Who's going to watdh the movie World's Fastest Indian? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Who's going to watdh the movie World's Fastest Indian?

fnfalman
02-03-2006, 11:38
I have an appointment with a local theatre tonight for this flick;+

Sir Anthony Hopkins in an authentic moto flick, how bad can it be?

http://www.worldsfastestindian.com/

BikerRN
02-03-2006, 12:23
Add 2 more tickets for the wife and I.

She's an aussie that rides and I'm the lucky Yank that married her. :)

fnfalman
02-03-2006, 12:57
So, when is the Missus going to take a pic of her and "Fabio"?

VWglocker
02-03-2006, 15:30
18 bucks plus snacks? sorry, i'll netflix it.

does sound like a good movie though. i saw a trailer and can't wait to see it.

report back with your thoughts after you see it.

BikerRN
02-04-2006, 12:29
Originally posted by fnfalman
So, when is the Missus going to take a pic of her and "Fabio"?

I plan to take the camera for our ride before the Super Bowl. :)

I have the soft bags and Bagster Tank Bag on Evangelina now, so a report on them will be coming soon. We just put some Tank Decals on her Italian Stallion but still need to do the Italian Flag Striping.

We are slow, but meticulous. :)

BikerRN
02-05-2006, 11:52
I saw the movie last night.

WHAT A MOVIE!

I loved it and so did the wife. I think we will go and see this again. Maybe I can get my Blast riding Buddy and his wife to go see it with us? Actually I should call him my Speed Triple riding Buddy since his wife rides the Blast and he goes to pick up his Speed Triple tomorrow.

I can't get over this movie, it was awesome. Burt Munro was a truly amazing character, and I have no doubt that Sir Anthony Hopkins played him very well.

Take care all, we are going to ride over to a friend's and watch the Stupid Bowl. I'm just going for the good company and free food. ;)

epsylum
02-05-2006, 23:38
Originally posted by BikerRN
I saw the movie last night.

WHAT A MOVIE!

I loved it and so did the wife. I think we will go and see this again. Maybe I can get my Blast riding Buddy and his wife to go see it with us? Actually I should call him my Speed Triple riding Buddy since his wife rides the Blast and he goes to pick up his Speed Triple tomorrow.

I can't get over this movie, it was awesome. Burt Munro was a truly amazing character, and I have no doubt that Sir Anthony Hopkins played him very well.

Take care all, we are going to ride over to a friend's and watch the Stupid Bowl. I'm just going for the good company and free food. ;)

Good to know. I might actually pay to see a movie (haven't done that since Star Wars Ep. III).

Glad to hear about a bike movie done right.

fnfalman
02-06-2006, 09:06
I loved that flick too. My only gripe was that they only show his trials and tribulations in getting to Bonneville the first time. I had wished that they showed his earlier works on the bike and that sort of thing.

There was an article on the stuntman who rode the bike in this movie in either Free2Wheel or Friction Zone (those free bike mags). The guy actually induced the high speed wobble at around 80-MPH for the camera. He also almost got his ass ran over during one of the practice runs on a desolate highway. Somehow a van got onto the road even though they were suppose to have blockades set up.

Sir Anthony Hopkins was awesome as always.