PDA

View Full Version : hehe cool game

Allegra
01-27-2006, 08:35
Was that roland sa umpisa?
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-5798950665461262836&q=ipsc

Ersatz0906
01-27-2006, 22:27
tanong lng po. is that a real gun? kasi he was shooting inside a building full of people in his side watching...hindi ba delikado yun?

Ersatz0906
01-27-2006, 22:31
hehehe sorry airsoft pala, my bad...

Benj
01-27-2006, 22:33
Airsoft na IPSC ata yan, quite popular in HongKong

bulm540
01-28-2006, 00:22
Cool, We will be doing that when ping wins.

vega
01-28-2006, 00:28
Originally posted by bulm540
Cool, We will be doing that when ping wins.
LOL ;a ;a ;a
May balak bang tumakbo?

vega

Allegra
01-28-2006, 00:29
I was pretty active sa IPSC during Lacson's term as PNP chief
Naghigpit lang naman when the blind guy was given a PTC
Otherwise, I was attending matches every week , he didnt interfere

Django
01-28-2006, 03:13
Originally posted by Allegra
. . . he didnt interfere

As Chief PNP he called for a meeting of all gun club presidents. I was one of those lucky (or unlucky) to attend. He made the following announcements:

1. All PTC's will not be renewed upon their expiry.
2. No more PTC's will be issued (but he did issue a few to a couple of friends of his boss).
3. There will be no more limit (one long/one short) to the number of FA's a civilian can possess as long as he is a gun club member but the FA's in excess of the limit will now be licensed under the name of the gun club and that these should be kept in the vault of the gun club and not brought home by the user/member. And that the club president will be answerable for these firearms.
4. Gun club members can still enjoy their sport by getting PTT's.
5. Gun club presidents should police their own ranks by reporting members who possess unlicensed FA's or those who bring guns to the range without the proper PTT's.
6. Personally he does not want anyone to bring any firearm outside their residence and that as a rule, gun club members should deposit their FA's in the gun club's vault and not bring them home with them.

You can imagine the effect of his pronouncements on the club presidents although some of these were never really put into effect.

One brave club president asked him point blank what his plans are for the loose firearms in the hands of MILF and MNLF fighters in Mindanao.

He just smiled uncomfortably and said that they have a program for that too. ;g

Allegra
01-28-2006, 04:35
Originally posted by Django
As Chief PNP he called for a meeting of all gun club presidents. I was one of those lucky (or unlucky) to attend. He made the following announcements:

1. All PTC's will not be renewed upon their expiry.
2. No more PTC's will be issued (but he did issue a few to a couple of friends of his boss).
3. There will be no more limit (one long/one short) to the number of FA's a civilian can possess as long as he is a gun club member but the FA's in excess of the limit will now be licensed under the name of the gun club and that these should be kept in the vault of the gun club and not brought home by the user/member. And that the club president will be answerable for these firearms.
4. Gun club members can still enjoy their sport by getting PTT's.
5. Gun club presidents should police their own ranks by reporting members who possess unlicensed FA's or those who bring guns to the range without the proper PTT's.
6. Personally he does not want anyone to bring any firearm outside their residence and that as a rule, gun club members should deposit their FA's in the gun club's vault and not bring them home with them.

You can imagine the effect of his pronouncements on the club presidents although some of these were never really put into effect.

One brave club president asked him point blank what his plans are for the loose firearms in the hands of MILF and MNLF fighters in Mindanao.

He just smiled uncomfortably and said that they have a program for that too. ;g

I guess our gunclub president fell asleep or forgot to tell me that
Nung time na yun kulang nalang pati weekdays my putok
Last part of the year , every 2 weeks may level 3 luzvimin

bulm540
01-28-2006, 07:28
Wasn't he quoted as saying in an interview that if it was up too him " no guns for Civis" only police and military should have it. Maybe I am wrong but I don't trust the guy or gal.

isuzu
01-28-2006, 17:04
I don't want to sound pessimistic, but if he gets to sit as president, prime minister, or whatever, it will be back to square one for our country's economy. Foreign investors will shy away, and as for our guns, I don't know what would happen to them.

I'm sure our fellow BOGS who sell guns for a living will be affected a lot if he sits as president.

Allegra
01-29-2006, 05:14
I have to disagree :) I think magkaka displina dito

batangueno
01-29-2006, 07:13
I have to disagree :) I think magkaka displina dito
Parang nung martial law? ;f

Django
01-29-2006, 07:25
Sa ika-uunlad nang bayan disiplina ang kailangan. ;f ;f

batangueno
01-29-2006, 07:31
Di ba bisikleta. ;f

Allegra
01-29-2006, 08:00
Originally posted by batangueno
Parang nung martial law? ;f

sorry , toddler pa lang ako nun nyahahaha

batangueno
01-29-2006, 08:03
Na-kwento lang sa 'kin yun. ;f

Allegra
01-29-2006, 08:52

Just like one of my fave places , Singapore :)

isuzu
01-29-2006, 12:46

Singapore is progressive and peaceful, alright. I admire how Singapore "controls" its people. Even bubblegum/chewing gum isn't allowed there. On the downside, people can't express their sentiments or "Big Brother" will take care of them.

But one thing I disagree on that state is that it is being run by a family or it's "appointed" prime minister. I recall after Lee Kuan Yew stepped down, there was somebody who became prime minister that was not a family member. A few years later, Lee's son took over.

bulm540
01-29-2006, 18:31
Wow, it looks like we have a short memory. Martial law was OK at first but after greed took over, then it took us 20 years to depose the dictatorship. NEVER AGAIN, NEVER.

Django
01-29-2006, 18:56
Originally posted by bulm540
Wow, it looks like we have a short memory. Martial law was OK at first but after greed took over, then it took us 20 years to depose the dictatorship. NEVER AGAIN, NEVER.

+1

vega
01-29-2006, 19:11
+2

vega

Allegra
01-29-2006, 19:45
So anyone have a better suggestion?
Yung practical lang ha , hindi yung "I wish magbago na ang Pilipinas" speech I see all the time sa net

I just base my decisions sa observations ko sa mga lugar na I'd like to live
Kwan Yu's Singarore , Duterte's Davao , BF's Marikina etc.
I doubt Duterte or LKY would run for Pres, so it's Ping or BF for me

Allegra
01-29-2006, 19:49
So anyone have a better suggestion?
Yung practical lang ha , hindi yung "I wish magbago na ang Pilipinas" speech I see all the time sa net
Pinoy's cant handle freedom yet , parang doggie na nakatakas sa kulungan :)

I just base my decisions sa observations ko sa mga lugar na I'd like to live
Kwan Yu's Singarore , Duterte's Davao , BF's Marikina etc.
I doubt Duterte or LKY would run for Pres, so it's Ping or BF for me

isuzu
01-29-2006, 21:09
I think what the Filipino (or any individual, for that matter) needs is SELF-DISCIPLINE, and not somebody who acts as a big brother to discipline us.

Allegra
01-29-2006, 22:00
Originally posted by isuzu
I think what the Filipino (or any individual, for that matter) needs is SELF-DISCIPLINE, and not somebody who acts as a big brother to discipline us.

That's pretty obvious
And it's also wishful thinking
I prefer reality , and that is Kamay na Bakal

jasonub
01-30-2006, 05:46
for the fatherland! (hitler)

power corrupts. absolute power corrupts, absolutely.- forgot where who said it.

and another

With great power comes great responsibility- peter parkers father and manny paquaio.

the formers fiction the latter reality. So its Manny for president;f ;f ;f

Django
01-30-2006, 06:11
;z ;z ;z

Allegra
01-30-2006, 07:38
Yan ang tinatawag na the cure is worse than the illness :)
Anyway , it's not my idea
It was Lee Kwan Yu who said we're suffering from too much democracy
Cant argue w/ success

SMBeerDealer
01-30-2006, 20:45
If we'd just look at our successful Asian neighbors, are there any of them who are true democracies?

Think my vote goes to Ping too.

jasonub
01-31-2006, 00:05
ping has already proven himself capable but he is anti gun ala hitler. Only those in uniform(those he can control) should have guns.

Bayani also has proven himself. And allows Armscor to operate in peace during his time and his wife's time(today)

Bayani for me:)

Manny for president!!!;f

Django
01-31-2006, 07:53

Ah yes, Singapore is a fine city. You pay a fine for anything and everything you do. ;f

For starters -

1. $200 fine for accidentaly ;P breeding mosquitoes in or around your home.
2. $200 fine if any of your passengers (including those at the back of the car) do not use a seatbelt. ;g
3. $500 for chewing gum.
4. $10,000 for possession of firecracker.

Consider the following also -

1. To buy a car, you have to bid for a Certificate of Entitlement from the government, without which you cannot buy a car.
2. 12 year old cars (termed as time expired vehicles) must be scrapped totally.
3. Reporters Sans Frontieres ranked Singapore as 140th of 167 countries in terms of freedom of the press.
4. There are only 3 Internet Service Providers in the country and subject to strict regulation by the Media Development Authority (Read: the police can intercept messages online and block websites they consider as threats to national security and national defense).
5. Section 377 of the Singapore Penal Code bans oral sex except as a precursor to conventional intercourse. ;P
6. Singapore has the highest execution rate in the world relative to population.
7. Section 216 of the Singapore Criminal Code provides that when a person is sentenced to death, he shall be hanged by the neck till dead but the place, time and date of the execution shall not be announced.
8. Darshan Singh, Chief Executioner of Singapore said he has already executed 850 people during his service.

On guns and knives -

1. Section 6 of the Arms Offence Act classifies as a capital offence (punishable by hanging) Trafficking in Arms which is defined as being in unlawful possession of two arms (not necessarily firearms but arms only).
2. Illegal possession of firearms carry a penalty of 5-10 years imprisonment and 6 strokes of a cane.
3. Unlawful carry of a firearm mets out a penalty of 5-14 years imprisonment and 6 strokes of a cane.
4. Any person found in the company of another unlawfully carrying or is in in unlawful possession of a firearm
is presumed to know that the other person is carrying and shall be equally guilty.

Singapore, you say. ;Q

Thanks but no thanks. :)

For other interesting facts about Singapore Laws, visit www.en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Laws_of_Singapore

Allegra
01-31-2006, 09:10
Then I wonder why people choose to live there
Singaporeans do not even need a visa to go to the US daw, so why do they choose to stay

Consider our beloved country
Madami freedoms , bakit andami umaalis?

Pero ayoko na rin, masyado na hindi makatarungan yang section 377 na yan

Django
01-31-2006, 18:10
Hahaha. ;f

bass one
01-31-2006, 19:38
1. $200 fine for accidentaly breeding mosquitoes in or around your home.The government takes care of everything outside your home (i.e. weekly fumigation, twice a week drain cleaning, etc.) it's your responsibility to keep your home clean.

2. $200 fine if any of your passengers (including those at the back of the car) do not use a seatbelt. .plus, passenger not wearing seatbelt pays $120 fine. But why not wear a seatbelt when it's for your own protection?
3. $500 for chewing gum. They are easing their law on this in relation to helping smokers quit.
4. $10,000 for possession of firecracker.Yes, very quiet here...except on the 9th of August, Singapore day when the event culminates in a 15+ minutes of fireworks display.

Consider the following also -

1. To buy a car, you have to bid for a Certificate of Entitlement from the government, without which you cannot buy a car.
2. 12 year old cars (termed as time expired vehicles) must be scrapped totally. Singapore is very small, doubling the cost of a car thru COE is one way of controlling number of vehicles, so the gov't earns while getting the desired effect. COE of 10 yr old cars increase, I think. This is to make sure that your car is in excellent condition always. Anyway, transport system here is excellent!

3. Reporters Sans Frontieres ranked Singapore as 140th of 167 countries in terms of freedom of the press.Yup. And any comments against the gov't will almost always land you in court...I won't say anything anymore ;f

4. There are only 3 Internet Service Providers in the country and subject to strict regulation by the Media Development Authority (Read: the police can intercept messages online and block websites they consider as threats to national security and national defense).Bloggers beware!
5. Section 377 of the Singapore Penal Code bans oral sex except as a precursor to conventional intercourse.C'mon Guys? Do you really believe this will be imposed?
6. Singapore has the highest execution rate in the world relative to population. .We always complain about injustice in the Philippines, that criminals get away with their crimes...

7. Section 216 of the Singapore Criminal Code provides that when a person is sentenced to death, he shall be hanged by the neck till dead but the place, time and date of the execution shall not be announced.Iwas lobbying ba...
8. Darshan Singh, Chief Executioner of Singapore said he has already executed 850 people during his service.Wouldn't want to be in his shoes...

On guns and knives -

1. Section 6 of the Arms Offence Act classifies as a capital offence (punishable by hanging) Trafficking in Arms which is defined as being in unlawful possession of two arms (not necessarily firearms but arms only).
2. Illegal possession of firearms carry a penalty of 5-10 years imprisonment and 6 strokes of a cane.
3. Unlawful carry of a firearm mets out a penalty of 5-14 years imprisonment and 6 strokes of a cane.
4. Any person found in the company of another unlawfully carrying or is in in unlawful possession of a firearm
is presumed to know that the other person is carrying and shall be equally guilty
.Except for the last one, I believe it is justifiable. just goes to show that they mean business when they imposed these laws. Anyway, you would not need a gun here! You can always join a gunclub (pretty expensive, though) if you want to compete in IPSC.

In addition, if you get into a fight NEVER EVER break a bone in your opponents body EVEN for self defense. In court, the person who got the worst damage almost always wins.

I'm neither defending nor putting down Singapore. Just speaking from experience. The culture here is that people are disciplined because they are afraid of the law which is imposed. There are fines and penalties for almost everything because PEOPLE WON'T FOLLOW IF THERE IS NO PRESCRIBED LAW on a particular matter...Kumbaga sa larong kalye ng basketbol, walang honesty-honesty sa foul kung walang referee. You have to take my word on this.

LKY doesn't call it martial law, rather a controlled democracy.

isuzu
01-31-2006, 19:41
Delikado yang section 377 na yan!;f

Allegra
01-31-2006, 19:48
Good 1st hand perpective fafa Bass one

Fascinating ang story ng Singapore sa Discovery channel
Mahirap icriticize if it worked so well for them

Pero , isusumbong kita hindi ka pala sumusunod sa section 377!! hehe

cheers

jasonub
01-31-2006, 19:59
also iirc according to mco who will eventually move to singapore. gun will remain in gunclub at all times. wala din ata outdoor range. Wala din competitions maybe once a month.

They compete going to malaysia ata. Want good freedom and laws for guns? USA is the place to be. Not much umaalis to look for jobs in other countries and they have our freedom

bass one
01-31-2006, 20:00
I try to bring back to the Philippines the discipline I have developed here. The sad thing is, pagdating talaga sa pinas ako pa ang masama! Just take for example keeping the intersection open and letting cars from sidestreets slip into the main road especially when it's traffic. Or slowing down/stopping to let pedestrians cross on the zebra line. Sangkatutak na busina maririnig mo sa likuran mo, minsan may kasama pang mura! ;1

isuzu
01-31-2006, 20:44
Originally posted by bass one
I try to bring back to the Philippines the discipline I have developed here. The sad thing is, pagdating talaga sa pinas ako pa ang masama! Just take for example keeping the intersection open and letting cars from sidestreets slip into the main road especially when it's traffic. Or slowing down/stopping to let pedestrians cross on the zebra line. Sangkatutak na busina maririnig mo sa likuran mo, minsan may kasama pang mura! ;1

I hate when people do that! Even here in Canada. Sus, just like the Philippines (at least they keep intersections open). I was shocked on how people drive when we moved here. Very different from the US. A lot of drivers don't respect pedestrians. When the "Prepare to Stop" light (which is about 400 meters away from the traffic light) is flashing, they ignore it and stop at the last minute. At Deerfoot Trail, the speed limit is 100 kph, but people will honk their horn on you and give you strange stares if you follow the speed limit. Even if it's snowing, they still go for the maximum speed limit. I just laugh at them.

bulm540
01-31-2006, 21:53
I thought for sure you were taking about Nashville. Here, when it rains or snows it means to go faster.

Allegra
01-31-2006, 22:09
Originally posted by bass one

Pards, wag ka magpapadala sa kanila
Do what is right , yun ang kulang dito eh
Kaya kahit busina kami ng busina sa likod mo , wag mo kami pansinin

bass one
02-01-2006, 00:29
Pards, wag ka magpapadala sa kanila
Do what is right , yun ang kulang dito eh
Kaya kahit busina kami ng busina sa likod mo , wag mo kami pansinin Hinding hindi talaga ako magpapadala...pakiusap lang...wag niyo na kong murahin ng malakas, yung kayo na lang nakakarinig...;f