'The King of Rock and Rumble' Elvis Sinosic v. Alessio Sakara - Sakara UD

Undercard bouts:

Joe 'Diesel' Riggs v. Nick Diaz - Riggs UD
Renato 'Babalu' Sobral v. Mike Van Arsdale - Babalu Sub. R1
Marcio 'Pe de Pano' Cruz v. Frank Mir - Cruz Ref Stoppage R1
Brandon Vera v. Justin Eilers - Vera KO R1

Main Event - Light-Heavyweight Championship

Chuck 'The Iceman' Liddell v. Randy 'The Natural' Couture - Liddell KO R2

All the guys I was rooting for except Babalu, Buentello, and Vera LOST!!! Also, the sport suffered a great loss as Randy Couture announced his retirement at the age of 43.

Victory
02-07-2006, 23:40
Randy couldn't fight forever. Was probably the most appropriate time for him to retire. He definately did a lot to increase the popularity of the sport. He'll probably have a nice long coaching career like Miletich.

IMO, Babalu needs to fight the winner of Griffen-Ortiz for a shot at the title. He's been very impressive as of late and has won against some big names.

There has to be a Pride-UFC crossover fight sometime in the future. Lots of guys there that would make a good match for lidell. Fillipovic only needs to shave 8 lbs to be LHW division. That or chuck could bump to HW. Consider that.

Dogbite
02-10-2006, 17:56
Hey guys, I cant wait to see the Griffen-Ortiz fight. I hope Griffen puts a hurt lock on Ortiz...I don't like Ortiz much--way too much mouth. Randy was a total class act, was he not? That guy is great, the UFC needs all the fighters like him it can get.

gr81disp
02-10-2006, 19:32
I sooooo want Griffin to win, but to be realistic Ortiz will probably come away with the win. It is like Griffin's response when someone asked him what he had over Tito.

"Well, he is better standing up than I am. He's better on the ground too. I suppose I'm funnier than he is."

Victory
02-10-2006, 22:49
Originally posted by gr81disp
I sooooo want Griffin to win, but to be realistic Ortiz will probably come away with the win. It is like Griffin's response when someone asked him what he had over Tito.

"Well, he is better standing up than I am. He's better on the ground too. I suppose I'm funnier than he is."

You heared what he said before his last fight? He apologised to his mother for the severe disfiguring trauma he assumed he would suffer.

Was not the case. Forrest Griffen is a smartass...that's why we like him....that and he can fight.

walangkatapat
02-12-2006, 11:52

;z

cz75bdaddy0506
02-13-2006, 11:09
UFC 57 was held Satuday February 4th, here are the results:

Main Event - Light-Heavyweight Championship

Chuck 'The Iceman' Liddell v. Randy 'The Natural' Couture - Liddell KO R2

Also, the sport suffered a great loss as Randy Couture announced his retirement at the age of 43.

Woooooo!! Hoooooo!!!!!!! DO it CHUCK!!!!!! Put him into retire to boot!!!!;D

Skpotamus
02-14-2006, 22:16
Chuck did a good job, I just wish he could KO someone without some controversy of some kind. He got Randy in the eye again with a gouge during their fight, right before the KO punch came over the top. Sherdog posted a good pic of it on their site.

It sucks that Randy retired, but he needed to, he'd definitely lost a step. When he fought Chuck the first time, he made Liddell look like he didn't even belong in the same ring as him, the last three fights Randy has had have made him look old and worn out.