Victory BMW in Chandler just lost a sale due to idiotic salesman [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Victory BMW in Chandler just lost a sale due to idiotic salesman

fnfalman
01-19-2006, 17:01
At my recommendation, my sis-in-law went to check out the BMW F650GS Dakar as first choice with the KTM 640 Adventure as second. She told me that the salesman there (she didn't get his name) gave her the disinterested treatment so she went and bought the KTM instead.

I emailed the general manager and told him/her that not only they had lost the sale of a bike, but of helmet, riding gears and accessories due to the stupid attitude of one of their salesman.

Compy
01-19-2006, 18:02
Sounds like good news....

..she didn't buy a BMW! ;f

fnfalman
01-19-2006, 18:32
I personally wouldn't buy the F650GS either. It's like buying a 4-cylinder BMW car.

BikerRN
01-19-2006, 20:05
I'm glad you followed up with an Email so that the stealership can learn why they lost business.

When my wife and I were looking for bikes we had a couple of dealers treat her that way, or talk to me when she asked a question. Needless to say, those dealerships didn't get our business.

When we went to the Ducati dealer we were treated as equals, and the salesman took the time to talk to my wife and look her in the eye when he answered her questions. I told him I was a Harley rider and he never once cut down Harley.

Needless to say, they sold 2 bikes that day, eventhough we bought them about 6 weeks later. It's the little things that can make or break a deal.

I'm happy for your SIL, may she have many happy trouble free and carefree miles. ;c :)

Three-Five-Seven
01-20-2006, 08:00
They're snooty up there. I tried to work with them on my Vanson Jacket many years ago. They were impossible, blaming all their problems on Vanson.

Young punks.

ChaZ
01-22-2006, 23:06
I find that hard to believe... but then again, anything is possible.

When I was looking at bikes at Scottsdale BMW, they were snooty to me because I was a deaf person.

Then I went to Victory BMW and they treated me real nice and as an equal and they were cordial and accomodated all of my questions and needs without any hesitation. That's where I got my 2004 R1100S.

Everytime I stop by Scottsdale BMW, the sales department are still snooty to me, but ironically their service department in back are very friendly and far cheaper than what Victory BMW would charge me for maintenances and installment.

I guess it really depends on which departments to go by with.

-ChaZ

fnfalman
01-23-2006, 09:23
Well, I emailed the general manager and he replied apologizing profusely and wanted for my s-i-l to call him to let him know about the happenstance.

I forwarded the message to her and she can do whatever she can with it. She already bought the KTM but she's still looking for good adventure gears, so who knows. Maybe they'll treat her better if and when she goes back to look at the riding apparels. Or maybe she'll just go to Iron Horse in Tucson.

Anyway, it's stupid for a business or a business representative whose income depending on sales to be snooty to anybody, especially women. How many tales of women walking away from macho gun shop workers have we heard through the years? If I were to own a business, I'd try to sell my product to everybody and their brothers and sisters.

BikerRN
01-23-2006, 10:14
Iron Horse has always treated me good, no complaints there!

I hope your SIL gets at least an apology. A gift certificate for $25 would be better, plus it would get her back in the dealership to spend it.

ChaZ
01-23-2006, 12:45
To be quite honest, I think KTM is far better than F650. KTM have been in dirt bike business longer than BMW and they know their stuff.

I was so in love with their super duke bikes... but I'm happy with my bike now.

-ChaZ

norton
01-23-2006, 17:18
Originally posted by BikerRN
I'm glad you followed up with an Email so that the stealership can learn why they lost business.

When my wife and I were looking for bikes we had a couple of dealers treat her that way, or talk to me when she asked a question. Needless to say, those dealerships didn't get our business.

When we went to the Ducati dealer we were treated as equals, and the salesman took the time to talk to my wife and look her in the eye when he answered her questions. I told him I was a Harley rider and he never once cut down Harley.

Needless to say, they sold 2 bikes that day, eventhough we bought them about 6 weeks later. It's the little things that can make or break a deal.

I'm happy for your SIL, may she have many happy trouble free and carefree miles. ;c :)

If I had a nickel for every dealer who ignored, pouted or acted like they were doing me a favor for even talking to me, I would have a lot of nickels!
I bought most of my bikes from a guy who was an absolute crook. He finally went out of business, but did things like reseal empty crates so when the bank examiner came to check on inventory, he would see the now empty crates and think there were bikes in them.
Why did I buy from him? He made smoking deals on Suzuki's, Yamahas and Triumphs.