Gun belts? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Gun belts?

Emoore
01-26-2006, 11:22
How many of you ladies wear gun belts? I'm getting my CCW permit soon and kicking around different concealment ideas. IWB looks good but everything I've heard says you need a 1.5in gunbelt. My pants don't have 1.5in belt loops! Just interested in how you solved this problem.

Bogey
01-26-2006, 18:50
<---- Not a woman, but have used a 1 1/4" gun belt before. It worked fine, as I placed the pistol on my hip to gain a little extra support from my *cheek*.;f

LadyG23
01-27-2006, 17:56
I wear men's jeans!

Cat91
01-29-2006, 19:16
I don't use a belt at all. When I carry on the hip I go with one of these Fobus paddle deals. It worked great with my last Glock, and the Colt Gov't Model I've got right now seems to work even better with it. The Colt's thinner so it seems like it's a bit more comfortable. You have to wear a loose shirt over it, tho, like an Oxford, something with a tail to it. This is an OWB rig, of course.

I've been looking at these Tucker "The Answer" things that the guys are all on about lately. Any of you all try one of these?

Miao,Cat

Vic303
01-31-2006, 20:21
IWB with a Sparks VM-II, DW CCO 1911, and a RafterS gunleather 1.5" belt.
www.raftersgunleather.com

Cat, I wish I could afford an Answer...they look really sweet, but I am happy with my VM-II--traditional but VERY comfortable.

-Vicky

Cat91
02-01-2006, 16:56
Comfort is real important. The problem with toting full size guns around in my purse is I get hella shoulder aches. Even the Glock set me off. Little revolvers work great til you get stupid and break 'em ;f But I really like-and trust-the G.M., soooo...gotta find a better alternative.

Miao, Cat

Vic303
02-02-2006, 14:21
Cat, how 'bout an aluminum alloy framed 1911? Springfield's got them.

Cat91
02-03-2006, 17:27
You READ MY MIND!

Actually, now that Hubby is proclaiming his desire for a Government Model after our last two trips to the range, I'm thinking about giving him mine and nabbing a Defender at the next gun show ;f ...which is tomorrow. We shall see. I'm a Colt gal.

My DS made it to Hartford. Let's hope they can help it get better.

Miao, Cat

MrsKitty
02-03-2006, 19:29
Originally posted by Emoore
How many of you ladies wear gun belts? I'm getting my CCW permit soon and kicking around different concealment ideas. IWB looks good but everything I've heard says you need a 1.5in gunbelt. My pants don't have 1.5in belt loops! Just interested in how you solved this problem.

I mainly wear jeans, or colored jeans, and I use a 1 1/2" men's work belt... Never thought about it before!

But then again, I am not a girlie girl :)

DepDuke
02-03-2006, 19:44
Look around at a lot of the makers. There will e somone that makes a thicker than normal 1 1/4" belt for dress purposes and those pants or slacks with smaller loops. I just found a couple of belts on sportmansguide.com. do a search for belts there and see what they have.

Glockgirl26
02-06-2006, 11:59
I prefer the Wilderness Instructor belts for carry, they work fine with jeans. I don't wear much else, like Miss Kitty, I'm not a girlie girl.

Lynn D
02-11-2006, 22:27
As a plus-size girl (18-20), finding a good belt is an issue. Since I am carrying IWB, it's not as hard as I thought. I've been buying men's belts from Marshall's or TJ Maxx. Pretty good. And I carry in front of the seam (about 2 o'clock).

Now, I'm considering more of a "gun belt" as I just got a G19, and I may want to carry in a pancake style holster. I'm thinking I'll need the stability to keep the holster in place.

Unless, of course, any of you ladies has experienced IWB with the G19?

Comments welcome.

Lynn

Patricia
02-12-2006, 10:03
When I wear a gun belt, it is one from the Wilderness. I don't do IWB carry, so that is only when I do open OWB carry.

I have a bit of experience in this, and I can tell you that it is NOT about the size of the belt loops. It is about the sturdiness of the belt first (you don't want a belt that sags under the weight of the gun and holster), and the construction of the holster itself.

Mrs. VR
02-12-2006, 11:11
the ONLY time it's even an issue for me is when I shoot IPSC...since we can't carry here anyway! ;1;1;1;1 ;f

I agree with Patricia though, saggy belt is no good.