Best handgun & service [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Best handgun & service

turtle03
01-29-2006, 01:40
Here in the Philippines, which handguns would have the best service and support locally? For example, if you were to get a Glock, would you be able to bring it down to a local gunsmith and get it fixed easily and would parts be available locally for it? How about a CZ? Or would something like an Armscor be best here? What's your advice? Thanks!

batangueno
01-29-2006, 06:23
The 1911 (any brand) would have the best support locally. For the glock, you don't have to bring it to a gunsmith since you won't need to fix anything. ;f

vega
01-29-2006, 09:48
So you finally did it.
+1 on Batangueno.

vega

isuzu
01-29-2006, 11:38
You won't go wrong with a 1911 in the Philippines. Parts are abundant. If there's none available, a good gunsmith can make one, like my gunsmith who made me a firing pin stop from a leaf spring (preferrably from a Hino or Isuzu truck) when my Norinco firing pin stop cracked.

Also, a lot of gunsmiths know how to tinker with the 1911. It's just a matter of choosing who is the most knowlegeable and has the right tools.

turtle03
01-29-2006, 17:22
If you did get a Glock, do you think you could get parts for it and get it repaired locally? Or would you need to ship it out of the country?

Are there 1911 style handguns here in 9mm?

isuzu
01-29-2006, 18:09
Originally posted by turtle03
If you did get a Glock, do you think you could get parts for it and get it repaired locally? Or would you need to ship it out of the country?

Are there 1911 style handguns here in 9mm?

When I still had my Glocks, I was the one who removed and installed the parts when my Glock 17 went full auto. I sent Glock the parts and they replaced them. The only areas that I wasn't able to touch on my Glocks were the slide release and mag release.

There are 1911 handguns in 9mm. Armscor has them, as well as Norinco Springfield Armory, and Para Ordnance. I'm not sure if Rock Island Armory have them now. They were contemplating on building 1911s in 9mm when I talked to Angie Topacio before I left.

You may want to ask around regarding the reliability of 1911s in 9mm. My brother once told me that Para Ords in 9mm that were used in Production Division were somehow finicky with bullets. .45 ACP and .38 Super have almost the same overall length as opposed to the 9mm which is a little bit shorter. You may need to adjust your bullet's overall length should you decide to use 9mm.

clark_kent
01-29-2006, 19:21
with the CZs, u can bring it to PB Dionisio located at Roces Ave, QC. they should have most of the CZs parts available