Ideal Carry on a budget. Any Inputs? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Ideal Carry on a budget. Any Inputs?

gatmig
01-30-2006, 08:53
What do you think would be the best carry gun below 35k? I am leaning towards the G19 but i'm wondering if there are other options out there worth considering.

Based on your experiences, what FAs are reliable, ideal for carry, and budget conscious?

thanks in advance!

MR_BIG
01-30-2006, 14:59
Originally posted by gatmig
What do you think would be the best carry gun below 35k? I am leaning towards the G19 but i'm wondering if there are other options out there worth considering.

Based on your experiences, what FAs are reliable, ideal for carry, and budget conscious?

thanks in advance!

go with a g23, g30 or a commander size 1911.

Django
01-30-2006, 16:48
.45 Cal. Norinco Commander. Less than P20K.

isuzu
01-30-2006, 18:53
Originally posted by Django

Same as Django's suggestion. Get a Norinco Commander. Ask Deenoh for prices.:)

9MX
01-30-2006, 20:43
bersa thunder .380- check out horge's website
glock 26/27

deenoh
01-30-2006, 20:59
Steyr MA-1 in 9mm or .40cal can also fit this category. Same size as a Glock 19

darwin25
01-30-2006, 21:52
deenoh is the man to talk to. Call him 687-7607 :)

toxic
01-30-2006, 22:37
Originally posted by deenoh
Steyr MA-1 in 9mm or .40cal can also fit this category. Same size as a Glock 19
Deenoh ,
how much do the Steyr cost..how about parts and accesories availability.
Thanks

Gatmig
Ill go for the polymer frame autoloaders, for everyday carry - much lighter than the all metal autoloaders.
Taurus PT, Steyr, Glock,Sig, HK usp's, Kahr (kung meron sa Pinas)
di masyado problema sa rusting

but if you are a big guy, all metal mas matibay
CZ,1911 style auto loaders(norinco,armscor),jericho, daewoo,etc.

snubbies limited ang capacity not unless mabilis kang mag reload.

nrmcolt
01-31-2006, 00:52
+1
Originally posted by Django

;c

gatmig
01-31-2006, 08:50
thanks guys for all your inputs. I will decide one the funds come in!

gatmig
01-31-2006, 08:55
MR_BIG,

Is there a difference in grip thickness between the G19 and G23?

thanks.

Blitzer
01-31-2006, 09:18

thanks in advance!

Budget = Kel-Tec, Makarov, Surplus Browning High Power, S&W 3909, etc...

New_comer
01-31-2006, 09:23

thanks in advance!

In no particular order, if I were to carry:
1. Bersa .380 7 rd at 16K ata
2. Norinco Tokarev NP33? at <10K
3. CZ83 380 ba yun at 35K
4. GI Norinco Commander at 17K (medyo malaki na nga ito)
5. Taurus MilPro Single stack at 23k yata
6. Keltec pala P3AT, P11 o P32 kung meron lang naman
7. G19/23/26/27/30/36
8. Kahr P9/E9 (pero mahal na ito)
9. Me STI mini 1911 pa nga pero napakamahal na nito
10 All 2-3" revolvers

But really, if you do need to carry, any gun will do. :cool:

vega
01-31-2006, 15:09
Is there a difference in grip thickness between the G19 and G23?thanks.
For small hands like mine, the difference is big.

If you check the for sale thread, you'll see lot's of good stuff.

vega

batangueno
02-01-2006, 00:17

There is no difference. With regards to thickness of the grip, among all the glock models only the G20/G21/G29/G30 (thicker) and the G36 (thinner) are different.

deenoh
02-01-2006, 01:38
Originally posted by toxic
Deenoh ,
how much do the Steyr cost..how about parts and accesories availability.
Thanks

Steyr M9-A1 is 32,000, Steyr M40-A1 is 34,000. Parts would not be a problem since we have imported parts along with the pistols. Accessories are also not a problem since the rails are universal and will fit almost all attachments, sights can be replaced with meps or trijicon. HK holsters will accept the Steyr. Holsters specifically designed for the Steyr will be coming within the next month or so.

MR_BIG
02-01-2006, 06:47
MR_BIG,

thanks.

they both use the same frame.

vega
02-01-2006, 07:54
My bad - I was thinking G23 = 45ACP
No difference.....

vega

toxic
02-01-2006, 08:38
Originally posted by deenoh
Steyr M9-A1 is 32,000, Steyr M40-A1 is 34,000. Parts would not be a problem since we have imported parts along with the pistols. Accessories are also not a problem since the rails are universal and will fit almost all attachments, sights can be replaced with meps or trijicon. HK holsters will accept the Steyr. Holsters specifically designed for the Steyr will be coming within the next month or so.

thanks Deenoh

gatmig
02-01-2006, 08:45
Where can you get a Bersa .380 here?

thanks.

batangueno
02-01-2006, 08:49
Where can you get a Bersa .380 here?

thanks.
Hahn Manila or PB Dionisio

gatmig
02-02-2006, 07:24
Hi guys,
any experience with these FAs? I just held both at Trust Trade and they both feel good. Looking at the construction as well, it seems like Taurus did a good job. I just don't know how they perform. The prices are really attractive too.

any experiences will be appreciated. thanks!

MR_BIG
02-02-2006, 07:51
gatmig

whats your height,weight,built and what kinda clothes you often wear? btw guys, this is not a kinky question;f ;f

horge
02-02-2006, 08:51
Originally posted by MR_BIG
gatmig
whats your height,weight,built and what kinda clothes you often wear?

I second these questions.

Allegra
02-02-2006, 08:52
Hi guys,
any experience with these FAs? I just held both at Trust Trade and they both feel good. Looking at the construction as well, it seems like Taurus did a good job. I just don't know how they perform. The prices are really attractive too.

any experiences will be appreciated. thanks!

Pinuputok ba ang carry gun , di ba pinangpupokpok lang yan
Kung maliit baril mo masasaktan lang kamay mo
YMMV

gatmig
02-03-2006, 06:19
gatmig

whats your height,weight,built and what kinda clothes you often wear? btw guys, this is not a kinky question;f ;f

I hope not..

5'9", 150lbs, medium built. everyday wear is jeans and an untuck polo. likes strolls along the beach, chocolates, and surfing the net...but i guess you don't need that info anymore.. hehehe.

Alexii
02-03-2006, 06:32
5'9", 150lbs, medium built. everyday wear is jeans and an untuck polo.

Additional questions: what guns did you already handle (and ideally, fired) that feels right in hand when pointing and shooting? This ought to narrow down your field of choice with regards to overall weight, grip girth, grip angle, recoil sensitivity, etc.

MR_BIG
02-03-2006, 15:23
I hope not..

5'9", 150lbs, medium built. everyday wear is jeans and an untuck polo. likes strolls along the beach, chocolates, and surfing the net...but i guess you don't need that info anymore.. hehehe.

your height is perfect fot a glock 19/23 carry, but your frame and weight tells me the gun will still print, your kinda thin right? just carry iwb on loose jeans and darker shirts or polos or you need to gain weight to hide the mass of your gun. better yer, get a g26 ;) ;)

vega
02-03-2006, 16:43
your height is perfect fot a glock 19/23 carry, but your frame and weight tells me the gun will still print, your kinda thin right? just carry iwb on loose jeans and darker shirts or polos or you need to gain weight to hide the mass of your gun. better yer, get a g26 ;) ;)
I have a cousin who looks like the actor "Palito" (for the older generation, you know who he is) and he carries his Beretta well. It doesn't print and he wears loose shirts. The way I see it, yung medyo macho ang mas madaling mag print ang baril. IMO.

vega

MR_BIG
02-04-2006, 07:08
just buy a good iwb holster and wear darker shirts, youll be alright

isuzu
02-04-2006, 08:40
Originally posted by vega
I have a cousin who looks like the actor "Palito" (for the older generation, you know who he is) and he carries his Beretta well. It doesn't print and he wears loose shirts. The way I see it, yung medyo macho ang mas madaling mag print ang baril. IMO.

vega

It's amazing how some people know how to conceal weapons. Beats the advertised equipment.

There was a gentleman who used to buy prawns at our prawn farms. He was buying from us for quite a while. He was about 5'4 and 120 lbs. I did not know that he was concealing a 1911 with comp (the ones that were first used in IPSC) until we became close friends and he told me about it. I was amazed. Didn't show that he concealed one, and didn't made him walk akward.

I had a Browning MK III S and that was VERY concealable.

Vega, does your cousin have a preferred holster for his Beretta?

vega
02-04-2006, 23:53
holster - Yung gamit niya yung nabibili sa gilid ng Crame. Hindi nga branded.

vega

isuzu
02-05-2006, 19:35
Originally posted by vega
holster - Yung gamit niya yung nabibili sa gilid ng Crame. Hindi nga branded.

vega

Thanks!

paltiq
02-13-2006, 18:33
ubos na daw po ang Bersa .380 sa PBD.. saan pa po kaya meron? tnx po.

kiddie
02-13-2006, 23:40
For CONCEAL CARRY, no one beats NORINCO TOKAREV;f...Really, it is for conceal carry otherwise~rf.This gun is certified with BITOY'S SEAL OF APPROVAL^c

Taurus PT 640, PT 609
Bersa Thunder .380
Taurus Millenium Pro
Armscor compact .45s

badshot9mm
02-13-2006, 23:51
Originally posted by New_comer
In no particular order, if I were to carry:
1. Bersa .380 7 rd at 16K ata
2. Norinco Tokarev NP33? at <10K
3. CZ83 380 ba yun at 35K
4. GI Norinco Commander at 17K (medyo malaki na nga ito)
5. Taurus MilPro Single stack at 23k yata
6. Keltec pala P3AT, P11 o P32 kung meron lang naman
7. G19/23/26/27/30/36
8. Kahr P9/E9 (pero mahal na ito)
9. Me STI mini 1911 pa nga pero napakamahal na nito
10 All 2-3" revolvers

But really, if you do need to carry, any gun will do. :cool:

bossing,

ano po itsura ng Norinco tokarevNP33 and where to get it?
Is it 9mm ammo? and also about the Norinco commander?

I'm doing some research po kasi so when i buy I won't be dissapointed next time...

theTactician
02-14-2006, 00:04
go for the glock..nothing beats the glock. you know? glocks belonged to the list of "HANDGUNS THAT CHANGED HISTORY"..f.Y.I. this list includes the earliest handguns from the 1500's called the wheel-locks handgun, then the french-lock pistol, the percussion-cap, the cold 1851 navy revolver, beaumont adams revolver, the model 1854 lefaucheux, the no.3 smith and wesson revolver, the german luger, the hi-power browning, the walther p-38, the famous colt 1911 government model, the c.96 broomhandle mauser, the hand cannon and of course...the Glock 17.
thats how good glock is...:) glock 17 was introduced in 1980, the first practical service caliber auto using a durable polymer frame. other handguns followed it..the hks, and other polymer pistols.
so...go for the glocks.

Vault Keeper
02-14-2006, 00:51
Nothing beats the concealability and comfort of galcos STEALTH INSIDE THE PANT HOLSTER for my G26. The best!

Galco Stealth (http://www.usgalco.com/HolsterT3.asp?ProductID=1754&CatalogID=7) ^c

Allegra
02-14-2006, 08:42
Just browsing, ummm.....the tokarev?? yan ba yung walang safety? or were you guys joking?

kiddie
02-14-2006, 18:01
Norinco Tokarev 9mm has a thumb safety on the leftside but many tok owners prefer to have it removed, they dont function well. Sometimes the recoil will put the SAFETY ON making the shooter wonder why the gun suddenly stopped firing.

But they are reliable and combat accurate, with hardballs though. They are thinner and lighter than 1911s, and very fun to shoot. Field strip and even advanced disassembly is not hard.

What you can really appreciate with the Toks are their reliability and sheer brutality in plinking or in combat. Many however, dont appreciate the aesthetic side of these pistols
that's why no one beats them as the Natural Born CCW.

Allegra
02-14-2006, 18:56
Originally posted by kiddie
Norinco Tokarev 9mm has a thumb safety on the right side but many tok owners prefer to have it removed, they dont function well. Sometimes the recoil will put the SAFETY ON making the shooter wonder why the gun suddenly stopped firing.

But they are reliable and combat accurate, with hardballs though. They are thinner and lighter than 1911s, and very fun to shoot. Field strip and even advanced disassembly is not hard.

What you can really appreciate with the Toks are their reliability and sheer brutality in plinking or in combat. Many however, dont appreciate the aesthetic side of these pistols
that's why no one beats them as the Real Born CCW.

Yikes!

kiddie
02-14-2006, 19:04
Error... The Thumb safety is on the left side. The original Toks have no thumb safety but had been a standard in order to pass the importation regulations.

horge
02-14-2006, 19:38
Originally posted by badshot9mm

ano po itsura ng Norinco tokarevNP33 and where to get it?
Is it 9mm ammo?

http://i1.tinypic.com/nv5x4z.jpg
Yes, it's available in 9mm.
There is a series of Norinco versions of the T-33, including
-the Type 54 in the T-33's original 7.62x25mm chambering.
-the blued and the two-tone versions of the 9mm Parabellum chambering.

My limited experience with it (in 9mm and with the Norinco 'Mak'
Type 59) has been abysmal. Effin unreliable, with accuracy best
described as POA=POS (using FMJ, but especially with anything else).
Perhaps "kiddie" got the proper goods and I borrowed lemons.

Just me, but if I'm going to be limited to a 7-round mag, I'd rather
eat the bulk of a 1911 in 9mm or .45 ACP --better spare-parts support
and gunsmith knowhow... or go for smaller, more concealable
caliber/platform and train hard.

JM2P

New_comer
02-14-2006, 20:11
A colleague bought one of these Tokarevs as his first gun, obviously without any of our 'learned' opinions. It's downright ugly and so full of machining marks that you'd think it were but a hunk of scrap metal worthy only of being a substitute hammer or anvil in your toolbox. How on earth would you trust a gun held together by just a bicycle chain clip and probably dunked in used transmission oil as rust repellant. But...

After a boxful of FMJ's, we're all converts! ;P That ugly mother could hit well , felling 5" round plates from 20-25 yards out with boring regularity. No hiccups, no jams for the length of our break-in. The wifey preferred shooting it than the tricked out Armscors, Paras or even my USP. She can pulverize the groin area much easier from 10yds, while hubby looks on nervously with the dawning realization of the mistake of bringing her along.

The long and slim sight radius of the Tok is very conducive to accurate shooting, as it's also SA, albeit with a modular hammer-trigger mechanism. We were able to dismantle it, and out fell that hammer mechanism that looks very much like the motor drive of a wind-up toy. It's very rugged, an embodiment of function over form, the way commies design their weapons. It's so cheap you could experiment on replacing the grip handles with a slimmer one to further reduce grip girth to the barest minimum for better concealability

A very slim design, outrageously low price, short grip, make this Norco Tok a very good choice as a CCW, not to mention a fine toolbox gun. ;)

kiddie
02-14-2006, 20:16
A mighty minus 2 points for the Toks. What we got is the 213B with a Hard Chromed frame and a lot better grip than the 201s or 17s. It is durable enough w/ plenty mags available at only P500.00 each.

Toks owners here in the Phil that ive talked to as well as postings abroad had been positive with the Chinese Toks except for the thumb safety.

But please you guys, look for another pistol unless you want to be funny or become a clown;f.

New_comer
02-14-2006, 20:27
A mighty minus 2 points for the Toks. What we got is the 213B with a Hard Chromed frame and a lot better grip than the 201s or 17s. It is durable enough w/ plenty mags available at only P500.00 each.

Toks owners here in the Phil that ive talked to as well as postings abroad had been positive with the Chinese Toks except for the thumb safety.

But please you guys, look for another pistol unless you want to be funny or become a clown;f. The Tok is definitely a show stopper. Who in his right mind woulda even thunk bringing along an anvil to shoot alongside the mighty 1911's and exotic polymers...

But all those grins turn to wry smiles after seeing it go thru its paces. No, it's definitely not for IPSC. But for serious concealment, and I'm serious with this, I believe the Tok is the best there is considering its low price and the performance I've witnessed.

Besides, it's designed to be ugly so you won't show it off and blow your cover. ;)

kiddie
02-14-2006, 20:51
"Besides, it's designed to be ugly so you won't show it off and blow your cover"

Thats what Ive been trying to imply w/o using too much levity;f;f My minus two points; from the bad experience w/ TOK by Horge and from that stupid thumb safety.

badshot9mm
02-16-2006, 21:13
Originally posted by horge
http://i1.tinypic.com/nv5x4z.jpg
Yes, it's available in 9mm.
There is a series of Norinco versions of the T-33, including
-the Type 54 in the T-33's original 7.62x25mm chambering.
-the blued and the two-tone versions of the 9mm Parabellum chambering.

My limited experience with it (in 9mm and with the Norinco 'Mak'
Type 59) has been abysmal. Effin unreliable, with accuracy best
described as POA=POS (using FMJ, but especially with anything else).
Perhaps "kiddie" got the proper goods and I borrowed lemons.

Just me, but if I'm going to be limited to a 7-round mag, I'd rather
eat the bulk of a 1911 in 9mm or .45 ACP --better spare-parts support
and gunsmith knowhow... or go for smaller, more concealable
caliber/platform and train hard.

JM2P

Now i'm really getting interested in this firearm...
I visited the lokal gunstore (Frontier Guns and ammos, malolos, bulacan) but the lady clerk said they're out of stock even in Manila...
I asked how much would a unit cost and she wouldn't even give me a quotation...
Any suggestions where i should look and maybe buy...?

kiddie
02-16-2006, 22:02
badshot9mm,

If you are willing to spend around 16K to 17k (licensing included) BNEW from Crame I could give you a hint where to find a HICAP M1911 GUN w/o resorting to that scary Tokarev. Sure you dont want to be a clown.

Limited time offer only.

batangueno
02-17-2006, 01:10
badshot9mm,

If you are willing to spend around 16K to 17k (licensing included) BNEW from Crame I could give you a hint where to find a HICAP M1911 GUN w/o resorting to that scary Tokarev. Sure you dont want to be a clown.

Limited time offer only.
Bawal ba i-publish yang contact mo dito sa BOGs? :)

kiddie
02-17-2006, 01:36
The dealer may cancel the special offer if suddenly a big group of buyers will place their orders.

badshot9mm
02-17-2006, 02:22
badshot9mm,

Limited time offer only.

Sir Kiddie;

wala pa yung budget ko e...
isa pa kaya po ako interested sa norinco e di naman dahil sa aestethics but more on the size and price...
pag-iipunan ko pa kasi kaya research muna and ask around pero many thanks din po sa help nila...

batangueno
02-17-2006, 02:54
The dealer may cancel the special offer if suddenly a big group of buyers will place their orders.
Baliktad yata ah, yung ibang stores meron special offer to get more buyers. ;f Ok, i won't ask anymore, it's probably something really special. ;);f