Mang Dolpo's Niece [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Mang Dolpo's Niece

Young Once
01-29-2006, 19:10
Have any of you guys heard of Mang Dolpo's (formerly of Northstar) niece, Coset, who runs a gunsmithing outfit near the location of Tony Pascual's? I'm building a gun and she came highly recommended by Mang Dolpo. Never had any experience with her outfit, though. If any of you have had any experience with her work, I sure would appreciate the feedback! Thanks one and all!

horge
01-29-2006, 20:23
Good Lord, don't leave it hanging like that! :)
Post a phone number at least.

bokbok_05
01-29-2006, 20:36
san na ba si mang dolpo ngayon?

Young Once
01-29-2006, 20:44
He now works for a security agency based at the Catleya Building on Salcedo Street. You can reach him through cell no. 09162649222. You may also try his residence number (although i'm not sure if this is still ok) at 292-5778.

Horge, is this the phone number you were referring to? :-)

bokbok_05
01-29-2006, 20:50
thanks, Young Once. one more thing, puede ba magpagawa sa kanya sa office niya o sa bahay? TIA.

Young Once
01-29-2006, 20:53
You're welcome! From what I know, di sya pwede tumanggap sa office, since private employee sya. But he does appointments, usually after office hours or weekends. He also does home service now, from what I gather.

horge
01-29-2006, 21:35
Originally posted by Young Once
He now works for a security agency based at the Catleya Building on Salcedo Street. You can reach him through cell no. 09162649222. You may also try his residence number (although i'm not sure if this is still ok) at 292-5778.

Horge, is this the phone number you were referring to? :-)

:)
I already had Mang D's number, and was trying to save a call or two.

I was talking about a contact number for his niece Cosette(?): the geographic reference point (Tony Pascual's shop) has moved some distance, and I'm not sure if the rough description of where her shop is, takes this into account. It's not a lot of fun trying a house-to-house along the QC-Manila border.

:)h.

Chie
01-29-2006, 22:11
I went to the shop of a.p. pascual last sat to get a quotation for a job.

Their address is 36 Mariveles St. cor Dapitan Q.C. tel is 7417243, the sisters that are running the place are Cosette and Margie Pascual.

Just dont bring an SUV or any wide wheelbase cars going to their place coz the St. is sooooooo narrow!

;f

Allegra
01-29-2006, 22:40
Sounds family. What does Cosette look like?

Young Once
01-29-2006, 22:49
Horge, sorry, pero di ko din kasi alam yung address and phone number nila. Anyway, Chie has already provided us the needed info.

To Chie, have you had any past experience with them, and would you recommend them?

Thanks.

Chie
01-29-2006, 23:41
Originally posted by Allegra
Sounds family. What does Cosette look like?

I only met Margie eh! Her answers seems straight and honest to goodness about the questions I had asked her on the job I wanted for my gun. She's cute ;f

Horge, sorry, pero di ko din kasi alam yung address and phone number nila. Anyway, Chie has already provided us the needed info.

To Chie, have you had any past experience with them, and would you recommend them?

Thanks.

No experience with their work amigo, though Margie said that Jun Gino gets his pistolas serviced at their shop. :)

Young Once
01-29-2006, 23:48
Thanks again Chie. Hope that other BOG's who have had an experience with their work can enlighten me!

MDAP713
01-30-2006, 01:21
Young Once,

I had good experience in having my Colt M1991 A1 ORM done by the shop of the Pascual sisters. I am satistified with their works, the gunsmith is Arnold. I always deal with Marge, I saw Cossette only once in the shop.

Below are some of the works done with my 1911.

Mounting of Bomar sight
Dovetail front sight
Serration front slide
Magwell
Trigger Job
Match barrel
Black Chrome
Front grip checkering

I hope this help in your inquiry.

MDAP713

Young Once
01-30-2006, 02:05
MDAP713, thanks for your input, it will surely help me in making my decision.

Young Once.

Namron
01-30-2006, 07:12
Whom would you prefer to fix/customized your gun, MANG DOLPO or COL. BAYANG?

Thanks!

isuzu
01-30-2006, 19:02
pardon my ignorance, but is AP Pascual, Tony Pascual also? Do they have a store in their shop where you can buy parts over the counter?

Thanks!

Young Once
01-30-2006, 19:52
Namron, insofar as fixing guns are concerned, OK si Mang Dolpo. Okay din naman si Col. Bayang as I had one of my guns completed by him a long time ago. As far as I'm concerned, though, medyo inconvenient puntahan si Col. Bayang kasi malayo sa office ko yung shop nya at talagang kelangan sadyain. His advantage is that complete ang gamit nya. But both of them do good work.

For the other BOG's I'd like to ask this question, I'm building a gun on a tight budget. Complete na yung parts sa taas. Yung receiver na lang. I plan to use Armscor parts where I can save. Can you suggest what Armscor Parts I can use for the receiver and what parts I should'nt scrimp on?

Thanks to one and all!!!

Namron
01-30-2006, 20:53
Young Once,

Thank you for your reply! So, ok lang sa akin Col. Bayang coz' his shop is close to mine in Pateros.

namron

Allegra
01-30-2006, 21:34
Namron, insofar as fixing guns are concerned, OK si Mang Dolpo. Okay din naman si Col. Bayang as I had one of my guns completed by him a long time ago. As far as I'm concerned, though, medyo inconvenient puntahan si Col. Bayang kasi malayo sa office ko yung shop nya at talagang kelangan sadyain. His advantage is that complete ang gamit nya. But both of them do good work.

For the other BOG's I'd like to ask this question, I'm building a gun on a tight budget. Complete na yung parts sa taas. Yung receiver na lang. I plan to use Armscor parts where I can save. Can you suggest what Armscor Parts I can use for the receiver and what parts I should'nt scrimp on?

Thanks to one and all!!!

Di ko ma-gets, do you mean the hammer, trigger assembly etc?
Why armscor parts?
Have your gunsmith build it. Mas maganda pa and libre pa fitting

Young Once
01-30-2006, 21:51
Allegra, yup, I meant the receiver parts. Trigger, hammer, grip and thumb safeties, mainspring housing, etc. I was told by someone that okay naman daw armscor parts, but there are some armscor parts I should't use, such as the thumb safety and the sear spring, but I'm not sure if this is true. And considering my tight budget, it seemed like a good idea to use Atmscor parts where I can, and branded parts for those where I can't. Yun nga lang, I don't really know what parts to scrimp on and what parts to really spend on. :-)

Thanks again!

Allegra
01-30-2006, 22:25
Allegra, yup, I meant the receiver parts. Trigger, hammer, grip and thumb safeties, mainspring housing, etc. I was told by someone that okay naman daw armscor parts, but there are some armscor parts I should't use, such as the thumb safety and the sear spring, but I'm not sure if this is true. And considering my tight budget, it seemed like a good idea to use Atmscor parts where I can, and branded parts for those where I can't. Yun nga lang, I don't really know what parts to scrimp on and what parts to really spend on. :-)

Thanks again!

Ah ok
Wag na Armscor, the triggers, hammer etc can be built by a reliable gunsmith. Libre pa ang kabit sa baril

My competition gun had it's trigger, magwell , mag release , front sight , guide rod, firing pin etc built by Metrillo.
Mas maganda pa sa imported kasi they can build it to yur specs
Cost cheaper kasi libre install

Young Once
01-30-2006, 22:47
Thanks, Allegra! That's something I haven't thought of. I will give it a try!!!

Namron
01-30-2006, 23:12
Guys,

Is it true that Sear Spring doesn't have much effect on the unit even you change it to a good/imported brand? So, why do you think col. Bayang is suggesting me to change the sear spring of my .40cal Armscor unit? Sabi nya, I should change it to STI brand,kasi daw di maganda ginamit na material ng Armscor. I can change it, but with purpose dapat di bah?

Thanks!!!

mc_oliver
01-30-2006, 23:14
Ok yung armscor sear spring. Yung akin umabot din ng mga 16K rounds bago ko nabali.;f So go slow when bending it.

About the only thing you probably need to replace is the armscor sear. Madali mabiyak and doesn't hold a sharp edge.;)

Namron
01-30-2006, 23:26
mc_oliver,

Musta na sir? Nabili mo kursunada mo sa Gunshow?
Sabi kasi col. Bayang when he adjust the trigger-pull, palitan ko daw STI sear spring kasi hindi asero gamit ng Armscor. So, balik uli ako Gunshow, sabi squires NO BIG DIFFERENCE even I changed it. Ok naman unit ko, siguro paguwi ko sa March puede ako makijoin sa funshoot nyo, dumating na rin 2 mec-gar magazines ko at di na ako manghihiram. What is SEAR? Naka 16k rounds ka na sa unit mo?
Nakaka-excite pumutok if always consistent ang target, pag layu-layo ang tama mas masarap pa matulog!!!

Thanks,
namron

mc_oliver
01-31-2006, 00:00
Hehe, STI sear spring is good and armscor doesn't even come close. But at this point mas maganda buhos mo muna sa bala yung pera mo. ;)

Yep, 16K rounds was several months ago pa. I think I've clocked about 21K plus rounds sa akin. I'm trying my best to break it para mey dahilan na ako kumuha ng bago. Kaso, mauubos yata muna pera ko bago magyari 'to kasi until now mahigpit pa rin at wala'ng binago compared to when it was new.

Regarding the sear, it's that moon-shaped thingy that mates with the hammer. Mataas yung wear sa part na 'to kaya kelangan mo ng matibay na bakal for it.

Namron
01-31-2006, 01:27
Anyway,you are expert on these with 21k rds!! Nagpapareload ka? Iniipon ko kasi mga basyo ko ng FMJ for future reloading. I will just follow your footsteps. Sayang nga di ko nakita unit mo at napakita ko rin muna unit ko sa iyo for your comments & suggestions.

Thanks,
namron

Young Once
01-31-2006, 01:51
Mc_Oliver, what brand of sear would you recommend?

Thanks.

hnard
01-31-2006, 05:17
Wala na nga si Mang Dolpo sa Northstar which is now Armscor pala. I was there last week and tried their .40 high cap at masarap iputok. Ok ang management at makapal na ang target paper :). Di ko alam kung related sa thread 'to but just wanted to share kasi surprised ako sa performance ng Armscor.

mc_oliver
01-31-2006, 08:26
Personal preference, in order of preference; EGW hard sear, STI, colt ultrahard sear.

As for reloading, it's the only available option for me to be able to shoot as much. ;)

Eye Cutter
01-31-2006, 08:50
EGW hard sear, EGW disconnector, Doug Koenig Hammer

or Extreme Engineering-Cylinder and Slide Ultralight hammer set

Chie
01-31-2006, 19:01
Originally posted by Eye Cutter
EGW hard sear, EGW disconnector, Doug Koenig Hammer

or Extreme Engineering-Cylinder and Slide Ultralight hammer set

EC,

What trigger goup do you have on your para? EE ba yon?

Young Once
01-31-2006, 19:54
Mc_Oliver and Eye Cutter, thanks for the info!

batangueno
02-01-2006, 00:09
Mahihirapan ka maghanap ng EGW or EE na sear locally. Your best chance would be the STI sear. The Wilson A-2 sear (made of tool steel) is also good, haven't experienced problems in my para.

Young Once
02-01-2006, 00:26
Batangueno, would you know around how much the STI Sear and/or the Wilson A-2 sear costs?

batangueno
02-01-2006, 00:46
Sa STI, you can try to call True Weight. Sa Wilson, try to call Twin Pines.

Young Once
02-01-2006, 00:51
Maraming Salamat Po!!! I'll call them later today. :-)

Eye Cutter
02-01-2006, 04:09
Chie: Extreme Engineering lightspeed hammer set gamit ko sa Para and SPS pistols

Young Once
02-01-2006, 04:44
Gud p.m. to all. Pwede ko po bang malaman if there is really any diference in performance between a four pronged sear spring and the regular three pronged one?

Thanks.

Eye Cutter
02-01-2006, 05:11
sabi nung isang gunsmith dito sa pinas, the 4 prong sear is for .45 cal. pistols. not really sure if true but i've seen a lot of clark 4 finger sear springs that jumped out of .40 cal ipsc pistols.

mc_oliver
02-01-2006, 10:47
Gud p.m. to all. Pwede ko po bang malaman if there is really any diference in performance between a four pronged sear spring and the regular three pronged one?

Thanks.
The four-fingered sear spring needs extra tuning technique to get it adjusted just right. Done right, you get the benefit of having a separate pressure "curve" for the trigger's take-up slack without affecting the disconnect-reset pressure "curve". Kumbaga, pede mo lakasan yung take-up pressure at bawasan yung reset pressure, so you don't feel the reset "click". Personally, I prefer a strong reset.

A few things can go wrong with the 4-fingers if you do not know what you're doing. Pede mag full-auto yung baril mo (not that it's entirely bad, ask singlestacker ;f) or pede 'di mag-disconnect baril mo. Worse is the 2nd finger tutukod sa disconnector leg binding the slide during recoil.

For us IPSC shooters, it really doesn't matter which one you use as long as reliable yung trigger group mo. The three-finger spring is the easiest to tune at since malaki yung middle finger, matagal mamatay. ;)

Young Once
02-01-2006, 20:03
Maraming salamat po sa inyong dalawa (Mc-Oliver and Eye Cutter) talagang madami akong natututunan dito. More power to you and sana we can get a chance to meet each other in person.

SoulKing06
02-02-2006, 03:42
Hello Guys! Just joined the G-talk site recently. Was elated to see that there is a group of pinoys in this forum. Sorry kung nakikigulo but seems like you guys know a lot of local gunsmiths, would you know an HK armorer sa Manila? Pa lighten sana ako ng trigger sa P2000SK. Any lead would help. thanks in advance

infinitecolt
02-05-2006, 14:29
Originally posted by SoulKing06
Hello Guys! Just joined the G-talk site recently. Was elated to see that there is a group of pinoys in this forum. Sorry kung nakikigulo but seems like you guys know a lot of local gunsmiths, would you know an HK armorer sa Manila? Pa lighten sana ako ng trigger sa P2000SK. Any lead would help. thanks in advance

It is a very good and expensive gun, why mess with it? There are no HK armorers in the country. The gunsmiths will do a trial and error on your gun and probably end up with a messed up unit.

Django
02-05-2006, 16:52
If it aint broke, dont fix it. I find the trigger pull of HK's just right for carry guns. Unless you'd want to use your gun in IPSC competitions.

Young Once
02-05-2006, 19:25
Good morning one and all! Does anyone know if a complete pin set, sold as a rebuild kit, should already include the lock and spring for the mag catch release and what is a better brand, Ed Brown or Chip McCormick? Thanks a lot!!

Allegra
02-05-2006, 22:11
Good morning one and all! Does anyone know if a complete pin set, sold as a rebuild kit, should already include the lock and spring for the mag catch release and what is a better brand, Ed Brown or Chip McCormick? Thanks a lot!!

Best mag catch release is made by Boy Tolentino of Bicol

charlie-xray
02-07-2006, 07:19
I lived there once, house #18 apartment along Mariveles ilang kanto bago mag-ping ping lechon.

Originally posted by Chie
I went to the shop of a.p. pascual last sat to get a quotation for a job.

Their address is 36 Mariveles St. cor Dapitan Q.C. tel is 7417243, the sisters that are running the place are Cosette and Margie Pascual.

Just dont bring an SUV or any wide wheelbase cars going to their place coz the St. is sooooooo narrow!

;f

Eye Cutter
02-07-2006, 09:58
sa may a. bonifacio yung apartment ninyo? bale sa la loma area ka na.

yung a.p. pascual sa may dapitan and p. tolentino side na, brgy sta. teresita.

si tony pascual naman lumipat sa baco st. which is the next street away only

Young Once
02-07-2006, 19:24
MDAP713, matagal po ba ginawa yung mga pinagawa mo sa baril mo?

MDAP713
02-08-2006, 06:59
Young Once,

It took them 7 days to finish!

MDAP713

charlie-xray
02-08-2006, 10:29
Pardon the ignorance pero do you need to show a PTT to the gunsmith kung mgdadala ka ng baril papunta halimbawa kay Pascual? Or hindi na required papaano ba ang general na diskarte ika nga,

Originally posted by Eye Cutter
sa may a. bonifacio yung apartment ninyo? bale sa la loma area ka na.

yung a.p. pascual sa may dapitan and p. tolentino side na, brgy sta. teresita.

si tony pascual naman lumipat sa baco st. which is the next street away only

Eye Cutter
02-08-2006, 16:22
technically, yes, you need a ptt going to the smith, but i doubt if majority get one purposely to have their firearms repaired

Young Once
02-08-2006, 19:40
MDAP713, thanks a lot for the info!

SoulKing06
02-09-2006, 02:21
Thanks infinitecolt & django for your recommendation. just would be nice to try the unit with a 5.5lb pull. Sayang no Hk armorers in Pinas. Sayonara for now.

Young Once
02-14-2006, 04:39
I finally completed all the parts I needed to have my gun built. However, I would like to ask for your inputs regarding the trigger pull. The smith recommended 1.8 lbs to 2 lbs. However, I feel that this might be too light, especially since I will be using the gun for both carry and competition. Would a 2.5 lbs trigger pull be ideal for this purpose? Or should I just settle at 2 lbs. Would really appreciate your thoughts on this matter. Thanks and happy valentines day to all!!!!

Eye Cutter
02-14-2006, 07:21
hot trigger combo now is the Doug Koenig hammer, EGW hard Sear and EGW or C&S long disconnector.

2.0-2.5 lbs trigger pull is just right for me

mc_oliver
02-14-2006, 09:12
Actually, it really doesn't matter how light or heavy your trigger pull is. The important things are:

1. You know how to work that trigger safely and correctly, and
2. it is reliable all the time, every time.

;)

jasonub
02-14-2006, 18:29
nothing below 2.5 for a carry gun for me.

Allegra
02-14-2006, 18:51
Sakin mga 3.28 lbs kung pang carry

Young Once
02-14-2006, 20:00
Thanks, guys, for the inputs. I really appreciate it. I suppose that 2.5 lbs. would be okay na for trigger pull. I'll let you all know how it goes when I get my gun. Thanks again!