Motor cops in training....... [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Motor cops in training.......

Cryptoboy
02-03-2006, 21:51
I don't care what you ride, the moves these guys are doing are pretty sweet to see! I doubt I could come anywhere close to that, especially with my Electra Glide! ;P

http://www.ccso.charlestoncounty.org...0Broadcast.wmv

Three-Five-Seven
02-04-2006, 19:30
Every year, there is a National competition for Motor Officers called the Rodeo. There are regional events that qualify officers for the national finals. There is one in Arizona every year, usually in Tucson but sometimes in Phoenix.

YOU GOTTA GO !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

fnfalman
02-06-2006, 09:13
I'm impressed with the way they perform some of those slow speed maneuvers.

freakshow10mm
02-07-2006, 12:30
Link isn't working.

freakshow10mm
02-07-2006, 12:35
http://www.ccso.charlestoncounty.org/index2.asp?p=/traffic.html

Scroll down to the wheel with wings graphic to download to .wmv.

Cryptoboy
02-07-2006, 13:31
Thanks freakshow!

ateamer
02-07-2006, 14:37
There is a police motorcycle competition in Pacific Grove, CA every April. This year, it will be on Saturday, April 8th. It is on Forest Avenue, right in front of an elementary school; competition begins at noon. Before the competition, officers and their bikes are inspected by Marines. The compeition consists of cone patterns including full stops without putting a foot down, slaloms, U-turns and figure-eights. The two-man teams ride side-by-side. They are scored on time, synchronization with each other and precision (don't hit the cones!). The overall score includes those categories plus inspection. There are usually between 10 and 14 teams.

Until last year, there were also motorcycle drill teams. LAPD, Oakland and San Jose all used to send their teams. I haven't heard if any of them will be there this year. Supposedly, San Jose and possibly Oakland don't currently have drill teams due to budget and staffing. I tell you, when the Oakland drillmaster (team leader) does the Flying Cross (standing on the seat) and salutes the flag as he rides the opposite direction between two columns of Road Kings, it is one of the best commercials ever for Harley! (BTW, Oakland's drill team is called "Rolling Thunder". San Jose introduced their team - on Kawasakis - as "Whining Aluminum".) Each team has their own unique touch. LAPD makes their Kawasakis backfire a lot and does rear-wheel lockups as the motors in the rear rapidly approach the stopped bikes in the front of a formation. San Jose PD does half of their routine sidesaddle off the left (no foot brake).