$0.25 trigger job ! [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : $0.25 trigger job !

Glock191
01-27-2006, 00:50
Is it a myth or a fact? What i meant is wether the polishing method really help in smoothing the glock's trigger? Let us know the experience of whoever have done it and how did you do that in details !! :)

Django
01-27-2006, 02:46
What is the "polishing method"? What Glock parts do you polish?

jerrytrini
01-27-2006, 02:51
The disconnector, trigger bar etc that tend to contact to another metal part. Use the finest grit of sandpaper. If only I could show you......

Django
01-27-2006, 03:01
Oh OK.

I suppose it would work since you are eliminating friction by polishing contact areas.

Django
01-27-2006, 03:04
Kuyang Jerry -

Arent you supposed to be preparing for your date tonight already?

You will be meeting a lot of "friends" so you better look your best. ;f ;f

Alexii
01-27-2006, 07:05
Yup, tried it on my G19 (sold). It was surprisingly easy to do once you understand the workings of its trigger system. As Jerry mentioned, use the finest grade of sandpaper. In my case, I started with the 600 grit and finished with the 1000 grit. I then used the AUTOSOL brand of polishing compound (from True Value) applied with Q-tips to polish the contact areas of the trigger. Repeat entire process until the contact areas are smooth, shiny, and burr-free.

Be careful not to reshape the parts and take it easy on 'em sandpapers! Slow is good. You can't put metal back on the parts. Good luck!

MR_BIG
01-27-2006, 08:08
Originally posted by Glock191
Is it a myth or a fact? What i meant is wether the polishing method really help in smoothing the glock's trigger? Let us know the experience of whoever have done it and how did you do that in details !! :)

well, did the sandpaper bit with the 3.5 connector, even cut some coils off the striker spring, tested it first on factory ammo, 200rds, no problem, sa reloads medyo may light primer strikes, 2 on every 100 rounds. just keep the striker channel clean. you wont have any problems.

vega
01-27-2006, 08:14
Check for details here:
http://www.alpharubicon.com/mrpoyz/glock/

vega

Django
01-29-2006, 06:28
Sounds good.

Gotta give it a try one of these days. :)

mc_oliver
01-29-2006, 19:48
Originally posted by Django
Sounds good.

Gotta give it a try one of these days. :)
Dre, when that day finally comes, and at the rate that you're shooting, self-polished na yang mga parts mo. ;);f

RATRAT
01-29-2006, 23:18
Sounds good.

Gotta give it a try one of these days.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dre, when that day finally comes, and at the rate that you're shooting, self-polished na yang mga parts mo.

I second the motion,kita ko putok si Sir Django,i think the point of contact between the connector and the trigger bar of his glock is already smooth sa dami at bilis ng putok..;I ..im sure its already smooth and at the right places of contact pa!;+

Taurus
01-30-2006, 00:17
I tried it and it works for me. There is a noticeable smoother trigger pull and is well worth the effort.

batangueno
01-30-2006, 07:02
Originally posted by Taurus
I tried it and it works for me. There is a noticeable smoother trigger pull and is well worth the effort.
Abaaaa nangalikot na rin si atty. ;f

Eye Cutter
01-30-2006, 16:19
antagal naman ng open glock...

Taurus
01-30-2006, 16:46
Originally posted by Eye Cutter
antagal naman ng open glock...

Take it easy. Like I told Gundog, I'm in no hurry to be soundly beaten by Abby and have my machismo scarred for life. What I can promise you is that it won't take me nine years to complete this gun ;). Peace, bro.

Django
01-30-2006, 16:46
;N ;N ;N