sight installation [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : sight installation

bertud ng putik
01-23-2006, 21:32
mine is norinco 1911A1 enhanced factory special with a novak (kuno) sight, i might replace it with a wilson nite eye sight. san maganda mag pa install na gunsmith? yung may gamit sana na di maapektuhan yung finish ng baril. tnx!

isuzu
01-23-2006, 21:53
Try asking if the gunsmith has a special tool that "pushes" the rear sights instead of impacting them. There was one guy who tried installing night sights by himself. He placed the slide on a vise and used a punch to install the sights. The inserts broke due to the impact. Back to square one.

infinitecolt
01-23-2006, 22:07
The sights installed by Norinco has a proprietary cut. Since you will be installing Wilson's, a Novak cut will be made. I don't know how they can save your finish if they are going to make a cut. After the installation have it reblued or chrome plated. The norinco finish is junk anyway.

There's a list of gunsmiths somewhere here. You can do the canvassing yourself if ever budget is a concern.

New_comer
01-24-2006, 00:25
What's the best adhesive for fixing a loose rear sight into position? Mine's sliding already with just a slight tap.

jasonub
01-24-2006, 05:53
Originally posted by New_comer
What's the best adhesive for fixing a loose rear sight into position? Mine's sliding already with just a slight tap.

I remember an old smith who cut the dovetail on a 1911 to fit a new rear sight.

So he cuts and removes the slide from the machine. Tries to fit the sight but it wont go in.

Without a word or any measurements, he takes the slide and makes another cut.

Viola now the sight is easy to install. So easy, that when you put it in one side of the frame, it slips right through the other side;g

So he whips out the epoxy....;f ;f ;f

I hope that it was not your gun that he played with. Anyway i dont know what happened next since i got out of that smith and never came back

Eye Cutter
01-24-2006, 06:08
most of the time, mag-partner ang rear and front sight. if you change one, you need to get the right height combination to maintain poa and poi.

not unless, you get an adjustable rear sight like the Bomar.

regarding the finishing, nakadecide ka na ba kung ano papa-refinish mo? black or hard chrome? at kung saan? hahaha!

;e

Eye Cutter
01-24-2006, 06:12
Originally posted by New_comer

use red loctite

New_comer
01-24-2006, 07:25
I hope that it was not your gun that he played with. Anyway i dont know what happened next since i got out of that smith and never came back I doubt it. Virgin pa ito..

well, medyo 'nadonselya' ko naman ito kahit papaano... ;)

Doc EC, is red loctite available at Handyman or Ace hardwares? Ty ulit...

Eye Cutter
01-24-2006, 07:52
i don't know if red is available. usually yung blue or medium strength lang meron sa plumbing section ng ace and true value. kung walang loctite, look for delcon or hernon brands.

sa caloocan nakabili yung kasama namin sa mga hardware sa rizal avenue. rugby rubber cement also works!

bertud ng putik
01-25-2006, 02:04
Originally posted by Eye Cutter
most of the time, mag-partner ang rear and front sight. if you change one, you need to get the right height combination to maintain poa and poi.

not unless, you get an adjustable rear sight like the Bomar.

regarding the finishing, nakadecide ka na ba kung ano papa-refinish mo? black or hard chrome? at kung saan? hahaha!

;e

cguro sa trueweight hardchrome and sight installation pare! tnx!

jasonub
01-25-2006, 06:16
i use industrial epoxy. my cominolli guide rod head unscrewed last year. emailed joe and he said to red locktight it.

I just got some industrial epoxy and cleaned and pasted and rescrewed the head. After 8-10k rounds it never did get loose.

I also use it to stick followers to springs btw. 2700 per gallon set.

Eye Cutter
01-25-2006, 06:49
what?!? 2700! ang mahal naman! wala bang free sample, idol?

RATRAT
01-25-2006, 15:48
(SORRY FOR POSTING QUESTION THIS QUWSTION SA IBANG THREAD)

BOGs,
MgA sIR,me ma re recommend ba kayo na gunsmith na me specific tool para magkabit ng sight sa g17 naka kuha kasi ko ng truglo TFO sight eh la ako alam na me tools for that...nabasa ko kasi sa inyo na di maganda pag pokpok system!

tnx ulit
ART

infinitecolt
01-25-2006, 16:46
ratrat,
gusto mo e dalhin mo kay final option, meron syang tool para dyan.

Eye Cutter
01-25-2006, 17:20
alam ko meron din si jethro glock sight adjustment tool

isuzu
01-25-2006, 18:56
Try this link: http://www.loctite.com/int_henkel/loctite/entry.cfm .

There's a Philippine site in it.

jasonub
01-26-2006, 05:25
I still have a little, just text me ill bring it to our next meeting.

mc_oliver
01-26-2006, 21:26
Originally posted by jasonub
I still have a little, just text me ill bring it to our next meeting.
Ako rin penge konti. Yung lintek ko na front sight nagwi-wiggle na naman. ;( Thanks.

RTMonforte
01-27-2006, 01:26
gandang araw po,

may alam po kayo kung saan me pwedeng makabili ng TDI GIS Mount dito sa manila,

maraming (2x) salamat po

jasonub
01-27-2006, 05:50
Originally posted by mc_oliver
Ako rin penge konti. Yung lintek ko na front sight nagwi-wiggle na naman. ;( Thanks.

BWAHAHHAHAHHAHA!! ;f ;f ;f maybe it was assigned to the machinist on my above post