g35 going auto? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : g35 going auto?

paltic
01-21-2006, 19:15
may problema yung kaibigan ko.. nagdo-double daw yung G35 nya... meron na po bang naka-experience ng ganun? wala naman daw syang pinapalitan pang parts dun ever since.

please help.

tnx
:)

Eye Cutter
01-21-2006, 19:26
hmmm, pareho pala ng problema ni single stacker! his trigger finger's too fast!

;e

isuzu
01-21-2006, 19:46
Happened to my former G17. I was using lead reloads at that time. Wrote Glock HK and told me to send the following to their office in Austria:

1. trigger, trigger bar and spring
2. striker assembly
3. trigger housing with ejector
(fellow BOGs, please feel free to correct me if I named the part is wrong)

They evaluated the parts and told me nothing was wrong. They replaced the parts that I sent with new ones, just to be sure.

When I stopped using lead reloads and started using teflon coated bullets and occasional FMJ, I never had a problem with the pistol.

I suspected that the culprit was the wax from the lead bullets that made some parts sticky.

MR_BIG
01-21-2006, 20:11
it happened to me once, it really went full auto, you know the connector? used a dremel on it, napa sobra yung nipis, it went auto

Django
01-22-2006, 04:12
Do a complete stripdown of your Glock and clean very carefully all the parts especially those in the trigger mechanism area. Also give particular attention to the firing pin and the firing pin channel. I use cotton buds soaked in acetone to do this particular cleaning job.

Happened before to my Glock 19 which went without cleaning for more than a thousand rounds. It went full auto in one club shoot. Scared the s--- out of me. The RO went deathly pale but did not make a call. I stopped on my own accord and did not finish the COF.

Problem did not recur after the thorough cleaning. I now keep tab of the number of rounds thru my pistols and make it a habit to clean them before the thousandth round for good measure.

st. matthew
01-22-2006, 04:40
;P ;P ;P ;P ganun ba yun, haven't had the courage to disassemble the whole thing, pero kailangan pala. thanks for the heads up sir Django

Django
01-22-2006, 05:18
No prob. Buy some manuals or CD's on Glock disassembly. There are quite a lot available. It's gonna be a breeze once you know the mechanics. 1911's are harder to disassemble than Glocks. :)

st. matthew
01-22-2006, 05:29
yes,will certainly do.thanks again sir#wav

Glock4Life
01-22-2006, 05:30
I'm not really a member of this forum and was just passing through so excuse my lack of ability for typing native tongue. I think I can understand the issue here though and the source for repeated bursts is likely improper engagement. I.E. the connector. Doubles can occur with a completely normal weapon from time to time and is often the result of short stroking the trigger so that the reset point is barely achieved. Happens mostly when competitive shooting under time constraints.

You guys have a neat forum here.

Regards,
G4L

Django
01-22-2006, 05:59
Welcome G4L. ;F

Short stroking the trigger? Hmmm . . . Now that you mention it. Never crossed my mind to make a conscious effort of letting the Glock trigger reset fully although I try to be very aware of the barely inaudible click which signals the reset. Thanks for the info. :)

Eye Cutter
01-22-2006, 07:19
stripping the pistol is the easy part. re-assembly is another matter...

;N

Django
01-22-2006, 07:32
That's what big handkechiefs are for, eh Doc? ;f ;f

vega
01-22-2006, 09:02
He is not putting oil on that little hole under the striker is he?

vega

vega
01-22-2006, 09:09
Originally posted by Glock4Life
I'm not really a member of this forum and was just passing through so excuse my lack of ability for typing native tongue.

You guys have a neat forum here.

Regards,
G4L

Welcome to BOGs and thanks for the kind words.
Man I envy your job.

vega

isuzu
01-22-2006, 10:26
Originally posted by vega
He is not putting oil on that little hole under the striker is he?

vega

Happened to a G19 of a schoolmate in HS in the Philippines. I noticed that he was having problems at the range. Bursts of two, failure to ignite, and sometimes fired. When I took out the striker assembly, there was just gunk in the striker channel as well as the extractor. He literally bathed the slide of his G19 in WD-40 when he cleaned it. And he was using lead bullets, too. We bought cotton swabs (to clean the channel)and kerosene and soaked the whole gun in it (we were looking for carb or brake cleaner, but couldn't find one).

Blew out the gunk with compressed air. Everything worked fine after cleaning and he switched to teflon coated bullets.

glck17
01-22-2006, 21:30
Sir Paltic, were you referring to the same guy using a g35 in the level 2 in lingayen? Cause I saw this guy's g35 went full auto.;f

mc_oliver
01-25-2006, 17:11
Has this been fixed? If not, check the trigger bar nose portion that engages the striker tang. Baka na over-polish yung area at naging rounded. That can also cause some slippage sa engagement after recoil causing the gun to go full auto.

Or you can always leave it be. Masarap full auto na glock. Hehehe ;f

paltiq
01-25-2006, 20:51
negative tol, hindi sya sumali sa pangasinan...nilinis ko thoroughly yung gun especially the firing pin mech... super dumi lalo na yung contact areas sa firing pin safety...malamang na nagstucked-up yun kaya minsan full-auto sya.