post office problem [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : post office problem

brawnless
01-26-2006, 03:09
hi,

i have been waiting for a parcel which is almost 1 month overdue already. no notice from the post office yet. i have called the post office in our area but no results. no notice = no action.

is (1) pistol pouch / money bag a banned item? if it is, would the post office just confiscate the item without notice?

it's not the value of the product that is important, just the frustration of dealing with some personnel - or the system. the people would ask for my name, address, and country of origin (of the parcel) - then go back to the "notice" requirement. it's such a small piece of paper that could just be given to anyone and could get lost easily. plus, someone could easily make fake documents and claim on behalf of another.

no tracking number, just an air parcel. is there still some way to find out what happened to the parcel? or does one just charge it to experience?

thanks!

brawnless

Putok-Glock
01-26-2006, 07:21
Have the same problem. I e-mailed the seller who replied they are going to trace the item and notify me as soon as they have something. For now, its wait and see.

riddler
01-26-2006, 07:51
I have a friend in the USPO who told me that packages can be tracked if the US based seller bought tracking service UP TO the point where it is handed down to Philippine Postal System. From then on, they have no way of knowing what happens to it.

MR_BIG
01-26-2006, 08:04
you should have specified UPS;)

vega
01-26-2006, 08:45
Those items are not illegal to send, nakatuwaan lang ng postal employee. Good luck.

vega

charlie-xray
01-26-2006, 09:02
my package was 5 boxes and 250KG, it should have arrived Dec 1 (Sent last Oct 1, 2005) sea shipment takes 35-45 days maximum but it arrived Jan 2, 2006 after 60 days of delay and constant *****-slapping of the broker in Manila, ganyan ka-kupal ang mga tao sa Pilipinas pagka walang padulas or wala silang extrang kikitain sa iyo ang sarap talagang putukan ng mga tarantado.

Sa sobrang kahirapan ng Pilipinas tayong matitinong nagtatrabaho at nagpapaka-hirap ang nagdurusa.

PMMA97
01-26-2006, 13:16
If the package was declared as "pistol pouch" on the airway bill maaring napag interesan nga ;g But I have had no negative experience with the PhilPost, at least here in Olongapo or SBMA.

mtho
01-26-2006, 20:04
what shipping method did they use to send it to you?

try to go to your post office and ask about it there, thats what I did. they gave me a clipboard list of package which arrived to them. and when i found my name they traced the package and released it to me with no hassel. they told me that they already sent out the notice a week before, but until now I have not received any. probably just an honest mistake.

mc_oliver
01-26-2006, 20:10
Originally posted by riddler
I have a friend in the USPO who told me that packages can be tracked if the US based seller bought tracking service UP TO the point where it is handed down to Philippine Postal System. From then on, they have no way of knowing what happens to it.
How much does one need to pay for that?

riddler
01-26-2006, 20:59
I do not know off-hand but check out,

USPS International Extra Services (http://www.usps.com/global/intlspecialservices.htm)

Also on this ==>>>LINK<<<== (http://pe.usps.gov/text/imm/immicl/immiclnr_018.html#vnameref_1), it says that Recorded Delivery is not available to the Philippines but there is a Reciprocal Service, Express Mail Service/EMS that has some sort of insurance. Anyway, I hope that you will find the "price list" on this page useful for future reference.

mc_oliver
01-26-2006, 22:15
Thanks. :)

casmot
01-27-2006, 01:21
Originally posted by charlie-xray
my package was 5 boxes and 250KG, it should have arrived Dec 1 (Sent last Oct 1, 2005) sea shipment takes 35-45 days maximum but it arrived Jan 2, 2006 after 60 days of delay and constant *****-slapping of the broker in Manila, ganyan ka-kupal ang mga tao sa Pilipinas pagka walang padulas or wala silang extrang kikitain sa iyo ang sarap talagang putukan ng mga tarantado.

Sa sobrang kahirapan ng Pilipinas tayong matitinong nagtatrabaho at nagpapaka-hirap ang nagdurusa.

Aray! Where was your shipments' point of origin? What shipping lines did you use? Or was it a freight forwarder? Probably your shipment was consolidated with other cargoes by the shipping line/forwarder. And it usually takes sometime to fill a 20 or 40 footer container especially if they have that much traffic to the Philippines. And that explains the delay. If your shipment arrived Jan. 2, 2006 when were you able to get it?

brawnless
01-27-2006, 02:54
Originally posted by mtho
what shipping method did they use to send it to you?

try to go to your post office and ask about it there, thats what I did. they gave me a clipboard list of package which arrived to them. and when i found my name they traced the package and released it to me with no hassel. they told me that they already sent out the notice a week before, but until now I have not received any. probably just an honest mistake.

they sent it via air mail, usps.

but's that's worth a try. i had no luck having them trace it through phone. i'll try the personal approach. ;f

what location is your post office?

mtho
01-27-2006, 07:19
Originally posted by brawnless
they sent it via air mail, usps.

but's that's worth a try. i had no luck having them trace it through phone. i'll try the personal approach. ;f

what location is your post office?

mine was in nia road in qc. but usually its in cubao but i think it burned down last week.

was it sent via usps express mail or global priority mail? did they declare it as gun part or anything with "gun" on the declaration? because sometime when its declared as that you have to go to the post office near the domestic airport to claim you package. express and registered or insured packages also.

charlie-xray
01-28-2006, 01:47
yes it was consolidated but it was full to the brim by Oct 5 so I was just in time for the container closing (20 footer) pero ang problema talaga is with the broker wala daw pang-lagay "corruption-corruption" Point of origin is Saudi Arabia and it just takes 35 days by SEA.

Originally posted by casmot
Aray! Where was your shipments' point of origin? What shipping lines did you use? Or was it a freight forwarder? Probably your shipment was consolidated with other cargoes by the shipping line/forwarder. And it usually takes sometime to fill a 20 or 40 footer container especially if they have that much traffic to the Philippines. And that explains the delay. If your shipment arrived Jan. 2, 2006 when were you able to get it?

brawnless
02-08-2006, 02:37
Just came back from the post office. One department let me check the records of names. I did not find mine. He referred me to another department and the lady inside looked for my name in her record. She found none. I was about to leave, surprised at such respect and good service when another woman arrived.

Ang taray! She kept on repeating that no notice equals no parcel. All parcels that come in would have a notice... blah, blah, blah. Perhaps she believes that no notice would get lost and would definitely find its way to whoever it is addressed to. ;g

akula
02-08-2006, 04:45
When I need the items 'immediately', I usually ask the vendor to ship it via USPS Express Mail Service. Rather hefty, starting at $25 -- but it can be tracked in the internet and by a Philpost hotline. When I order an item worth more than $100, I ask them to declare in generic form and underdeclare it so that it becomes less attractive. This package usually arrives within 7-10 days at the PO. With the tracking, I would already know that it is in Manila main sorting facility, so I would anticipate that within 2 days, it is already at my local PO.

If I don't need it that fast, USPS Global Priority Mail is next. Their smallest envelope (5x8) is $5 and good only for docs or very small item. Next sizes ranges from $11 to $15. Usually takes two weeks to arrive from ConUS.

Air Parcel takes are rather long time. My airmail (padded bubble envelope) is about 3 weeks, but when it becomes as parcel (small carton or box) it usually takes 4 weeks because it goes to customs for sorting. I've had good experience with my PO, including books and a few small items.

Best would be to get a PO Box and check it out yourself every other day if you're expecting something or once a week if none. Sorting and notices goes direct into it and bypasses the very slow and undermanned walking postmen. Always ask for the tracking number or custom declaration form no (for non EMS).

HTH.

MRV_G17
07-03-2006, 05:51
mga Sir, pahingi po ng advice regarding your experience with our mailing system. i am planning to buy some parts in US. meron po ba ako babayaran panibago tax/charges? ano po ba ang pwedeng maging problema sa delivery sa atin.. maliban sa red tape :)

im thinking of asking the online store to send it using UPS

glock26ph
07-03-2006, 10:06
I have had a lot of bad experiences with our local post office. Whenever I get stuff shipped through USPS, it would most likely get lost, that is why I would always have my orders shipped by courier services like FEDEX, UPS or DHL, they are more expensive than airmail, but at least you'd be sure to receive your packages.

MRV_G17
07-03-2006, 10:18
hi glock26ph,

what items have you purchased? shipping gun accessories (like magwell, sights etc) is OK via DHL/FEDEX? :)

glock26ph
07-04-2006, 08:26
Originally posted by Mr_G19C
hi glock26ph,

what items have you purchased? shipping gun accessories (like magwell, sights etc) is OK via DHL/FEDEX? :)

Sir,

Some years back I was able to order gun magazines, holsters, rifle scopes, laser sights, a bullpup riflestock and even reloading accessories from online dealers in the US. Everything shipped through FEDEX was able to go through customs without any problem. I had one intercepted package - a powder measure for my reloader, this was shipped through UPS, so I always specified to have my stuff shipped by FEDEX. But I haven't tried ordering any gun related stuff since the last presidential elections - mukhang naghigpit na talaga ang customs officers. The last time I ordered gun/shooting related stuff was in 2003, I got a tumbler, bullet puller and a set of reloading dies, but this time I had the order processed and shipped by e2door.com. I tried checking with them last year if they could get me a stock for my rifle but they told me that they no longer ship gun related items.

MRV_G17
07-04-2006, 08:31
very well said and I agree, mahigpit na yata ngayon -:)

thanks for the info glock26ph.