I'll post in here or text your cp.
Im glad Im not alone in my .22 affair.:)

Putok-Glock
01-20-2006, 02:46
Originally posted by i_am_infinity
same expereicne with armscor 22lrs...some goes boom, some goes "click" and some goes BOOOMMMM!!!!!

To be fair w/ armscor, my experience w/ dud armscor .22 ammo was my 1st and last. And the gunstore who sold it to me agreed to replace the deffective ammo. During those times, I consumed an average of 1000 rounds of .22's (LR and WMR) in various brands per week. Whenever I went to my farm to shoot benchrest, I usually bring 2-3 rifles and a handgun all in .22's, 5 days a week, about 4 hrs a day. You just imagine how a great and avid lover I was/am!

As an aside, this was a personal anecdote I had when I returned the dud .22 ammo. The store manager of that reputable gunstore was a little peeved when I finally returned the dud ammo w/c numbered around 150+. She quipped,"Sir, reklamo kayo ng reklamo sa binili nyong bala sa amin, e, ang baril nyo pala ang may problema! Paano puputok ang mag eto, e, sa gilid lahat ang tama ng firing pin nyo!";f :cool:

Putok-Glock
01-20-2006, 03:13
Originally posted by nrmcolt
Yep, Armscor .22lr (in my experience)is a hit and miss result. I bought two boxes w/c have consecutive lot no. from a sari-sari store here in our neck of the woods(really,.22lr are sold openly here in the province ;f )the first box fired reliably 100%, but the second box, not only did I experienced dud rounds, the rounds(on the 2nd box) would also ka-boom in the chamber, good thing I wear eye and ear protection.
A close look at the exploded rounds, reveals that the ka-boom was at the rim(the rim was totally punched out) ;P
Disclaimer: I'm not trying to knock at Arsmcor ammo, this was all just my experiences.
Oh, and the rounds was used in a rifle.

;c

I had this kaboom experience once in one of my benchrest session. Got it in unlabeled box. The initial rounds had noticeably stronger report. Then there was one that was so overloaded that even in my bolt action rifle, the magazine was detached from the well and a lot smoke blew back to my face. It seemed the ammo were made by an unlicensed manufacturer.

In your case, you might had the same ammo put in an armscor box.
I think armscor wont/cant have that overload problem in their ammo. Misfiring/dud rounds, yes. Armscor is a reputable manufacturer respected worldwide that Im sure they wont risk the safety of those using their products.

cebuboy
01-20-2006, 05:55
Originally posted by Putok-Glock

Im glad Im not alone in my .22 affair.:)

hehehe you are right, you are not alone;f

i think you would be looking for something like this:)

Django
01-20-2006, 06:00
Dud .22 Armscor rimfire round? Try rotating the bullet so that the firing pin will impact another portion of the rim and fire your rifle/pistol again. Works most of the time for me. :)

nrmcolt
01-20-2006, 06:40
Paano puputok ang mag eto, e, sa gilid lahat ang tama ng firing pin nyo!"
;z

;c

Putok-Glock
01-20-2006, 08:43
Originally posted by cebuboy
hehehe you are right, you are not alone;f

i think you would be looking for something like this:)

thats looooooooonnnnnngggg!

I thinks its a buntline.

vega
01-20-2006, 11:17
Paano puputok ang mag eto, e, sa gilid lahat ang tama ng firing pin nyo!";f :cool:
LOL...;a ;a ;a

Anak ng hue.....sira rin pala yung mga 22 ko.

vega

darwin25
01-21-2006, 21:58
As an aside, this was a personal anecdote I had when I returned the dud .22 ammo. The store manager of that reputable gunstore was a little peeved when I finally returned the dud ammo w/c numbered around 150+. She quipped,"Sir, reklamo kayo ng reklamo sa binili nyong bala sa amin, e, ang baril nyo pala ang may problema! Paano puputok ang mag eto, e, sa gilid lahat ang tama ng firing pin nyo!";f :cool:

Its supposed to be that way. Kaya nga rimfire e. Is the store manager joking? Did she really say that?. Kala ko store personnel lang ang supposedly ignorant sa products nila. Pati pala store manager pwede din ignorante. That was new.

toxic
01-21-2006, 23:46
[She quipped,"Sir, reklamo kayo ng reklamo sa binili nyong bala sa amin, e, ang baril nyo pala ang may problema! Paano puputok ang mag eto, e, sa gilid lahat ang tama ng firing pin nyo!";f :cool: [/B]

;i ;z ;z ;i

Putok-Glock
01-26-2006, 08:16
Originally posted by darwin25
Its supposed to be that way. Kaya nga rimfire e. Is the store manager joking? Did she really say that?. Kala ko store personnel lang ang supposedly ignorant sa products nila. Pati pala store manager pwede din ignorante. That was new.

The store manager was dead serious when she said that. And I nearly fell off my seat when I heard and understood what she was complaining about.

When I finally got back to my senses, I proceeded to explain to her the difference b/n a center fire and rimfire ammo, to w/c she said, "ganon ba yun?" and she had a big laugh on her misinfo. Buti na lang hindi na nakipagtalo pa sa akin.

Months later, she became a good friend.

Putok-Glock
01-26-2006, 09:08
Here's another .22 anecdote:

The very first time I was to buy a brand new gun(s) from a gunstore in Naga City, it was a threesome: 2 rifles w/ different actions and a semi-auto pistol all in .22 rimfire. After more than a month of almost daily phoning the store for it to find the guns of my choice, I finally paid the downpayment for the three. Since that was my 1st time, I thought the delay of a month or 2 prior to finalizing the deal was just normal.

While paying my 15T dp for the 3, there came in a guy who was to pay a dp for the gun he ordered just a day before. Upon hearing his situation and witnessing how the store personnel gave their undevided attention to him, (w/c I never got from them), I strongly demanded an explanation from the store manager (same manager in the above story) why I was badly descriminated. And for more than a month at that! To which she replied red-faced, "Sir, pasensya na po. Hindi po namin sinasadya." In so many heated words, I told her I could not accept such an alibi. Finally, she relented, " sir, sorry po talaga. Yung head office po kasi namin sa manila ayaw maniwala dun sa 3 mong order. Ang sabi sa akin po e siguraduhin ko daw na matino kayong tao bago nila irereserve yung mga order nyo. Kasi daw po, ngayon lang sila nakakita ng customer na bibili ng 3 baril na sabay-sabay at lahat pa e .22. Sira lang daw po ang gagawa ng ganon. Kahapon lang po sila naniwala ng tumawag po kayo na pupunta kayo ngayon para mag-down." (note: these are the exact adjectives she used in describing me)

What can I say? I could not blame them for ignoring a "sira." After hearing her story, all I could do was laugh at the weird situation I got myself in on my own doing! My .22's! :cool:

charlie-xray
01-26-2006, 10:28
How about the Beretta M21 guys do you have any bad comment on it and what is the recommended ammo to use with this?

vega
01-26-2006, 10:32
Months later, she became a good friend.
Hehe, another friend thread.;)

vega

Putok-Glock
01-26-2006, 20:05
Originally posted by vega
Hehe, another friend thread.;)

vega

Oh, Vega, Vega...you have a very "friendly mind!" ;)

Putok-Glock
01-26-2006, 20:08
Originally posted by charlie-xray
How about the Beretta M21 guys do you have any bad comment on it and what is the recommended ammo to use with this?

C-X, wala akong alam sa M21. Can we have some details?

cebuboy
01-27-2006, 03:40
is it the bobcat?