Chi master defeated by scientist. [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Chi master defeated by scientist.

Dogbite
01-20-2006, 20:11
I watched a show a while back and thought this was interesting. I believe the show was called, "Super Human Powers", but I'm not really sure. Anyway, they were investigating "chi",and they set out to find anyone who could prove that it existed. The search led them to film a dojo where a sensei claimed to be able to knock people over, push them, or actually knock them out cold by using nothing more than chi power. They filmed several demonstrations, and in them he knocked over several students, and did countless tricks controlling his chi and talking about it. It was very impressive as he made people go unconscious, and moved several people without touching them. Students came from far and wide to learn his techniques and how to use chi. Then they brought in a scientist to watch all the demonstrations. He watched carefully, and after seeing many different acts, he challenged the sensei to a match. The scientist said he would stand still, and let any of the teachers try to move him, or effect him in any way, without touching him, as he had done with many students. The chi master stepped close to him, and raised his hands about one foot from the scientists face. He then strained like crazy trying to effect the scientist. He kept trying over and over as the scientist stood untouched. You guessed it, nothing, followed by more nothing. The teacher said, well, he just doesn't believe in chi, that's why it wont work on him...I know someone is going to ask his name and where his dojo is. I cant remember, but im sure if you search for the show on the internet, you could find it.

GuSpeed
01-21-2006, 14:17
I saw that show. That guy doesn't really know chi. You know it's really rare to find someone who knows how to use chi and in my experience, there no such thing as knocking someone out cold using chi without touch. The most advance chi I've ever seen was this chinese guy who can heat up a towel to 200 degree with his hand about 5 inches away. There are some master who do this to heal people, kind of like heat message.

I'm not bull*****ting either it's really true. There hand can literally smoke, and it's 200 degree. But that knocking out people thing, they are acting. I can't believe people would actually let there sensi tricked them into doing that.

I saw a kung fu demo onces and this guy did a chi blast while his student charged at him and the guy flew back.

It was worst acting at it's best. hahaha. by the way I studied kung fu for 9 years and I have yet to really see someone uses chi knock out stuff.

lethal tupperwa
02-09-2006, 08:39
I have in the past made my hand smoke.

I was showing this to a friend from Beijing,
he very quietly (like a grandfather talking to a small child) said. "in China there are people that make their head smoke".

At the time his head was steaming like a factory:)

gr81disp
02-09-2006, 15:57
Was it maybe this guy?

http://www.bullshido.net/gallery/showphoto.php/photo/816/cat/524

Let the video load. Warning to 56k users.

Dogbite
02-09-2006, 16:32
I have trained in Judo, and Kung Fu, and for the record, I just don't believe in chi. I have seen some impressive displays, but everything I have seen was done through heavy physical conditioning.

lethal tupperwa
02-10-2006, 09:38
"There no nonbelievers in Heaven" either.

Dogbite
02-10-2006, 16:51
If you are referring to the Heaven in the Holy Bible, you are correct. People who do not believe in Jesus Christ will not be in heaven. Since I am a christian, and I do not prescribe to Taoism, I do not believe in "chi".

Bikewer
02-20-2006, 18:37
Any practitioners capable of such feats can quickly pick up a bit of spare cash.

The James Randi Educational Foundation has for many years offered a prize of one million dollars to anyone who can demonstrate paranormal powers of any sort under controlled conditions. "Chi" or "Ki" demonstrations would qualify.

Unfortunately, no one has ever collected any monies whatever.