insurance question [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : insurance question

painkiller
01-18-2006, 18:28
posted this in general non glocking as well....
----------------------------------------------------------------------

This past Monday,my friend wrecked my motorcycle and in course himself as well.He told me he'll pick up whatever insurance doesnt,as i'm not 100% sure the damage is enough to warrant my insurance company "totalling" it out.I am hoping to have it in a shop by friday so i can get an estimate first on it and have them see if the frame or chassis is bent as well.The bike in question is a crotch rocket and damage is mainly on one side and a little on the other as the bike flipped over before resting.I am worried that if the bike is totalled that i turn it into my insurance that it will affect the rates on my new car as well.I dont know this and i was wondering if anyone did?the policys on both are seperate.I can live with high rates on the bike for 3 years cuz i probably wont see one again due to the afformentioned accident scaring the crap out of me!so if anyone can help me please do

Compy
01-18-2006, 18:58
Best thing to do is to ask your insurance agent. It *shouldn't* affect your auto policy, but insurance companies aren't exactly known for doing what's right.

painkiller
01-18-2006, 21:41
my agent whom is a personal friend,and hunting buddy,didnt know either.he let me know how much of an increase i might expect wih the my speeding ticket,but didnt have clue one as to weather or not auto rates are affected.

BikerRN
01-19-2006, 07:25
Call your Insurance Company, not the agent. The Insurance Company has phone droids to answer these type of questions. Make sure you get the name and any identiication numbers of the droid you speak to. The reason I advise this is if the droid tells you one thing, and the company tries to do another, you have documentation.

My insurance company tried to raise my rates after a wreck. It didn't happen because I had the droid's statement saying that my rates wouldn't increase.

Compy
01-19-2006, 19:04
Originally posted by painkiller
my agent whom is a personal friend,and hunting buddy,didnt know either.he let me know how much of an increase i might expect wih the my speeding ticket,but didnt have clue one as to weather or not auto rates are affected.

Well, tell him that if your rates increase, there might be a tragic "hunting accident" in his future! ;f

BikerRN
01-20-2006, 08:46
Originally posted by Nosferatu
Well, tell him that if your rates increase, there might be a tragic "hunting accident" in his future! ;f

Man, that's not even funny. If, God forbid, an "accident" did occur, how do you think he would feel. Also, from the lawyer's side of things, it could be seen as premeditation.

I know it was meant in jest, but someone reading this forum may not take it as a joke. ;c :)

Compy
01-20-2006, 11:12
Lawyers ;Q