Bung kunana! [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Bung kunana!

kamelot
01-19-2006, 02:28
I was at a firing range today and I was lucky or rather unfortunate to see a group of guys belonging to a government organization I won't mention the name. They were there to probably hone their skills or most likely display their ignorance in gun safety.

There was this guy in one bay who removed the magazine from his gun, and instead of facing the berm, faced the crowd, pulled the trigger of his gun pointing to the ground. A resounding "Bung kunana!" was heard. The bullet splattered about a foot from his shoe. He didn't realize there was one in the chamber. Nasigawan tuloy siya ng range assistant to face downrange.

In another bay,another guy started shooting his targets. there was this man who was a few feet behind him. He suddenly drew his gun and started setting his sights on the target. I exclaimed to myself, "Anak ng baka!"

Hurriedly I left for home but not before telling the pulot boys, "Good luck sa inyo. Mag-ingat kayo sa kanila!":(

PMMA97
01-19-2006, 03:54
Originally posted by kamelot
... unfortunate to see a group of guys belonging to a government organization I won't mention the name.

Huwag naman sana grupo ng LEOs ;g

Eye Cutter
01-19-2006, 04:47
pag meron ganyan mga tao sa range, umaalis na rin ako! saan range yan doc?

mikey177
01-19-2006, 04:49
kamelot,

Could you mention what firing range you were at so I'll be sure to avoid going there when I'm in the big city.

kamelot
01-19-2006, 04:59
mikey,

The firing range is very safe. It just so happened this group was very much unsafe.:)

9MX
01-19-2006, 07:13
hmmm..i get the feeling its at armscor. on weekends, there seem to be always a bunch of people who are like that. what i normally do is discreetly call the attention of the resident ROs to rectify the whole thing.

isuzu
01-19-2006, 17:12
Kamelot, you did the right thing. If there are people who do not follow the basic rules of gun safety on the range, either the range management sends them home, or you just pack up and leave.

I myself was a witness to an incident a few years back during a club shoot. A competitor who was a member of the club was disputing the scores from the range officer after he shot the course. Sad to say he yelled at the poor RO and chambered his G17!

He was sent out of the range, and the gun club management sanctioned the erring member. Later heard was that his membership was cancelled and banned for life at that gun club.

We don't need irresponsible and immature people at gun clubs. They'll ruin our sports if we don't straighten them up or get rid of them.

paltik45
01-19-2006, 19:00
He he he he he;f That is the same experience we had when the provincial comander of Laguna(PNP) conducted the first inter-town shooting competition. This was way back in 1998-99 and I am telling you what.....it was a nightmare for the RO's and the shooting aficionado's.;g

ppts799
01-19-2006, 22:15
Originally posted by kamelot
There was this guy in one bay who removed the magazine from his gun, and instead of facing the berm, faced the crowd, pulled the trigger of his gun pointing to the ground. A resounding "Bung kunana!" was heard. The bullet splattered about a foot from his shoe. He didn't realize there was one in the chamber.
:(
SCARRRRRYYYYYYYY!;P ;P

ppts799
01-19-2006, 22:18
Originally posted by isuzu
Sad to say he yelled at the poor RO and chambered his G17!

he is the type who would bring out his pistola during a traffic argument :( - he shouldn't have a gun in the first place...

isuzu
01-19-2006, 23:51
Originally posted by ppts799
he is the type who would bring out his pistola during a traffic argument :( - he shouldn't have a gun in the first place...

Your observation is right! The person I'm talking about would pull a gun at somebody and maybe fire it at some helpless individual. But I'm sure he won't engage if challenged by another who also has a gun.

darwin25
01-20-2006, 01:08
Here's my experience with Jethro in Frisco

http://www.glocktalk.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=412567&perpage=25&highlight=Jethro&pagenumber=2

kamelot
01-20-2006, 04:18
We all have horror stories to tell. That's why i always pray to God Almighty for safety en route to the range, specially on the range, and back home...:)

Kiddo
01-20-2006, 06:44
Originally posted by isuzu
Your observation is right! The person I'm talking about would pull a gun at somebody and maybe fire it at some helpless individual. But I'm sure he won't engage if challenged by another who also has a gun.

In that case, all ROs and those who are thinking of ROing should be armed. ;f

PMMA97
01-20-2006, 07:38
Originally posted by Kiddo

Or be wearing one of these:

http://www.firstdefense.com/html/imagePPU.JPG

isuzu
01-20-2006, 18:23
Originally posted by Kiddo

When I shot in a club shoot in TN (courtesy of my brothers), their RO's had pistols holstered with them because they are also competitors. No range boys, just us doing all the job. It was good exercise, though.

Gunstore staff pack pistols when they're manning their shop. No security guards like in the Philippines.

Kiddo
01-20-2006, 23:10
If I work in a gunstore I would also prefer to pack, rather than avail of our local mall ninja services. Just leave em at the main entrances as scarecrows.