Mobile1 oil treatment [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Mobile1 oil treatment

chris93473
01-31-2006, 17:50
I went to the autostore and purchased a small bottle of Mobile1 Syntec Oil Treatment (i'm assuming this is an additive). Well when i was about to pour it into the crankcase i've noticed it pours just like molasses (sludge). So i only poured a very little amount 3 tablespoons. I was wondering is this oil treatment supposed to have this type of consistency or did someone just pour really used motoroil in the bottle.

RSXTREME
01-31-2006, 18:33
yes most oil treatments are really thick. its ok

epsylum
01-31-2006, 19:01
If it's made by Mobile 1, I would tend to trust it.

Mighty HD
01-31-2006, 20:07
First who is Mobile1? Or what is it? ;a

I thought it was MOBIL 1 .

Additives aren't a good thing.

I highly suggest reading up @ www.bobistheoilguy.com

Those guys there are extreeeemly sharp on oil, filters, etc. I gained a vast amount of knowledge from lurking the forums.

:)

MCKNBRD
02-10-2006, 11:02
As long as you change your oil regularly, use an SAE-rated oil, and keep the levels up, oil additive does nothing for your car/truck.

Most oil additives are just a concentrated batch of the anti-foaming and heat-stabilization agents and the detergents that make sweet crude oil 'motor oil'.

If you're running synthetic anyway, don't waste your $$$...

Byrdman

Old School
02-11-2006, 21:26
I put a few ounces of Sea Foam in my crank case and I have to say that it did something. The car smoked for quite a while, I'm assuming from burning off carbon. They recommend changing the oil 500 miles after adding Sea Foam. I drove it about 100 miles and changed it. It was a pretty awful black sludge.

Detroit454
02-22-2006, 02:32
Originally posted by Old School
I put a few ounces of Sea Foam in my crank case and I have to say that it did something. The car smoked for quite a while, I'm assuming from burning off carbon. They recommend changing the oil 500 miles after adding Sea Foam. I drove it about 100 miles and changed it. It was a pretty awful black sludge.
Sea Foam works great on high mileage motors. I put nothting but Mobil 1 in my car, only other thing I would think about putting in it is royal purple or amsoil.