Comp-tac holsters [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Comp-tac holsters

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

solo17
02-03-2006, 17:05
Hi guys,

Just want to let everyone know that we are participating in the
GlockTalk forum and if you have in questions or concerns feel free to post here , email or im me and I'll be happy to help to answer all I can .

Just to let you know what we do here...

We are a Kydex holster manufacturer in Houston,Texas . There is a total of 8 people working here and everyone here is a chl holder and involved in numerous shooting sports as well as various law enforcement and military veterans. We all have our own ideas on how holster should work and try to get our customers the best holster for their purpose. I believe we now offer 10 different holster styles for over 100 different gun models and are adding more and more every month. Every holster is handmade for the model gun you specify at the time of your order and usually only take about 2 days to be shipped out .

Chris

G21forME
02-03-2006, 17:35
I have a question. I had the slide on my 21 refinished in nickel because I bought a pos fobus that damaged the finish. How do refinished slides IE nickel/chrome/ss etc.. hold up in the long term using a c-tac?

HNS
02-03-2006, 17:47
I love your products. Wondeing when you will becoming out with an IWB for a 19/23 IWB with a X200 light?

I know it may be a long shot but I am still looking for one, like a Gurka. Thanks

Kilroy
02-04-2006, 11:08
I have a Comp-Tac IWB for my G30. Very good holster, very comfortable and conceals well.

Thanks Comp-Tac!!

Usingmyrights
02-04-2006, 16:17
Since a rep is on the board I'll ask the questions that I had eariler. Can I order a Ctac with C-clips instead of the standard clips or is it only an extra cost option? how easy is it to change out clips without messing up the cant too much between 1 1/2" and 11/4 clips"?

cj5mrt
02-04-2006, 17:12
I've got a C-Tac and it is extremely comfortable. It is very easy to change between clips. They are a great company with great service.

Mike

ShootNMove
02-04-2006, 18:29
I love my CTAC! Being a Texan, I prefer to keep my business in the state if at all possible. I NEED a holster that supports a light. I'd pay $100 for a one-off of a large frame GLOCK with a Streamlight M3 attached. Another company offers a holster, but I will stick with you guys if you can hook me up.

Thanks for a great product.

solo17
02-04-2006, 20:13
G21forme: Every gun holster will eventually cause holster wear . from what ive seeen kydex is actually less abrasive to your finish than leather or injection molded . dirt get trapped in leather easily and is hard to clean .inject molded holsters tend to be softer and dirt get imbedded in the plastic and causes damage . Kydex is a pretty hard material and is easily cleaned. Also have a holster thats fitted to the "actual" gun tends to have a better fit than a holster made with a aluminum cast(the cast shinks about 10% of the original size).

Hns: we are working on it as we speak give me a call at the shop and i might be able to get you fixed up.

usingmyrights: you can change to different clip styles at the time of you order j hooks v mount and standard clips are all the same price which is included in the c-tac price and c-clips are 3 dollars more.

shootandmove : i could possibly be able to custom make a beltholster for a g20/21 with a light .Call me at the shop to discuss further.

Chris

daved222269
02-05-2006, 04:04
Just got a ctac for my g19...love it! Great holster and customer service:)

HNS
02-05-2006, 08:14
You guys are the BOMB!!
I will be calling Monday. Thanks for great products and even better service, this is why I do not buy from others.

Terminator
02-05-2006, 11:48
I have bought 2 Comp-Tac Holsters and couldnt be happier. I have the Speed Belt and the Locking paddle and am one happy customer!!!!!
Great customer service and fast delivery. Tammy Rocks!

Kevin108
02-05-2006, 13:13
Welcome to GlockTalk. I also agree that Comp-TAC offers top-notch products and customer service.

PhuzzyGnu
02-05-2006, 14:00
I have a Comp-Tac C.-T.A.C. holster that I have worn every day for a few years. I have done EVERYTHING in it. EVERYTHING. I couldn't be happier. I have broken two clips in this time, both times my fault, and both times Tammy sent me a pair of new clips (at no charge) that arrived within a day or two.

Here are a few BIG pictures that show what kind of wear you can expect from daily use:

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y109/phuzzygnu/glock002.jpg http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y109/phuzzygnu/glock001.jpg http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y109/phuzzygnu/glock007.jpg http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y109/phuzzygnu/glock006.jpg

(Yes, I do know my serial # is clearly visible, but I don't care)

-p.

PhuzzyGnu
02-05-2006, 16:02
... And three pictures of me and the C.-T.A.C. with the G20. I'm 6'4" 255lbs and the shirts are XXL and the jeans are 38x36 (I wear 36x36 with no IWB). Not the best quality (because I'm in my usual black), but you get the idea.

#1: Shirt loose...

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y109/phuzzygnu/glock008.jpg

#2: Shirt pulled tighter...

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y109/phuzzygnu/glock010.jpg

#3: See? It really is a full size G20 under there...

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y109/phuzzygnu/glock011.jpg

-p.

solo17
02-07-2006, 09:42
Thanks
for posting the pics

Chris

poly glockahr
02-07-2006, 09:57
Thanks for the post- I have several Comp-tacs including paddles, belt and mag pouches for my G26/PM9/P7M8. I would like to renew once again my request for a cuff case. Last time I spoke with you guys, I was told it was a possibility. Well, one year later, any plans? The Blade-tech case I use works, but...I need a compact, paddle and/or belt style pouch for hinged peerless. You up to it?
THANKS, and keep up the great work, products and service.

USPcompact45
02-07-2006, 10:10
Chris,

I know comptac has the holster for the hk p2000 but would there be one made for the p2000sk? Thanks.

Buffering
02-07-2006, 10:35
Solo17,

I about pooped my pants when I saw that you posted as the manufacturer!!! It's doesn't get any better than that!!!

I already own several of your products and in fact, I called Tammy yesterday and ordered another holster and dbl mag holder for a G19. I've got several friends who I've sent your way too.

Now the disappointment. I've been browsing your site and I don't see the one thing I'd pay a ransom for - your belt holster for a 625 5" Smith.

Yes, I see the locking paddle but I'm interested in the belt holster in 1 1/2" width. I just like your belt holsters and I'm extremely pleased with them at the range. Nothing more complicated than that.

BTW, when I ordered Tammy said there would be a delay in shipping and I'm telling myself, "Hey, their stuff is high zoot and worth waiting a couple weeks." I nearly died when she said it was your policy to get stuff out the door within 24-48 hrs but because of a recent high order volume it might be 36-72 hrs. The thud she heard was me dropping the phone in disbelief.

For those of you who haven't used Comp-Tac products they are first rate and worth the money. It's good value for the money and I'd consider their products essential equipment just like the Wilderness Tactical belt.

mouser
02-07-2006, 16:12
I added the CTAC to my holster collection about 2 weeks ago. I've been carrying for about a year and a half, and my only regret is that I didn't get it sooner.

Desert Rat 23
02-07-2006, 17:48
Just a suggestion, place a link to your site in your sig.

Fanner50
02-07-2006, 20:04
Fanner50 LOVES his Comp-Tac C.TAC. It's for my P7M8. GREAT holster.
Very soon I will be ordering one for my G19 and G26. Comp-TAC is a Great company.

Ghetto
02-08-2006, 05:34
I am a HUGE Comp-Tac fan, everytime I have a question or a problem they take care of it. You will not find better customer service!!

OXEN
02-08-2006, 13:20
I was VERY DISAPPOINTED when I received my Settable Cant holster for my G34, there wasn't any candy in the bag...

j/j

I have two Comp-tac holsters and love them both.

solo17
02-08-2006, 14:35
Sorry bout the candy...Tammy's slacking on her smarties duty

Chris

mouser
02-08-2006, 14:51
There was supposed to be candy!?!?

HNS
02-08-2006, 15:06
I have gotten something like 4 shipments from Comp-tac and have not revieved candy, only great products, I can deal.

But, candy is always welcone...;)

Chad Landry
02-08-2006, 15:41
I wore my G23 daily for a while in my C-TAC, on the right side. I love it, but I've started carrying a G22 OWB, with a BUG on the left. So I got a left-hand C-TAC for that side.

I keep the right-hand C-TAC for those days when I only carry one gun and I need to tuck my shirt in. I've carried the G22 with my shirt tucked several times, and I'm very pleased.

I'd love to see a Comp-tac pancake-style belt holster. My OWB holster is a kydex FIST pancake holster, and I just don't believe it's gonna last as long as would something from Comp-Tac.

pseudo-fed
02-08-2006, 20:22
I gotta chime in here. I've had 4 CTACs (sold 2 with the guns), and have one of their paddles and 5 mag pouches (1 is a double-for IDPA). I've broken a standard clip twice-and each time Tammy sent me 2 replacements within a day, so I now have two spares.

I tried the "settable cant" paddle, and it didn't work for me, so I called them and sent it back. They credited my card immediately. On another occasion I stupidly put sandpaper type grip tape on the muzzle end of a slide and crammed into a CTAC-causing, duh, scratches on my G19 slide. I called them, and Chris replaced my CTAC holster body at a greatly reduced price.

Have gotten candy twice with my orders, and those little 3/32" allen wrench thingies with each order. I now have one in my car, range bag, holster drawer (uh, wrenches, not candy).

I have never had problems with the attachment hardware on my CTACs, but have heard of and seen others with rust. Would like to see stainless used. BUT, heard recommendation of clear nail polish, which I use, and though I sweat like a whore in church, no rust or issues.

Finally, I agree. Chris, get your link in your signature line!

Keep up the fantastic work, Comp-Tac. And remember, my orders, of which there will be many more, come first........;)

solo17
02-08-2006, 21:34
allright the links in my sig line now

i do appreciate all the kind words that everyone is saying about us. We try really hard to make everyone happy. We try to make the best products we can not what we can get away with
(As my great mentor Gregg would say).I will get Tammy to go get you guys some more candy.WE are working on a few more holster/mag pouch designs and tooling up for all the new guns that have come out in the past few months ,we move our operation in November and are updating alot of our machinery so bear with us on the new stuff .we are listening to you guys and your request and coming up with new ideas every day

JR1
02-09-2006, 14:06
I have several Comp Tac paddle holsters (G21, G23, G27) and I really like them. I have carried one on duty every day for about four years. I have had two of them break through normal daily use and had them replaced at no charge. They tend to break where the holster meets the paddle at the leading edge.

They have decent prices, but no LE discount, which is fine.

As a firearms and SWAT instructor, I have recommended Comp Tac to several of my shooters because of the good customer service and craftsmanship. I have seen more and more show up on the line recently. Almost all of my shooters have been pleased so far.

There was one disappointing development recently; however, when one of my shooters - my partner, actually - had his G22 paddle break while putting it on. I told him to just call and get it fixed - as I had done twice in the past. Surprisingly, he was told that there would be no repair or replacement, just reimbursement for his postage. His holster is only a couple years old and he had to shell out for a new one.

As much as I like the Comp Tac line, knowing that they only hold up to a few years of routine duty use, I can't recommend them to my shooters anymore because they can't count on getting their holsters fixed when they break.

I have carried and T&E'd Ky-Tac, Safariland, Blade Tech, Fobus, Uncle Mikes and others kydex wonders.

- The Safariland and Uncle Mike's break at an alarming rate. I consider them junk and will usually replace them with others brands at the request of any of my shooters, if my budget allows. I have thrown away a ton of Safariland paddles that just shattered. Safariland doesn't seem to care.
- The Fobus is middle of the road: good for the price, but not what I can recommend to professional gun-toters. Their double mag pouch, however, is hell-for-tough and you can't beat the price.
- KyTac is decent, but I ran into the owner at an IPSC match and was bewildered by his arrogance and lack of professionalism. He doesn't get any of Uncle Sams money through my purse strings...especially when his product doesn't really stand out from the rest.
- I don't like the Blade Tech that much, but it's my own personal problem in that the paddle just digs into my hip. I also don't like the rattle some of them have from poor fit. Having said that, I have issued a number of Blade Techs to my shooters in the last couple of years. Some like them, some hate them, but they seem to hold up.
- I have found the Comp Tac paddle design to be the best for holster/belt engagement during defensive tactics. Their weapon fit is very good. Positive feedback and engagement when holstering varies from holster to holster: sometimes it's excellent, but is always good.

In my experience, Comp Tac has a good design and good craftsmanship, they just lack durability. If they still replaced them like they used to, that wouldn't be an issue, though. I personally won't do a large order with Comp Tac unless I knew that the guarantee was more than just one year.

Kydex is cheap, the mark-up is huge, and it's easy to stand behind your product if you want to show your customers that you believe in your own gear.

I can't recommend them to my crew right now, but having said that, I still carry one most days.

Good shooting,
JR1

freepatriot
02-09-2006, 15:17
Comp-Tac C-TAC:
http://www.freepatriot.com/imagewarehouse/gunsnewyearseveweb/gIMG_2520.jpg

http://freepatriot.com/imagewarehouse/xray-glock-webpage.jpg

Comp-Tac FBI Paddle (with no tilt):
http://freepatriot.com/imagewarehouse/1911comptac/xray-comptac-1911-1.jpg

http://freepatriot.com/imagewarehouse/1911comptac/1911comptac21.jpg

Glock4Life
02-09-2006, 15:34
Of all the holsters in my arsenal, the C-Tac by CompTac is my most used. The reasons for that are simple...concealability and comfort. To me, the leather straps are one of the big keys for both of those attributes. I find that with many kydex holsters, the use of plastic in these areas causes a rigidity that will often make the holster protrude outward unless the wearer has an ideal body shape and carry position for that particular holster. The conforming characteristics of the leather straps allows for a great deal of flexibility and results in a sort of "form to fit" situation. In addition, the entire hoslter is constructed of solid materials while still maintaining a slim overall profile.

With all that being said, I hope it's well received when I submit my one idea for a potential modification that may well make the C-Tac the PERFECT IWB holster in my opinion. I would like to see some sort of thin, yet padded backing placed on the rear of the holster. I realize it would increase the overall thickness slightly, but in my mind it would be a very worthwhile tradeoff for an even higher comfort level than already exists. I have modded mine in two different ways, one involving moleskin material on the back and one that involved using self-adhesive foam rubber strips. These are not necessarily the ideal enhancements, but have resulted in unmatched comfort for a kydex holster and I've noticed zero additional printing issues as a result. I want to be clear that I'm not trying to be overly forward or confrontational with my suggestion and perhaps it wouldn't even be viewed as a positive change by the largest percentage of customers but I've always felt that if a company is willing to listen to user suggestions, then I am willing to give my .02 and that seems to be the case here. In my experience, receptive companies tend to be leaders in their market so thanks for listening and hats off to a quality holster manufacturer in Comp-Tac.

Best regards,
G4L

solo17
02-09-2006, 15:42
Our warranty is only one year which we usually don't go by . i try to take care of my customers and i ask even if it is 2 years old how it broke to see if its a defect or not. the cost of making a holster is alot than many people think it typically takes about 2 hours to make a holster ,its not the material that makes a holster cost so much its the labor . kydex is not all that inexpensive either because most of it wasted in making a holster.

Publilius_Syrus
02-10-2006, 12:08
The CTAC is a fine holster and it is reasonably priced. However, an extra set of clips, which they will replace for free if broken, runs $22.00. Seems a little high to me. I'll just wait until they break.

BP44
02-12-2006, 02:17
SOLO17, I have one of your ctac holsters for my g19 and it is wonderfull :),on a side note do you offer a ctac for a S&W 642 and if you do could i get a picture of it by chance?

Great products!!!!!

solo17
02-13-2006, 08:46
on a side note do you offer a ctac for a S&W 642 and if you do could i get a picture of it by chance?

we make them for a 642 it just a j frame

Chris

BP44
02-13-2006, 20:07
thanks solo17, I will be purchasing one shortely :)

JAFG2
02-14-2006, 15:42
I have a comp-tac IWB for my G20. Please make one for the G20 that covers the slide. If sight snags tee shirt what a disaster waiting to happen at the wrong time. carries great other than that. correction ITS THE G-2 PRO UNDERCOVER

Polo
02-17-2006, 01:34
My G1 paddle "slide" for my 34 just came in and I must say I'm impressed with the quality of construction and the fit.
Not to mention delivery is made very f-a-s-t! Took me by surpise.
I'm particularly happy that this style of holster allows me to also fit the 17 and 19 when the day comes to get one (probably the 19). Dual use is a nifty thing.

Seems like a company that genuinely wants to earn and keep your business.

Thanks Comp-Tac.

Coogan
02-17-2006, 15:11
I have 3 C-T.A.C. holsters, 1 for my HK USPf .45 and 2 Slides for each of the frame sizes of the Glock.

I do not think I will ever need a different holster for CC.

I must say, I only got the Smarties with my 3rd order though.....

dosei
02-17-2006, 16:53
Will we ever be seeing an IWB with a thumb-break from you???

FIST has a real tempting one...the #22 Secret System 2 with optional thumb-break.

I like the adaptability of your C-TAC with the different belt clip options, but my ideal holster needs a thumb-break.

scowan007
02-17-2006, 17:03
I got a CTAC for my p7 and my 1911, belt holsters for a couple other guns and some mag pouches - Oh, and I'm a lefty!! Thanks Chris for taking care of us wrong-handers!

Customer service was exceptional. Per comp-tac's request, I won't go into detail, but they really went above and beyond in fixing an error that wasn't theirs.

The CTAC is so good, even a dumb dog can appreciate one. My dog ate my 1911 CTAC.:( Actually he just gnawed off the top of the holster-the part that is between the beavertail and your side (which I dremel'ed off, and destroyed a C- Clip (which I kidnapped of the P7 holster since I carry the 1911 way more. I'll get around to at least replacing the clip soon, if not the whole holster.

Cicero
02-17-2006, 17:28
I have a C-TAC slide IWB and love it. I broke a clip last weekend and had to switch to an old - also top-end - holster and the difference was noticeable. You guys make a great product.

My only complaint is that the regular clips don't "hook" under my belt at all, and I have to be careful not to pull the entire holster out with a draw. I've tried the J clips, but my pants don't support them and the holster ends up pushing my pants down slightly. C clips look like they could work with my Wilderness belt but not my dress belts. If you guys could put a slight back-curve on the bottom of the regular clip to get a more positive engagement with the belt, that would be awesome.

Also, have you considered tailoring some specifically for women's frames?

scowan007
02-17-2006, 18:20
Originally posted by Cicero
I have a C-TAC slide IWB and love it. I broke a clip last weekend and had to switch to an old - also top-end - holster and the difference was noticeable. You guys make a great product.

My only complaint is that the regular clips don't "hook" under my belt at all, and I have to be careful not to pull the entire holster out with a draw. I've tried the J clips, but my pants don't support them and the holster ends up pushing my pants down slightly. C clips look like they could work with my Wilderness belt but not my dress belts. If you guys could put a slight back-curve on the bottom of the regular clip to get a more positive engagement with the belt, that would be awesome.

Also, have you considered tailoring some specifically for women's frames?

Have you heard of this handy little gizmo called the "hidden tailor?" It works great for carry. Keeps your undershirt tucked in and your pants up.

Cicero
02-18-2006, 08:44
Originally posted by scowan007
Have you heard of this handy little gizmo called the "hidden tailor?" It works great for carry. Keeps your undershirt tucked in and your pants up.

I've used one - it's great for keeping your shirt tucked in, but it doesn't keep a J-clip from pushing your pants down. The top of the J-clip is only supported by the waistband of your pants. Jeans kind of held up a little bit, but when I wore dress pants the J-clip would push the waistband down at the contact point. Even worse, the clip would occasionally push the pants down enough that the J would disengage from the belt. That virtually guaranteed that the holster would come out of my pants when I drew the pistol.

HNS
02-18-2006, 10:46
I use the C clips with dress belts daily. They work well. If you are using a larger frame weapon I have also found that having a C in the front and a standard clip in the rear is a great tradeoff.

If your clip is not holding well I have heard of some people holding the clip closed with a rubber band and and heating the bend with a hairdryer.

Lynn D
02-18-2006, 21:21
Chris -

First, thanks for posting here about your products. I've heard a lot of good things about them from many of the members here.

I'm looking at IWB for my G19. My problem? I'm a short-waisted woman, and would like to wear just in front of the "seam", at about 2-3 o'clock.

Which of your products might work best for me?

Thanks much.

Lynn

ShootNMove
02-19-2006, 08:43
I need a C.T.A.C. slide for large frame GLOCKs that will accept a light. I figure the GLOCK light would be best b/c it's narrower than the Surefire, Streamlight and Blackhawk offerings. But whatever light you make it for, I'll get one just so it'll fit!

What do you say? Can I get maybe the prototype? I'll pay to be a guinea pig for you!

solo17
02-20-2006, 17:24
I have a comp-tac IWB for my G20. Please make one for the G20 that covers the slide. If sight snags tee shirt what a disaster waiting to happen at the wrong time. carries great other than that. correction ITS THE G-2 PRO UNDERCOVER

we do its the g20/21 holsters ...

Will we ever be seeing an IWB with a thumb-break from you???

thumb breaks are a pain to make ..we can do them custom depending on the holster .there would be a custom charge as well.

I need a C.T.A.C. slide for large frame GLOCKs that will accept a light. I figure the GLOCK light would be best b/c it's narrower than the Surefire, Streamlight and Blackhawk offerings.

we are working on it as we speak

Chris

ShootNMove
02-20-2006, 19:11
Awesome, I need to be on the list when they're available. I can't wait!!!

Thanks.

dirksterG30
02-22-2006, 11:13
solo17,
DO you have an ETA for the CTAC for the CZ P-01?

solo17
02-22-2006, 15:00
we are supposed to be getting a sp01 and a p01 from cz and then we will have holster available. should have something in a month or so.

Chris

dirksterG30
02-22-2006, 16:21
Roger, Chris. Thanks for the quick reply.

MiCPL
02-23-2006, 10:47
Well after long hard think'n and read'n I've deciided to order the G23 C-Tac. I have yet to read anything that says "do not buy a C-Tac because..." everything I have read has been positive. so I'm sure after many holsters and rigs I think I have found the best one now. Placed the order today. does anyone know how long for shipping?Thanks

Terminator
02-23-2006, 15:09
In reading this thread and all the positive responses it just further reinforces how much i love my Comp-Tac holsters. In fact i just ordered a new speed belt holster for my 34 :cool:

Chris you guys Rock!

Terminator
Team AmeriGlo

hk p2000sk
02-26-2006, 22:11
Chris,

I hope comp-tac is listening when it comes to making a c.t.a.c. for the HK p2000sk since I can't find a single company making a iwb that is tuckable and adjustable.

USPcompact45
02-26-2006, 22:20
Originally posted by hk p2000sk
Chris,

I hope comp-tac is listening when it comes to making a c.t.a.c. for the HK p2000sk since I can't find a single company making a iwb that is tuckable and adjustable.

+1

I have two ctac's for my glock 30 and xd-40 sub. I would love one for my p2000sk as well since there aren't any like the ctacs.

TexasGlock23
02-27-2006, 09:36
Anyone have problems with slide wear? I carry IWB and I like my shirts to be a tad bit tight. Not skin tight, I just do not like baggy clothing and the Don Hume I have is not ideal for me. It was suppose to fit my G23(and it does) but part of the trigger is exposed. I was told it was more than likely for a sub-compact. I may consider a ctac for my G23. I cant decide on the Don Hume leather IWB or your product. Some pics might help if anyone has some of a G23 in action.

Giezr
02-27-2006, 19:27
I bought a C-T.A.C. for my G19 right before I got my CCW. I've used it for just over a year now and I love it. It seems to be the perfect holster.

I recently let a friend borrow it and try it out and he lost one of the screws and a washer that holds one of the clips on. I e-mailed customer service and they responded same day (Presidents Day at that) and they immediately sent me out some replacement screws free of charge. I couldn't be happier with the holster or the company.

Also +1 to the idea of making a C-T.A.C. that can hold my G19 with a light on it. I would buy whatever light that the holster was made for.

Thanks again for making a great product,
Giezr

XIII
03-01-2006, 15:28
Originally posted by solo17

we are working on it as we speak

Chris

Wow, thats great news. Please let us know as soon as they become available. I will order on the same day.

Fanner50
03-01-2006, 20:37
Giezr,
What did your friend do, try to take the holster apart? That would be the last time I lent him anything. BTW, I own a C-TAC, and an FBI paddle and a Gukra are on the way. I like my Comp-Tacs. :)

gsrimport
03-02-2006, 02:14
Originally posted by hk p2000sk
Chris,

A ctac for the sk would be awesome!

crewdog252
03-03-2006, 09:56
I just ordered 2 more speed belt holsters today. One in black for the glock 22 and one in woodland camo for the glock 35. The one i have for the TRP is top notch and i look forward to getting them next week. I can vouch for their great customer service and quality. I would recomend them to anyone.

melglock19
03-04-2006, 08:12
I have two holsters one c-tac and one modified belly pack.

Both Chris and Gregg are the best, and the company really does care.

I have had many holsters and this is the best so far.

solo17
03-04-2006, 11:18
thanks for all the kind words you guys say obout us and our products . we are trying to get tooled up for another holster design and design more mold for the new guns that are coming out.

HNS
03-04-2006, 18:46
New holster design?

Now you have my attention. Are you able to share any more?

PS: Any luck working on an update for The Answer retention issue?

ShootNMove
03-15-2006, 20:42
I'm ready to buy a C.T.A.C. for my G20 with a light...

frankt
03-16-2006, 20:54
I bought a Comp-tac paddle holster in May 2005 to use for a G34 I was shooting in IDPA.

I shoot at least four matches a month. I go to the training pit and practice drawing and shooting at least three times a month and I draw and dry fire two or three nights a week at least 25 draws...

The point is there is zero wear or marks on my Glock. I could put it in the box and sell it as new.

I wipe out my holster frequently with a damp cloth and at least once a month wipe it with an Armorall type product. I also wipe my slide down with Mobile 1 or CLP after cleaning. One or both of these things are working to keep my gun from getting wear marks.

NMGlocker
03-18-2006, 22:44
Next time you see Gregg tell him Jody from NM says hey.
I shot next to him during Paul Howes 2 day carbine course.
Gregg is a super nice guy, and a damn fine pistol/carbine shooter as well.

Kastivich01
03-18-2006, 23:02
Not that there needs to be another post complementing this company but customer service was great when I contacted them.

The screw that attached the belt clip to the holster came out and disappeared somewhere when I was wearing it. I called the next day and they sent out replacment parts for no charge. They actually sent out a bunch of screws, washers, and rubber spacers.

Thumbs up to great customer service. :)

TexasGlock23
03-19-2006, 00:14
disregard!

stangyg123
03-23-2006, 15:55
One more satisfied customer here. Just got my CTAC and I have to say it is the best IWB I have ever used and well worth every penny. Comfortable and uber concealable.

Thanks Comp Tac! :supergrin:

My Glock And I
03-24-2006, 11:42
here is 1 more happy customer,I received my ctac in less than a week and am very happy with the quality!

BBruce
04-11-2006, 08:16
I read much praise overall by end users, but not a word by the mfg. about correcting the often mentioned "broken clips" and "screws backing out"?

(Great design alone isn't enough...)

Thanks

P.S. I was going to buy one of their holsters until I read this thread.

horshack
04-11-2006, 14:27
Originally posted by BBruce
I read much praise overall by end users, but not a word by the mfg. about correcting the often mentioned "broken clips" and "screws backing out"?

(Great design alone isn't enough...)

Thanks

P.S. I was going to buy one of their holsters until I read this thread.

OK - first note that the screws already come with locktite on them, but changing postions to get the perfect fit for everyone would/should re-application of locktite once you have your favorite set.

About Kydex - its plastic, and through normal abuse it can and will break.

I think the point is - no questions asked CompTac sends out replacements!

Of the thousands of CompTac holsters out there - only a few have chimmed in - but all positive!

I have 3 CompTac holsters - my last was ordered just prior to Xmas, they threw some holiday candies in the package prior to shipping!

Great Company - Great Products - Great Service!

mmc45414
04-11-2006, 14:41
Originally posted by cjlandry
I'd love to see a Comp-tac pancake-style belt holster.

I also would be into this. I currently have about 7 various models but really like a Sparks Improved Baker I have for the G27. Something like that in Kydex would be very cool, IMO.

gary newport
04-11-2006, 16:45
Originally posted by cjlandry
I'd love to see a Comp-tac pancake-style belt holster. My OWB holster is a kydex FIST pancake holster, and I just don't believe it's gonna last as long as would something from Comp-Tac.

A properly-made pancake holster would be my choice! I too have FIST pancake holsters and though they are quite good, the fact that the belt loops are also Kydex is a bit of a disadvantage. I'd like to see a hybrid pancake with a Kydex body and leather (or some other flexible material) belt loops--the strength of Kydex (rigidity) combined with the strength of leather (flexibility). Think of the leather (flexible) attachments between a CTAC and the belt clips and do something similar for an OWB holster that is truly concealable.

Another thing I'd like to see: holsters, especially Kydex ones, that are gun-shaped on the gun side and people-shaped on the people side. That is, all molding to the gun should be on one side and a hip-shaped curve should be on the other.

While I'm on the soapbox, I'd like to see all Kydex holsters for Glocks made as open-ended and square-cut, rather than tapered. That way, a longer model would fit in a holster for a shorter model. Since most Kydex holsters grip the front of the Glock's trigger guard, I can't see what purpose tapering the end of the holster serves.

mmc45414
04-11-2006, 20:02
Originally posted by gary newport
A properly-made pancake holster would be my choice! ... Another thing I'd like to see: holsters, especially Kydex ones, that are gun-shaped on the gun side and people-shaped on the people side. That is, all molding to the gun should be on one side and a hip-shaped curve should be on the other.

That is the Sparks Improved Baker! Now we just need a Kydex version :)

ETA: Gee, if it could somehow snap on like the locking paddle... :hearts:

cnutinsky
04-16-2006, 10:04
Have you ever considered offering a snap strap on the CTAC rather than the various clips?

Rosco Benson
04-20-2006, 07:52
Comp-Tac turns out a fine product and they are quick to deliver and offer genuinely helpful customer service. I have had a couple minor issues with holsters ordered from them (business growing pains, perhaps) and they took care of them promptly.

Their Pro Undercover IWB is a great IWB. It is very basic and simple. Getting a simple design right is frequently harder than doing so with a more complex one.

Tastes, needs, preferences and physical builds vary, so the following constructive criticism should be viewed in that light. I find that Comp-Tac's paddle holster does not hold the pistol's butt in as tightly to one's side as I would prefer. Even when I've asked for the holster to be made to hold the butt in extremely tight, they are less than optimal in this regard. The angle of the paddle relative to MY hip tends to cant the pistol's butt outward and the gap between the holster's body and the paddle is too big. I think there are some durability issues with kydex that is bent too abruptly, so this may account for this design characteristic. Frankly, the only paddle holster I've encounted that holds the butt in as tightly as I prefer is Mike Benedict's (Talon Tactical) PDL holster. The bend between the paddle and the holster body is quite abrupt and narrow on Mike's rig.

If one looks on Comp-Tac's excellent website at the photo of the Glock in their paddle holster, viewed from the top of the slide, this aspect of the design can be easily seen. Since the paddle cants back in toward the holster, the holster pouch will tend to cant OUT away from one's side....unless one's build is such that one's hip flares out markedly below the belt-line.

Bear in mind that not all holsters will work well for all users. I like Comp-Tac's products and people very much.

Rosco

maxcarp709
04-26-2006, 01:25
I got a Ctac for my G 26 last yr and have nothing but praise for it.I work at a very physical job outside,dealing with customers and the Ctac works great.After the 1st month I decided that the holster was shifting too much when I got to sit down,so ordered c-clips and installed one on the back side and the shifting problem was cured.Later I ordered a Pro Undercover for my G 30,and wear this between the belt and pants.This works great,and slides on and off easily when I have to disarm in order to enter a NPE(non permissive enviroment)I did put some moleskin on the inside of the Ctac when I was wearing it right next to the body and it stopped any chafing.If Comptac could put any kind of padding on the inside of the kydex holster,I would gladly pay extra,since I live in the SW desert and have to strip down to the barest essentials during the summer months.If every company in the US gave this kind of service along with a top quality product,this country would rule the world. ;)

EddieM
04-27-2006, 15:36
I was using a Comp tac paddle with my g29 glock and the holster broke.

EddieM
04-27-2006, 15:51
http://www.eddie.mays.com/CompTac/index.htm

{TEX}Hawaii 5-0
04-27-2006, 18:36
Sound too good to pass up. I'm getting one for my G23. It took Galco 7 weeks to send me my last holster!!!

usaf207cwf
04-28-2006, 19:21
C-Tac is awesome!!!

Roro
05-07-2006, 17:55
how well do the leather straps for the cant settings hold up to sweat? i sweat like a pig over flame.

also. is the ctac tuckable and what size belts are the clips for?

Boats2006
05-12-2006, 20:57
I agree with Rosco. My Comp-Tac Pro Undercover for a G 38 arrived this Tuesday. It wears perfectly at the shop and works well for shorts. For a price vs performance evalutaion, the Pro Undercover is a super buy. Thanks Comp-Tac.

Roro
05-16-2006, 00:22
Ok, well Ive emailed comp-tac twice with my questions, if they dont want my business...fine.

Phil Locke
05-17-2006, 20:33
Chris

Just a note to let you know I ordered a CTAC for my G36 today as a RESULT of your support of Glock Talk; Phil

The Pontificator
05-24-2006, 06:06
When's Comp-Tac going to start selling POCKET HOLSTERS?

hint hint nudge nudge

Phil Locke
05-25-2006, 16:34
Used my new C-Tac today with G36, I wear @ 4 o'clock, hardly knew gun was there all day!
I also carry a G30 with a Clipdraw, it works fine but not nearly as comfy as the C-Tac, perhaps due somewhat to narrower profile of the 36. I am a very satisfied customer!

dizzydean
05-25-2006, 18:14
Just wanted to thank the folks at Comp-tac. I have three of their holsters and several mag carriers and love them all. But what I really want to thank the folks and Comp-tac for is supporting the shooting sports. I think every type of match I go to, Comp-tac has donated certificates for hosters. I know that I appreciate this very much. When it is time to get a holster I highly suggest Comp-tac. They offer a great product and a reasonable price, great customer service, and they support the shooting sports. What more could you ask for ?

ShootNMove
06-07-2006, 18:52
Still waiting on that holster that'll accept a streamlight m3 on my G20...

alphacat
06-07-2006, 19:38
I just placed my order for a C-Tac and I used PayPal to pay for it.

I hope it's as comfortable to wear as everyone says.

Boats2006
06-08-2006, 15:18
Topcat... Using an IWB for a month at work for 10 hours a day. Somedays, I dont even know it's there. However, GT threads are right about the belt, gotta have a good one. A good belt - a good ride.

Good Luck...

alphacat
06-08-2006, 16:04
I got a good Wilderness five stitch....

I'll give the C-Tac a test run.

A good belt is a must have.

DeepHeat
06-17-2006, 16:42
I have been looking for an IWP for some time and was wondering if the C-Tac is thinner than reg. IWP holsters? I have a Glock 26.:welcome:

melglock19
06-17-2006, 17:02
I am not formiliar with a iWP. I just know that over the years I have tried many holsters and the c-tac is most comfortable and easy to conceal my glock 19

TexasGlock23
06-17-2006, 17:05
IWP or In The Waist Band?

popnfresh
06-17-2006, 23:41
I have to add my $.02..... I love the CTAC here are some pics of my set-up.

And how about a little video showing that the CTAC with V-clips is simple and quick to put on and take off(well where I wear it anyway:) ).
MOVIE AT PHOTOBUCKET LINK (http://s3.photobucket.com/albums/y59/glock2027/?action=view&current=ctacmoviewmv.flv)

CTAC for the 27 with V-clips and 1.75" 5 stitch Wilderness.
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y59/glock2027/022.jpg
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y59/glock2027/iw99.jpghttp://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y59/glock2027/iw9.jpg
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y59/glock2027/iw98.jpghttp://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y59/glock2027/iw10.jpg

DeepHeat
06-18-2006, 11:55
POPNFRESH you talked about and show a video of the CTac you use...how long have you used the CTac and have you tried other Inside the Waist Pants holsters?
I also was looking at the Predator P-32 holster for my Glock 26, what does everyone think about the type of holster?

popnfresh
06-18-2006, 12:37
Originally posted by DeepHeat
POPNFRESH you talked about and show a video of the CTac you use...how long have you used the CTac and have you tried other Inside the Waist Pants holster.

I have been wearing the CTAC everyday for about a year and a half. I tried the Galco USA, Sidearmor IWB, and Threat Solutions UCR, which in my opinion, is the next best to the CTAC.

alank2
06-18-2006, 13:06
Hi,

I haven't tried any other IWB holsters, but then again, I've never felt the need to after getting a CTAC for my G26. It works great and the company was excellent to deal with as well!

Thanks,

Alan

jbirdsparky
06-20-2006, 16:52
Well, I signed up for the CTAC for my G26 and ordered it today. I am wondering which is better for CCW, the CTAC or Pro Undercover. It would be nice to be able to quickly remove the holster when going into businesses that ban guns. Am I seeing these pictures correctly? You can put the CTAC in the small of your back? Comfortably?

popnfresh
06-22-2006, 21:17
Originally posted by jbirdsparky
Am I seeing these pictures correctly? You can put the CTAC in the small of your back? Comfortably?

If you're refering to my pictures, then no, you are not seeing them correctly. That is the big of my front(12:00). I guess I shouldn't have cropped the pics so much, and I wear the belt buckle on my side(3:00), so it's hard to tell.

jbirdsparky
06-23-2006, 10:36
If you're refering to my pictures, then no, you are not seeing them correctly

Thanks Popnfresh, the video says it all. My CTAC should be here any day...can't wait!

jbirdsparky
06-26-2006, 08:39
Got my CTAC for the G26. Fantastic. I've owned the gun for a few weeks, but never carried it with my Blackhawk holster. Now I carry it all the time with the CTAC. Super comfortable, and you can hardly feel that the gun is there. Highly recommended. Thanks guys!

PSDman
07-09-2006, 22:53
Solo17;

I'm looking at comt-tac's holsters. I have a G36. I would like to carry it in the small of my back. Which do you recommend for this type of carry?

G Garrett
07-14-2006, 00:31
Hello PSDman,

Solo17 is no longer with Comp-tac.
I will try to hang with you guys as best as I can.
This is my first post on GT. (mark your calendars).
SOB carry is a subject that you might want to do a separate search for. It is generally not advised but most of our IWB holsters have been used for that application.
The C-T.A.C. is our most versatile product and allows the most adjustment. I wish I had come up with the idea of changing the leather tabs around for more adjustment but that credit goes to another GTer. If you are going to carry there, the more horizontal the easer presentation generally.
Personally, I carry in the 3:30 to 4:00 position because if I put the pistol in the small of my back it would cover that sexy scar of my $42,000.00 back surgery. That price includes all the years of physical therapy but not the acupuncture or the witch doctor in Jakarta. (Not kidding).
The good news is that the G36 is actually designed for concealment! It’s not a bad way to go for that position if you must.

I’ll let someone else chime in about lighting up your own toosh. Take it with a grain of salt. At that range there is enough fire to cauterize the wound and you will have a better story to go with your scar.

But seriously, the use of force instructor in me would suggest that you please practice with a placebo pistol drawing from as many compromised positions you could think of. Particularly on your back… it can be done. It sucks but it can be done.

Thanks for checking in,
Gregg

hk p2000sk
07-15-2006, 01:48
Garrett,

Is the c.t.a.c. available for the HK p2000sk (subcompact) model yet? Thanks!

G Garrett
07-15-2006, 07:21
Yes sir.
It is.
Nice machine…

I need to let my web nerd know too so he can add it to the web page. Sorry about that.

Best bet is to call the office if you would like one.

The number is 281.209.3040.
Thanks,
Gregg

sprink
07-21-2006, 18:37
Glad to see you here Gregg.

I never tire of telling new friends about your great products. I also like to tell them how the nice lady got you off the lawn mower to sell me a holster on a weekend a few years back.

Tammy also got me a holster in 2 days once to take a new pistol to a class. She didn't promise anything, just happened like I asked!

Thanks,
Greg

RussP
07-28-2006, 08:50
Originally posted by G Garrett
... I will try to hang with you guys as best as I can.
This is my first post on GT. (mark your calendars).
...Gregg Hi Gregg, Welcome to GT. Sorry it took me so long to get to your first post here.

We really appreciate sponsors and other vendors coming on and answering questions for customers and potential customers. No matter how many times users of a product try to explain the benfits of that product, it always sounds better coming from the maker!

Again, welcome!

RussP

tnoisaw
07-29-2006, 21:56
All right, All right! I’m convinced. Five pages of positive endorsement has me convinced that my concealed carry holster will be a Comp-tac. Do they come in pink for my wife?

Stupify
07-29-2006, 22:35
I ordered a ghurka this week, and I have to say that I'm very impressed by it. I really like this holster. It's better than any of the others that I've used. I'm going to have to get one for my USP 40c. Delivery was fast as well. Ordered it on a Tuesday and received it on a Friday. Outstanding.

Guarddogg24
07-30-2006, 13:46
is there a comp-tac holster that fits a S&W

nucleus
07-30-2006, 22:55
hi guys, could you please point me to the video that popnfresh posted? I searched for ctac video and got to no results.

I must be missing something on the search function as I rarely find what I am looking for.

Nucleus

popnfresh
08-01-2006, 21:38
Originally posted by nucleus
hi guys, could you please point me to the video that popnfresh posted? I searched for ctac video and got to no results.

I must be missing something on the search function as I rarely find what I am looking for.

Nucleus
Scroll up, it's in my post with the pictures, the link is just above the first picture.

Click on the words that say "movie at photobucket link".

10mm man
08-15-2006, 09:27
Welcome to GT Gregg. I'm very pleased with both my C-Tac's that I have. One for my P229 and one for my G29. Called to order a single mag carrier for my G29. Got it in 4 days w/candy. Christine was great help. I will be ordering the C-clip's for both of the holsters and double mag carriers for both guns. I look for a company that has excellent customer service along w/ a great product. With my experience with using Comp-Tac holsters, I can say without a doubt that the only holsters I will ever buy will be Comp-Tac holsters. Thanks for a GREAT product. BJ

A_Fletcher
08-16-2006, 15:50
Dear Sir,
I just ordered a holster from your company, and I've got a question. What is the approximate waiting time on a holster?

G Garrett
08-16-2006, 16:13
Hey 10mm Man,
Thanks for your kind remarks and your service. (I’m a brat born at Offut AFB/SAC Command).

To A-Fletcher,
We do our best to fill your orders the day they come in or the next business day. We ship Priority mail so you should receive your gear with in five business days.

I apologize for not being more active on this forum. I have been spending a lot of time tooling up for a new IWB holster option.

I have a few Betas’ out there and I’m waiting on some feedback. When I have more of the Glock molds ready we will launch it with a “Name the Holster contest” here on GT.

Thanks,
Gregg

A_Fletcher
08-16-2006, 16:17
Thank you sir, I greatly appreciate you answering my question so quickly.

mmc45414
08-16-2006, 16:33
Originally posted by A_Fletcher
Thank you sir, I greatly appreciate you answering my question so quickly. If you like the quick response you will LOVE the quick delivery of the holster! :)

ibedanny
08-16-2006, 17:25
Anyone have pictures of the pro undercover with the g27...
I'm a t-shirt and shorts kinda guy and I heard this is the one...

I would really appreciate it....

gary newport
08-16-2006, 17:38
Hey 10mm Man,
Thanks for your kind remarks and your service. (I’m a brat born at Offut AFB/SAC Command).

To A-Fletcher,
We do our best to fill your orders the day they come in or the next business day. We ship Priority mail so you should receive your gear with in five business days.

I apologize for not being more active on this forum. I have been spending a lot of time tooling up for a new IWB holster option.

I have a few Betas’ out there and I’m waiting on some feedback. When I have more of the Glock molds ready we will launch it with a “Name the Holster contest” here on GT.

Thanks,
Gregg

A new IWB holster option? Can you at least give us a clue as to what it might be and do (bring about world peace, etc.)? :cool:

mmc45414
08-17-2006, 04:13
Originally posted by ibedanny
Anyone have pictures of the pro undercover with the g27...
I'm a t-shirt and shorts kinda guy and I heard this is the one...

I would really appreciate it....
No pictures handy but I will tell you I routinely carry my G35 in mine so you should be able to get away with the G27. I bought the Gurka (basically the same as Pro Undercover) in the slide configuration so I can use it for the G27, G23 & G35. I never figured on carrying the G35 concealed until I bought this holster.

DiverDn
08-18-2006, 04:00
As if you need another reason to go with Comp-Tac, here's one for you.

They support the shooting sports.

I picked up a coupon for a free holster at the Texas State IDPA match, (there must have been at least a dozen on the table).

When I figured out what I wanted, I mailed it in and had my new C-Tac within 3 days.

Thanks

ibedanny
08-18-2006, 15:57
whats the proper placement on the pro-undercover holster? 3 4 5 oclock? i heard 4 or 5 any help

A_Fletcher
08-23-2006, 10:44
Every once in a while a company comes along. They provide good prices, and quick shipping on the absolutely top of the line items they provide. Today, I became a life long Comp-Tac customer. The holster arrived in the mail and is so much more than I expected. Thank you guys for providing such a top of the line holster!:beer:

Boats2006
08-23-2006, 12:00
Originally posted by ibedanny
whats the proper placement on the pro-undercover holster? 3 4 5 oclock? i heard 4 or 5 any help

I'm wear mine at 3 to 3:15 depending on the slacks and of course that's coupled with a bull hide (gun) belt. That rig is on 10 hours a day at work with a polo. Thank you Comp Tac....

DewMan
08-23-2006, 12:01
I'm this close to ordering a C-T.A.C. but I have couple of questions.

First Question: How difficult, or not, is it to put on the C-T.A.C. at the 3-4:00 position while seated?

I'm not always allowed to carry and would like to be able to put it on without having to partially disrobe like I have to do with my current IWB holster with Kydex outriggers. I'm hoping it's something I can while sitting in the car without major gymanstics? :freak:

Second Question: What thickness of belt is supported by the Standard clips?

My Aker B21 belt is rather thick due to the stiffener in between the leather layers. I don't expect any issues using it with my Wilderness 5 stitch.

Thanks for any assistance in advance.:)

mmc45414
08-23-2006, 16:33
Originally posted by DewMan
I'm this close to ordering a C-T.A.C. but I have couple of questions.

First Question: How difficult, or not, is it to put on the C-T.A.C. at the 3-4:00 position while seated?

I'm not always allowed to carry and would like to be able to put it on without having to partially disrobe like I have to do with my current IWB holster with Kydex outriggers. I'm hoping it's something I can while sitting in the car without major gymanstics? :freak:
Depending on what you are going to carry, you might consider the Pro undercover for this reason. It only has one clip and might be easier to put on and off.

If you are worried about stability, you could get the Gurka and decide if you really need the extra clip.

I just took delivery of my 7th or 8th Comp-Tac and am very happy with them all.

jbirdsparky
08-24-2006, 07:33
I put my CTAC on while seated almost everyday. I don't carry into and out of my work, and I usually put it on at the corner stoplight. I can have it on before the light turns green, probably 4 - 8 seconds and I am not a small guy. I wear mine at 3.

ibedanny
08-24-2006, 16:22
I just picked up my pro-undercover... and im im love!
:supergrin: its never been this easy to carry my G27.. ever!

mike23
08-31-2006, 11:09
Second Question: What thickness of belt is supported by the Standard clips?

I wear my C-TAC with a Milt Sparks belt which is very thick, a Justin Boots belt which is a normal width and with a Wilderness belt which is very thin. The clips work great on each different belt. :thumbsup:

IDtheTarget
09-05-2006, 08:12
Well, between your support of Glock Talk and the glowing praise I've seen here, I'm inclined to purchase a C-TAC. However I've already paid lots of money for holsters that just didn't work for me.

That being said, I like to try a holster before I buy it, if at all possible. So, are you guys going to be at the Tulsa Arms Show (http://www.tulsaarmsshow.com/) in October?

If so, I'll show up and probably buy a holster or three. I'm interested in holsters for my G19 and G26, and my wife has a Kimber Pro Carry 9mm that she'd like a better holster for.

I'm also interested in belt clips for my mini-14 mags.

Thanks!

G Garrett
09-05-2006, 14:05
Hello IdtheTarget,
I don’t know if we are going to have any dealers at that show.
I fully understand the concern over buying holsters that ultimately don’t meet your needs. That’s why we currently have a 30-day return policy. You will only be out shipping and handling.
Thanks,
Gregg

ibedanny
09-05-2006, 17:04
Originally posted by IDtheTarget
I'm interested in holsters for my G19 and G26, and my wife has a Kimber Pro Carry 9mm that she'd like a better holster for.

You'll enjoy the G26 in a pro undercover... for sure...
If you want pics of how it looks on me Id be more than happy...
I bought mt comp-tac without tring it on and yes I too have bought tons-o-holsters never being truly confident or comftorable with what I purchased... I'm pleased.. Thanks Comp-Tac thanks for my smarties too

I have a question.... Does Comp-tac make another holster that pushes in the side like the pro undercover?

:banana:

faceman
09-10-2006, 15:48
I odered my c-tec holster and in 3 days recieved the holster at my door. That is the fastest service that I have ever recieved form anywhere. I actually got some smarties with the holster. Comp-tec is a very good holster.Its for my G23 by the way.

G Garrett
09-12-2006, 09:22
Hello Ibedanny,

I'm not sure I understand your question about holding the side in. Could you help me a bit by describing the problem?

Thanks,
Gregg

ibedanny
09-12-2006, 18:16
Hello Ibedanny,

I'm not sure I understand your question about holding the side in. Could you help me a bit by describing the problem?

Thanks,
Gregg

the butt of the gun...by the way ... anyway i can look into becoming a distributor for comp-tac?

jbr3006
09-13-2006, 10:48
PM sent.

Adam5
09-14-2006, 12:38
Wold you recommend the Shirt Tucker for a newbie? I'm just starting to carry and was looking for a comfortable, easy to conceal holster.

Adam

nucleus
09-14-2006, 23:42
I love my CTAC holster. It is highly concealing, comfortable, secure, adjustable, very very good all the way around. I recommend that everyone buy one with V clips. I just bought a second one so I don't have to change the clips when going between dress pants and jeans.

Thanks guys for making something excellent.

Nucleus
:hugs:

jbr3006
09-15-2006, 08:09
Originally posted by Adam5
Wold you recommend the Shirt Tucker for a newbie? I'm just starting to carry and was looking for a comfortable, easy to conceal holster.

Adam Most folks prefer the C-TAC. If you call me at the shop we can discuss your needs and help you choose the best gear for your situation. 281-209-3040

choochboost
09-15-2006, 12:56
J.B. is the best. :thumbsup:

Adam5
09-19-2006, 19:52
Ordered the Shirt Tucker over the weekend. I almost bought the c-tac, but after buying my wife a G19 the budget was getting slim....

jbr3006
09-21-2006, 08:22
Ordered the Shirt Tucker over the weekend. I almost bought the c-tac, but after buying my wife a G19 the budget was getting slim....

If at some point you decide you would prefer a C-TAC we can convert your Shirt Tucker for $35.00

Adam5
09-21-2006, 17:30
Got my shirt tucker yesterday... Used it today ... Excellent holster !!!:banana: :banana: :banana: :thumbsup:

Blitzo
09-21-2006, 19:53
I am going to order a CTAC for my G19 tomorrow. :banana:

Dr9mm
09-27-2006, 08:20
I'm looking for IDPA-legal holster for Glock 34, preferably OWB type (I find Glock 34 is a little too big for IWB).
I heard nothing but excellent opinions on Com-Tac holsters, so I'm looking for one. Any opinions, personal experience?
Thanks!:upeyes:

Glockphobia
09-28-2006, 04:05
i am the proud owner of two CTAC's, one for a taurus pt11 and one is a CTAC slide for my g19 and g22. comptac is awesome.:hearts: :thumbsup:

glock x
10-06-2006, 05:07
I'd also like to add my comments...I have been using a comp-tac C.T.A.C. holster for about 2 years now. Love the holster and especially LOVE the service! They are also law enforcement friendly which is very much appreciated! :yourock:

I will be purchasing my wife a Glock in 9mm soon (unsure of what model just yet) and will most definitly look to comp-tac for my wife's new pistol.:rock:

spoonhatchcrap
10-13-2006, 22:16
shirt tucker should be arriving soon. for g38. apparently had a problem with usps. i blame usps. but tammy rocks. thanks tammy.

mectec
11-02-2006, 19:51
this is my first post here hope i get it right but do you make a left handed holster for a g-23?

G Garrett
11-02-2006, 20:11
We don’t discriminate.

dboggny
11-20-2006, 10:33
I picked up one of these for a Glock 26 with both the belt and paddle appliance. i was very dissapointed. the quality is fine. i know i am not the sharpest tool in the shed, but after looking at the web page over and over i still could not set it up in all the ways the web page says it could be set up.

Many years ago, a veteran detective said to me, "kid, never buy a holster that does more then one thing becuase it probably won't do either of them very well." he was right. fine quality, just can't get it to work the way it says it should. probably would reccomend either a belt holster or paddle but not this one
db

jbr3006
11-20-2006, 11:41
Originally posted by dboggny
I picked up one of these for a Glock 26 with both the belt and paddle appliance. i was very dissapointed. the quality is fine. i know i am not the sharpest tool in the shed, but after looking at the web page over and over i still could not set it up in all the ways the web page says it could be set up.

Many years ago, a veteran detective said to me, "kid, never buy a holster that does more then one thing becuase it probably won't do either of them very well." he was right. fine quality, just can't get it to work the way it says it should. probably would reccomend either a belt holster or paddle but not this one
db

J.B. with Comp-tac here. Please call me at the shop and lets see what we can do to get you gear that will work for your needs. We do have a 30 day return policy NQA.

GlocksterPaulie
11-20-2006, 12:23
I tried out a friends Infidel holster this past weekend. I will stick with the Pro Undercover holster.

Paulie

Bullitt
11-20-2006, 13:06
I just received my Shirt Tucker for G19 Saturday and other than it slides around a little while seated, this is the best IWB I've owned. The only holster even close is the VM-II by Milt Sparks, but it's leather and slow. :supergrin: Thanks!!!

mmc45414
11-20-2006, 16:39
Originally posted by GlocksterPaulie
I tried out a friends Infidel holster this past weekend. I will stick with the Pro Undercover holster.

Paulie GP,
Please elaborate. I have three Pro Undercovers and a Gurka and like what the Infidel seems to offer.
MMc

drbill
11-22-2006, 14:07
I have one of the new infidel's for my G23. Absolutely fantastic. I bought it with the two black straps ... great product, Greg.

dboggny
11-23-2006, 06:10
Originally posted by jbr3006
J.B. with Comp-tac here. Please call me at the shop and lets see what we can do to get you gear that will work for your needs. We do have a 30 day return policy NQA.

thanks, i will call, but i am well over the 30 day limit.

CyberGlock
11-23-2006, 06:53
I got the paddle holsters a few years ago for my p229 and p239. They fit nice and tight and very stable. Great quality and excellent service.
http://bellsouthpwp.net/j/w/jwmclendon/pictures/Sig%20Holsters%201.jpg

HornsKeith
01-07-2007, 18:23
My Glock 34 should be here in a few days, and I'm in the market for a good belt holster for IDPA / USPSA. Based on the feedback here and some additional web reading, I've ordered a Speed Belt holster from Comp-Tac this evening for the G34 along with a double magazine pouch. I look forward to trying it out after everything arrives.

Plus, I'm originally from Texas, so it's always good to buy from the Lone Star State. :)

SaaM
01-08-2007, 14:33
Just ordered a C-T.A.C. today. They were extra friendly, helped me make an informed decision, and I should have it in a few days.

I'll let everyone know how it works out for me.

mmc45414
01-14-2007, 06:30
Just received two Infidels Friday, one for the G27 and one for my XD-40 and I am very happy so far. I have several Pro Undercovers and consider this to be a significant improvement. I have only worn the XD holster but it is a big gun with a lot of weight in the magazine and it is stable with only the clip. I bought it with the Gurka attachment but took it off. With my Wilderness belt, the new clip and nice big ledge where it attaches seems to be enough to keep the thing in there nicely.

Plus these guys continue to go above and beyond when it comes to service

YMMV, but I am a happy camper.:thumbsup:

PistolWhip
01-14-2007, 22:53
Being that I have been carrying Glocks on and off duty for the last 8 years, I have tried hundreds if not thousands of $'s worth of holsters for them. Well my search is over. The C-T.A.C. is the best ISWB holster I have ever used. It's comfortable, it's secure, it's safe and it's easily hidden. This thing is so comfortable and concealable, I can even carry my G35 wearing nothing but genes and a T-shirt with minimal to no printing. I have pretty much retired my G27 for the use of my G23 in the C-T.A.C.
I recommend it 100%:thumbsup:

SaaM
01-15-2007, 20:17
Got my CTAC last Friday.

So far, I love it! Most of my clothing is too tight right now to carry, so I can't wear it with everything, but that's changing soon enough.

Here's a pic I took tonight. Enjoy

http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f73/SharpAsAMarble/Things%20that%20go%20boom/ctac.jpg

MrMurphy
01-21-2007, 12:15
I agree. I carried my 30 with the Gurkha, then later the C-TAC for five years comfortably, in several situations, continously for over 24 hours concealed, comfortably.

I'd like to try an Infidel, but honestly it'll be 2 more years before I can even get to my G30 again (overseas) and the only holster I'll be wearing here is a Safariland 6005 for my M9. :)

Although when I get back I plan on getting a very, very nice 1911 (Wilson CQB level or better) so... hmm...

Beeman
01-25-2007, 18:15
I've ordered a C-TAC for my Glock 35, and I can't wait for it to get here. I am hoping the holster is as good as I hear.

TexasGlock23
01-25-2007, 19:24
Originally posted by dboggny

db That's great news! I love a company that stands behind thier word...

mrwiggins
01-25-2007, 19:31
i'll need one soon.

Cobra64
01-28-2007, 00:15
Originally posted by solo17
Hi guys,

Just want to let everyone know that we are participating in the
GlockTalk forum and if you have in questions or concerns feel free to post here , email or im me and I'll be happy to help to answer all I can .

Just to let you know what we do here...

We are a Kydex holster manufacturer in Houston,Texas . There is a total of 8 people working here and everyone here is a chl holder and involved in numerous shooting sports as well as various law enforcement and military veterans. We all have our own ideas on how holster should work and try to get our customers the best holster for their purpose. I believe we now offer 10 different holster styles for over 100 different gun models and are adding more and more every month. Every holster is handmade for the model gun you specify at the time of your order and usually only take about 2 days to be shipped out .

Chris What do you recommend for a Sig P226 IPDA shooting?

Terminator
01-28-2007, 10:40
I just ordered my fourth Holster from Comp-Tac,
Im getting one for my M&P 9mm. I cant say enough great stuff about their products.

mrwiggins
01-28-2007, 18:36
do yall make a kydex holster for a ruger mark III with a 5.5 inch bull barrel?

jbr3006
01-29-2007, 09:31
Originally posted by mrwiggins
do yall make a kydex holster for a ruger mark III with a 5.5 inch bull barrel?

No sir.

SaaM
01-29-2007, 09:38
Got the C-TAC and have had it for a while. Fairly comfortable when worn at the 4:00 / kidney position, although a Glock 29 is a little thick anyway so I get poked a little.

I was having a hard time with drawing when I first got it. The holster had a tendency to pop out half the time. Then I adjusted the tension, and everything worked great from then on out!

The adjustability of the C-TAC makes it a great first holster.

Beeman
01-29-2007, 12:46
My C-TAC came on Saturday. I am very pleased with the holster, and will now be wearing my G-35 in it. No problems getting it set up, and it feels comfortable to wear.

Thanks Guys and Gals at Comp-Tac

Zach

jbr3006
01-29-2007, 12:47
Originally posted by Beeman
My C-TAC came on Saturday. I am very pleased with the holster, and will now be wearing my G-35 in it. No problems getting it set up, and it feels comfortable to wear.

Thanks Guys and Gals at Comp-Tac

Zach

Thank you for the kind words. J.B.

Terminator
01-29-2007, 22:30
I recieved my Speed belt holster for my M&P today and as always i couldnt be happier. I cant wait to use it for IDPA. Thanks again for a Top notch product. I own 4 now and love them all! :thumbsup:

TexasGlock23
02-01-2007, 14:19
I called and placed an order last friday afternoon. I am in Dallas and I still have not received the holster. Do you keep the indidels in stock or are they made on purchase? I was under the impression they were in stock at hand.

Jared

jbr3006
02-01-2007, 15:10
Originally posted by TexasGlock23
I called and placed an order last friday afternoon. I am in Dallas and I still have not received the holster. Do you keep the indidels in stock or are they made on purchase? I was under the impression they were in stock at hand.

Jared
Hello Jared,
We do not keep much inventory but our lead time is only about three day.Most of the time our customers have there gear in hand in 5 to 7 days. If you PM me with your last name I will track down your order. Thank you, J.B.

Buffering
02-01-2007, 15:36
Jared,

I see you have a holster for my N frame 5" Smith 625.

Is it a high or low ride? I have a Bianchi holster that I'm currently using but the contortions required to clear the 5" barrel make my shoulder hurt and it makes noises I'm not sure God intended. If it helps, for comparison purposes, I have your straight drop belt holster for my G19.

Thanks.

jbr3006
02-01-2007, 16:14
Originally posted by Buffering
Jared,

I see you have a holster for my N frame 5" Smith 625.

Is it a high or low ride? I have a Bianchi holster that I'm currently using but the contortions required to clear the 5" barrel make my shoulder hurt and it makes noises I'm not sure God intended. If it helps, for comparison purposes, I have your straight drop belt holster for my G19.

Thanks.

The trigger will ride between the top and bottom edge of your belt. Please feel free to call me at the shop. J.B.

TexasGlock23
02-01-2007, 18:08
Hello Jared,
We do not keep much inventory but our lead time is only about three day.Most of the time our customers have there gear in hand in 5 to 7 days. If you PM me with your last name I will track down your order. Thank you, J.B.

Thanks for the response, pm sent.

choochboost
02-01-2007, 18:10
A buddy of mine ordered last friday like you and got it in the mail today.

mmc45414
02-01-2007, 18:34
How about a J-Frame and/or Kel-Tec pocket holster?

MMc
& Comp-Tacs and counting... :thumbsup:

jbr3006
02-02-2007, 07:31
Originally posted by mmc45414
How about a J-Frame and/or Kel-Tec pocket holster?

MMc
& Comp-Tacs and counting... :thumbsup:

Unfortunately we do not have a pocket holster at this time. We may design one in the future but that is a project we have not started.

TexasGlock23
02-02-2007, 08:22
Originally posted by TexasGlock23
Thanks for the response, pm sent.

He's quite the lucky fella ain't he?

I'll post pics when I get the holster in.

Sknydpr
02-04-2007, 16:02
Well, I'm having an issue. I bought the Pro Undercover for my G30 yesterday at Top Gun Range, and the darn thing is just too tight.

I've adjusted the screws to where they're barely threaded, completely removed the screws and spread the holster apart a bit before reinserting the screws, and even bought a wider belt thinking maybe that would help. Even with the screws just barely threaded, the entire holster comes out when I try to draw the gun. They only way I've been able to draw the gun without the holster was to completely remove the screws, and then it's too loose.

Obviously, I need longer screws. Any other suggestions, or should I take it back?

Thanks.

Cobra64
02-04-2007, 17:50
Originally posted by G21forME
I have a question. I had the slide on my 21 refinished in nickel because I bought a pos fobus that damaged the finish. How do refinished slides IE nickel/chrome/ss etc.. hold up in the long term using a c-tac? What is a "pos fobus?"

TexasGlock23
02-04-2007, 20:43
piece of *****!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

G Garrett
02-04-2007, 22:34
Hello Sknydpr,
I am guessing that you have the newer G30 that has a light rail. I would return it to the dealer and give us a call at the shop. We will fix you up.

Scratch that...
Just call us. Make sure that who ever you talk to (Miss Tammy/Miss Penny or heaven forbid J.B) talks to me about it.
We'll fix you up.

Thanks,
Gregg

Sknydpr
02-05-2007, 16:23
Talked to J.B. this morning. You actually had me a little worried about him! :D

Will be dropping it off at Top Gun tonight for you to pick up next time you're there.

Thanks for the help.

G Garrett
02-05-2007, 16:27
Kewl!

We do our "Comp-tac Tactical Tuesday" work outs there so I will pick it up then.

http://www.tcht.net/phpBB2/viewforum.php?f=5&sid=21b32192b48d31b12b5ec2f387a92857

Adam5
02-07-2007, 12:08
I bought a Shirt Tucker from you last fall for my Glock 17 that I love. I'm picking up a new Walther PPK tonight and will need a holster for it. While I love my Shirt Tucker, I was thinking about something a little more compact. Would you reccomend the Infidel with a belt clip or the Pro Undercover? I normally carry strong side at around 3:30 or 4:00.

Thanks,

Adam

jbr3006
02-07-2007, 14:46
I bought a Shirt Tucker from you last fall for my Glock 17 that I love. I'm picking up a new Walther PPK tonight and will need a holster for it. While I love my Shirt Tucker, I was thinking about something a little more compact. Would you reccomend the Infidel with a belt clip or the Pro Undercover? I normally carry strong side at around 3:30 or 4:00.

Thanks,

Adam

Hello Adam,
The Pro Undercover would be the best option as i do not have a PPK Infidel mold yet. Please feel free to call me at the shop. I hope this helps, J.B.

LegalRaptor
02-09-2007, 19:45
Hey, Greg or JB,

I bought an Infidel (RH) for my G19 from my local Range Shop. The dealer suggested that I get the Infidel for the G17 because the longer length would help push the grip tighter into my side for better concealment. (They didn't have the G19 model, but he assured me that the advice would be the same regardless.) The Infidel is great, most of the time. Easy and quick presentation, easy on-off, and comfortable, EXCEPT when riding in my vehicle. There, the pistol grip is pushed into my side. Was the dealer wrong to recommend the the longer holster for my G19? Would the shorter holster solve this problem? Do you have enough info to address the issue? I love the Infidel in all other aspects, but this vehicle pain is a real problem. BTW, I drive a KIA Sorento SUV, with fairly tight, shaped seats. Thanks for great products!

G Garrett
02-10-2007, 07:23
Hello LegalRaptor,

You might consider experimenting with the exact location you put the pistol. I carry in the 4:00 position as a rule. I don’t notice any “excess” discomfort in my vehicle.

Ford 150 (biggest weapon I own).

I will tell you that if I have to drive my wife’s car for an extended time I carry at 3:00.

Sometimes it takes some tinkering to find out what works for you.

Please post your solution.

Thanks,
Gregg

Sknydpr
02-10-2007, 12:45
MUCH better! :)

Thanks Gregg and J. B.

BEER
02-24-2007, 02:46
first of all i love your holsters. i remember buying one at one of the houston gun shows a few years back, i think you guys had just started up because the only guns you were supporting at the time were glocks and 1911's. if i remember correctly i paid for the show special package which was a holster body and all the clips, screws, and various gizmos to convert to any of the then available styles which i think were 3. all 3 worked amazingly well, in one case a little TOO well.(the holster was so comfortable i completely forgot i had my gun on me and tried to kill a water moccasin with a boat oar instead of the .45) lol. i've been hooked ever since.

secondly, this has been driving me batty for awhile now. what started the whole smarties thing? lol

bigtinva
02-24-2007, 04:49
Gregg and J. B.,
Does Comp-Tac have any plans to make a Dropped & Offset holster for USPSA use? I would really like to have one that would accomodate a G17 and G34 with a nice wide belt attachment appliance to spread the load and keep anything from shifting around.

Thanks!

sifu128
02-26-2007, 05:52
I have a question about the Comp-tac holsters. Is it really that comfortable? I am looking for something small enough to hide my g19 and I was looking at the Comp-tac Infidel. Being that I can run with the belt clip it looks pretty stable but still small.

From the looks of the C-T.A.C pictures it looks more straight then curved and doesn't conform to the natural curvature of your body? Am I wrong?

TIA

jbr3006
02-26-2007, 07:34
Originally posted by BEER
first of all i love your holsters. i remember buying one at one of the houston gun shows a few years back, i think you guys had just started up because the only guns you were supporting at the time were glocks and 1911's. if i remember correctly i paid for the show special package which was a holster body and all the clips, screws, and various gizmos to convert to any of the then available styles which i think were 3. all 3 worked amazingly well, in one case a little TOO well.(the holster was so comfortable i completely forgot i had my gun on me and tried to kill a water moccasin with a boat oar instead of the .45) lol. i've been hooked ever since.

secondly, this has been driving me batty for awhile now. what started the whole smarties thing? lol

I think Tammy started sending out our candy to keep Gregg and I from going into diabetic shock.

jbr3006
02-26-2007, 07:39
Originally posted by sifu128
I have a question about the Comp-tac holsters. Is it really that comfortable? I am looking for something small enough to hide my g19 and I was looking at the Comp-tac Infidel. Being that I can run with the belt clip it looks pretty stable but still small.

From the looks of the C-T.A.C pictures it looks more straight then curved and doesn't conform to the natural curvature of your body? Am I wrong?

TIA

The C-TAC and Infidel holster bodies are about the same size. With the C-TAC the clips are attached with leather tabs that allow it to conform to your body. Please feel free to call me at the shop and we will find the gear that best fits your needs. Thank you, J.B.

ris10
02-26-2007, 20:47
I carry the XD-9 and would like to be able to holster it with the the xml xenon light, however I can't find a holster that will accomodate both. Do you have any such product?

poly glockahr
02-26-2007, 20:55
I'm in need of a Comp-Tac paddle holster for the 3" K Frames, in particular the M13/65 series. I see that this frame/bbl is currently not listed. What needs to happen in order get this holster made? I DO NOT wish to go the route of other makers, as I have several of your holsters already and I KNOW exactly what you offer...any suggestions?
Thank you!

ibedanny
02-27-2007, 16:17
I'm recieving am Infidel and I would like to convert mine to be able to be shirt tuckable. What set do I need?

LApm9
03-07-2007, 19:37
I purchased a CTAC holster for my streamlight scorpion tactical light and another to carry a 2 oz. OC/CS spray canister. They are absolutely great. I especially appreciate the ability to adjust the holding tension. BTW: Was it an accident that the screwdriver tip of my Victorinox pocket knife exactly fits the allen screws? Or was that a stroke of genius on your part? Either way, don't change it.

The belt clips are just right - tight enough to stay put, but not too much work to get off.

If I wasn't up to my ears in holsters already I'd get one of your products for my pistols too.

LegalRaptor
03-07-2007, 19:58

TIA

I carry my G19 in an Infidel with the belt clip. It is quite comfortable, once the right location is found for your bodytype. I had to move it around a bit to find the right position. I am very happy with the Infidel, although I also will also be using a leather rig.:thumbsup:

sifu128
03-08-2007, 05:58
Sweet, I think that was the way I am going. I havent been able to find any really high riding kydex holsters like a j.i.t slide so I can hide this glock with a small shirt. I am not a fan favorite of the leather, although really nice I hate the belt loops.

Do you have any pics LegalRaptor?

LegalRaptor
03-08-2007, 20:47
Sweet, I think that was the way I am going. I havent been able to find any really high riding kydex holsters like a j.i.t slide so I can hide this glock with a small shirt. I am not a fan favorite of the leather, although really nice I hate the belt loops.

Do you have any pics LegalRaptor?

Here are a few pics I took tonight. This is my first try at posting pics, so I hope this works out!
http://i152.photobucket.com/albums/s182/LegalRaptor/Glock-Infidelexposed.jpg http://i152.photobucket.com/albums/s182/LegalRaptor/Glock-Infidelsideview.jpg http://i152.photobucket.com/albums/s182/LegalRaptor/GlockoutofInfidel.jpg http://i152.photobucket.com/albums/s182/LegalRaptor/GlockinInfidel.jpg

sifu128
03-08-2007, 20:58
Very nice. How much bigger are you wearing your pants so you can fit the holster and firearm? Also how is it when you sit in the car with it (looks like you are wearing at 5 o'clock)? Typically 2 inches bigger on the waist? For most baggies it looks like this would be pretty comfortable.

Great pics and they help a ton!!

LegalRaptor
03-09-2007, 08:29
I wear a tight 38" waist normally, and a relaxed 40", and the 40" is fine for the holster. I had a lot of trouble at first in the car but I have found a good compromise position and it is no problem. The picture is a little misleading. I usually carry at about 4 or 4:30. I can only say that it CAN be worn comfortably in the car, but you will have to experiment (at least I did).

sifu128
03-09-2007, 08:36
Perfect!! Thanks again

LegalRaptor
03-10-2007, 22:16
I received an FBI Paddle from Comp-Tac today for my M&Pc 40. I like this OWB holster! It is secure without being difficult to remove. My Blackhawk CQC paddle has 3 spurs, and I have to undress to get the thing off! Great holster, but really hard to remove. BUT, how come everybody else gets smarties and I don't??:sad: Did I annoy someone? Great holster, good service, guys.

ibedanny
03-11-2007, 18:15
Originally posted by LegalRaptor
BUT, how come everybody else gets smarties and I don't??:sad:
Tammy :sad: :blondmoment:

choochboost
03-12-2007, 00:20
That's Miss Tammy. ;)

sifu128
03-12-2007, 21:51
I just ordered my Comp-Tac slide today for my g19. As soon as I get it I will take some pics. It looks to be everything I need and has the belt and paddle extension on it. I am sure that I will be ordering another holster and then I will get the C-T.A.C for more concealment :)

LegalRaptor
03-13-2007, 08:24
Good choice. I hope you get your Smarties!;)

sifu128
03-13-2007, 12:32
What are the smarties :)

LegalRaptor
03-13-2007, 13:34
How would I know? The never send ME any, only the folks they like.:)

sifu128
03-13-2007, 14:27
LOL, I feel bad now..

Ok protest Smarties Smarties :tongueout:

jbr3006
03-14-2007, 08:38
Hello everybody,
Tammy tells us that Kroger has replaced the smarties with Easter candy. I pulled Gregg out of the R&D department and sent him on a quest for more. That was like pulling teeth as we have a few new holsters he is working on. I hope to be posting details soon, as we have several prototypes that are working well.

sifu128
03-14-2007, 08:41
Cool. Any advanced pictures of the proto-types? :)

LegalRaptor
03-14-2007, 08:48
Hello everybody,
Tammy tells us that Kroger has replaced the smarties with Easter candy. I pulled Gregg out of the R&D department and sent him on a quest for more. That was like pulling teeth as we have a few new holsters he is working on. I hope to be posting details soon, as we have several prototypes that are working well.

J.B.,

New Holsters!!?? Hot D***! Love your products. I used my new FBI Paddle last night at my Street Combat class, and it was flawless (too bad I can't say the same for my performance!) Keep up the good work. :thumbsup: My girth doesn't need more candy, anyway. Concentrate on the R&D. And say Hi to Tammy. She has been taking a little good natured ribbing lately.

jbr3006
03-14-2007, 09:38
Cool. Any advanced pictures of the proto-types? :)
Not yet but we are close.

G Garrett
03-14-2007, 12:42
Flash back to the great primer famine of the early 90’s. All of us re-loaders limited to 200 primers per purchase at our local sporting good store if they had any.
Well mark this day on your calendars! I cleaned out two stores of their “Smarties”.

So…

“Quit yer b****’n” E. Cartman

There was a post that said something about Ms. Tammy being a blonde.

Please guys!

I have her convinced that it is a birth defect and not her fault. She mumbled something about the ACLU.
I then told her that Ruth Bader Ginsburg was former General Council for them and I think that smoked her off.

That was a close call gang!

I was hoping to have a new line of holsters ready for the premier of the new webpage but we are still testing, tweaking and tooling and doing the copyright/patent tap dance.

Not to mention my learning curve on some new equipment.

I will say that first up will be for Glocks…

With a thumb break option…

And a tuck-able mag pouch.

Speaking of mag pouches. I have been in contact with our colleagues at Blade-tech and we are now making a adjustable cant mag pouch utilizing Tim Wegner’s Tek-Lok tm.

I consider Mr. Wegner to be the founder and Godfather of our part of the holster industry and am very happy to be able to offer the Tek-Lok option.

Right now it is available for our size:
#1 (1911 single stack)
#2 Dual column 9/357sig/.40 (like Sig ,Hi-Power etc.)
#4 9/357sig/.40/45GAP Glock
#5 45acp/10mm (non m36) Glock
#36 G36
#12 S&W M&P
ZPGC Surefire
Single mags only. $27.99 each.

I would like to also mention that our shop manager Randy Hannemann is soon going to intentionally, knowingly and willingly commit the act of marriage to the lovely and gracious Kelly Holder.

What does that have to do with you?

Well his bachelor party is this weekend. I want to prep you for a potential fund raiser to post bond for my company out of the Nueces County jail. Any orders placed after Thursday are in jepordy.

Respectfully submitted,
Gregg

choochboost
03-14-2007, 13:10
Speaking of mag pouches. I have been in contact with our colleagues at Blade-tech and we are now making a adjustable cant mag pouch utilizing Tim Wegner’s Tek-Lok tm.
I'd love to see a pic of one!

LegalRaptor
03-14-2007, 13:24
I want to see pics of the bachelor party!:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

jbr3006
03-14-2007, 14:25
I want to see pics of the bachelor party!:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

Randy wants to get married, not murdered.

LegalRaptor
03-14-2007, 14:59
Randy wants to get married, not murdered.

Well, that's probably the better choice of the two.:laughabove:

sifu128
03-14-2007, 20:54
Cool I just got my slide in today which I never expected that fast. Its really cool and I will take some pictures of it tomorrow. It does sit up a bit higher than the usual holster and now the only thing I have to figure out is how to configure this bad boy to be somewhat comfortable. I think sitting in the car with it on is a no no or at least with the glock not holstered due to the damn wrap around seats in my benz :(

ibedanny
03-15-2007, 05:45

There was a post that said something about Ms. Tammy being a blonde.
Please guys!
Gregg
Holy moly. Is she a blonde for real? If so I'm sorry for the smarties joke :supergrin:
Besides, Tammy has my Credit Card number!:faint:

jbr3006
03-15-2007, 16:19
Well, that's probably the better choice of the two.:laughabove:

As many years as I've been married I'm not so sure. ;)

ibedanny
03-15-2007, 16:23
That was almost worth my 7.50
Like I said, Tammy has my CC number. :bowdown: :brickwall:

EDIT Thanks guys.
Excellent CS!

Flash-g32
03-15-2007, 19:56
Blonde? BLONDE???? Are you kidding? Tammy is a red head. She actually pays good money to be blonde.:rofl:

LegalRaptor
03-15-2007, 20:02
Originally posted by Flash-g32
Blonde? BLONDE???? Are you kidding? Tammy is a red head. She actually pays good money to be blonde.:rofl:

:laughabove: :rofl:

ibedanny
03-16-2007, 05:38
It seems like it will take some getting used to going from a pro undercover to the infidel. I'd hate to say it but maybe I was just used to my older holster. Only time will tell. One thing I noticed right away was the infidel was more comfortable and easier to clip on. I'll post a week review. I did not get any smarties this time. Spare me the Easter candy, those creme eggs make me gag at the thought.

Perry F.
03-26-2007, 20:29
I just ordered a Infidel. Please send Easter candy. Oh, and the holster. :supergrin:

Perry

jbr3006
03-27-2007, 14:00
Originally posted by Perry F.
I just ordered a Infidel. Please send Easter candy. Oh, and the holster. :supergrin:

Perry
Gregg ate all of the chocolate so it will be smarties.

LegalRaptor
03-27-2007, 17:00
[i]

What does that have to do with you?

Well his bachelor party is this weekend. I want to prep you for a potential fund raiser to post bond for my company out of the Nueces County jail. Any orders placed after Thursday are in jepordy.

Respectfully submitted,
Gregg [/B]

Well, how was the bachelor party? Anybody get arrested? Is the wedding still on? Ain't love grand?? :hearts:

:tongueout:

Still need blackmail photos, tho.

MDogg
03-29-2007, 20:19
Just got my C-T.A.C. here today. What a great day and with 2 rolls of smarties. TWO! Nice rig, my 21 had found a good home. Never owned one of these holsters before - kydex. I really like how the gun snaps in and offers positive adjustment so you can tinker with it until you drive yourself nuts! Very nice indeed.

Matt

Quarters
04-06-2007, 11:05
Hi,

Just wanted to say that I love my infidel for my GLOCK 17 (no candy, but who needs it with a great product) I just have 2 probably bone head questions.

I ordered mine with the belt loops but now I also want the clip, can I order just a clip to add some variety?

Also what is the difference between a holster and a slider?

G Garrett
04-06-2007, 11:22
Hello Quarters,
The body of a slide is only as long as the barrel length of the shortest version of a given pistol like a G26. Any longer version of the same frame (as far as what is in contact with the holster portion) is going to stick out the end. A G19/23/25/32 for instance sticks out about ½ inch.
As to a clip, if you call in an order you can request 1st class mail and not have to pay the full $7.50 shipping and handling on something that Ms. Penny can put in a small envelope.
Thanks,
G.

Quarters
04-06-2007, 11:41
Hey,

Thanks for the info.

walt cowan
04-06-2007, 15:21
just got mine and one roll of smartys. my deluxe cant has so many different adjustments, it's driving me nutz!:supergrin: after playing with it for a hour i gave up and put it on. great holster for the money. it keeps my glock 20 hidden better than my sw mod.15-3 in a pancke holster.:thumbsup: now if i can only stop playing with the adjustments.:rofl: thanks to everyone at com-tact:thumbsup:

MedicGlock
04-13-2007, 21:25
Hey Comp-Tac Guys and Gals!

I recently purchased one of the Infidel holsters with a belt clip as a second option to the CTAC I already have. I used the Infidel in a tactical shooting class I recently took. During the class, the instructor asked us several times to eject the mag without removing the weapon from the holster. I found out that my Glock 23 will not eject the mag due to the holster design.

Is this a flaw or intentional?

I have the left handed holster, and on the front, the rear screw sits directly in front of the magazine ejection button while on the back, part of the handle that extends into the sweat guard blocks the opposing magazine ejection button.

Otherwise, the holster worked well in the class. Even had some referral for you.

Thanks for the help and a great product :thumbsup: ......Thomas

mmc45414
04-14-2007, 08:07
Originally posted by MedicGlock
I found out that my Glock 23 will not eject the mag due to the holster design.

Is this a flaw or intentional? I would consider this a feature, IMO.