Lost Rider [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Lost Rider

BikerRN
02-01-2006, 09:53
Last night a friend went to a neighboring town to pick up a Buell Blast for his wife.

They bought the bike used from a private party. It turns out that on the way home he needed to add some oil to the thing. Already sounding like a Harley story huh? They got the oil handled and hit the highway.

She was following him until they got to our respective city. He had told her when they were putting the oil in to take the lead here in town so they could come to my house to show me the bike. Well, to make a short story longer, she called us as she was driving the car to cancel coming over since it was so late.

When she got done with the phone call she didn't see him in her rear- view mirror anymore. She pulled over to the shoulder of the Interstate and waited for him. Half an hour later, no hubby on a Blast having a Blast! So she drives up and down the Interstate looking for him. No sight of him.

She goes home and waits for him. No phone call, no hubby and lots of worry start to set in. She called us wondering if Lost Husband Numero Uno was here. He didn't really know how to get to our house, but she thought he might have tried to find our house. Of course no Lost Hubby here.

Since it was Midnight I decided to call the local hospitals for her and check if they had a MVA matching his description/name. No luck. She then gets back on the highway to go look for him. I leave my house to also search the highway. The local Highway Patrol was called but they wouldn't do anything unless it was a reported accident.

As I'm about to enter the highway she calls me on my cellphone telling me he just called her cell and is at home. It turns out that he ran out of gas and had to push the bike 1.5 miles to a gas station off the highway. I called him at home and chewed his butt for making me miss sleep.

I told him to get a dad-gummed cell phone and carry it when he is riding. Now I have to wait until Sunday to see the new to them Buell he bought for her. :(

FoxMustang
02-01-2006, 10:47
Geeze, what a freakin' debacle.

When I opened the thread I thought it would be about someone getting killed, I'm glad it wasn't that!

fnfalman
02-01-2006, 13:18
Always top off before you head out.;a

epsylum
02-01-2006, 16:50
At least tis wasn't like my brother and have to push it through the ghetto.

My dad let him ride his Katana 1100 around town one night. My dad gets a call at about 11pm from him. He is at a gas station in one of the worst neighborhoods in the whole city with a shiny sportbike that won't run for whatever reason.

This is before he was legal to carry to BTW, so no Roscoe in the equation. ;P

BikerRN
02-01-2006, 17:09
Although he is LEO, my buddy left his roscoe at home. :(

When we go out, I'm the one "packing" and he just says he will let me take care of anything that happens. I tell him, "Good luck, I'm saving my *** only. You are on your own." :)

At the minimum, he needs a cell phone.

epsylum
02-01-2006, 18:41
Originally posted by BikerRN

At the minimum, he needs a cell phone.

Yeah, cell phones can be life savers, literally.

I feel naked without mine. If the thought of me naked scares you, I look alot like Jenny McCarthy as far as you know ;f.

BikerRN
02-02-2006, 08:32
;z

But I doubt it. ;)

fzr357
02-05-2006, 00:00
I was the one who ran out of gas. I had just filled up in Chandler. I didn't even suspect that a tank of gas wouldn't be enough for a 100 mile trip. Turns out my wifes Buell Blast holds EXACTLY 2.4 gallons of gas. On the bright side, i just bought this and am going to pick it up Monday.

http://www.fototime.com/{A2F95AFD-B58E-4B18-9DEA-C74EDB0FD290}/picture.JPG

BikerRN
02-05-2006, 11:47
I can't wait to see the Blast later today. :)

RedhorseG20
02-05-2006, 12:27
Ahh the speed triple. Friend of mine has one. Torque monster! I love wheelies on it but she gets mad for two reasons. First is that I can do a wheelie and she doesnt know how to. Secondly it isnt my bike. But she is more mad that she can't do one. That one should get close to 160 miles to a tank. FWIW get a stick on bubble shield. For the life of me I can't think of the name of it. It will help you out tremendously on the highway.

fnfalman
02-06-2006, 09:12
That's the 955 Speed Triple, isn't it? Pretty strange color there. Some sort of candy orange?

BikerRN
02-08-2006, 20:57
That funny colored Speed Triple is now 1 hour west of Houston.

He may be in AZ late tomorrow night or the next day, depending on weather, road conditions and how tired he gets. I told him to go to Las Cruces and spend the night then head out for AZ.

Anyway, I just want him to make it back so I can see the new scoot. :)

BikerRN
02-10-2006, 17:41
OK, Lost Rider and the new to him Speed Triple have made it home. He's on his way over so I can see the new toy. :cool:

BikerRN
02-12-2006, 18:58
"Lost Rider" and I did a loop ride through the twisties today. Great ride!

His scoot hauls butt. We passed a couple on a Goldwing, by the time they caught up with us we were done with lunch. :cool: I of course was on my Duc, and having fun. He loves his Triple. We saw a lot of Hardley's out, but they weren't doing much. One group wouldn't even talk to us at the gas station. I guess that's because they were a HOG Chapter and we weren't riding Hardley's.

Of course one of the guys that wouldn't give us the time of day is a salesman at the local Hardley Stealership. I know he won't ever be getting any of my hard earned money. :)

Take care and ride safe.