SAS [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : SAS

Mrs. VR
02-07-2006, 21:17
I am a member of Second Ammendment Sisters, and I get the newsletter, but I've never been able to get any reply from our local "co-ordinator" ;Q As far as I know, NOTHING ever goes on in Maryland. I'm curious, how many of you are members, and have ACTIVE chapters? What kind of activites do you do?

Wulfenite
02-07-2006, 21:23
Oh.....

Nevermind, I thought this was a thread for British commandos.

Mrs. VR
02-07-2006, 21:36
Originally posted by Wulfenite
Oh.....

Nevermind, I thought this was a thread for British commandos. darn it, I just had to moderate MYSELF! ;n

April
02-08-2006, 04:29
Originally posted by Mrs. VR
darn it, I just had to moderate MYSELF! ;n

And we love you for it! ;f

Seriously.. I've not seen anything going on in MI. Seems like it would be a cool group if anybody would do anything with it.

Mrs. VR
02-08-2006, 05:49
yup, that's my feeling too. At some point, when the kids are a little older, Im probably gonna just volunteer to take over here, and try to get things going ;f In the meantime, Im always interested in hearing what others are doing!

Hauptmann6
02-08-2006, 07:47
Originally posted by FF Wife
And we love you for it! ;f

Seriously.. I've not seen anything going on in MI. Seems like it would be a cool group if anybody would do anything with it.

Hook up with Neva Li (spelling?) she shows up on the Michigan forum here.

April
02-08-2006, 08:10
Originally posted by Hauptmann6
Hook up with Neva Li (spelling?) she shows up on the Michigan forum here.

I've seen what's going on with Neva, MCRGO, MGO, SAFR, etc... They may not want it to seem this way, but it all looks like one big mud-slingin' contest from the outside. Shouldn't have to take sides to get involved.

Sorry for the slight rant.

Jaegergirl
02-08-2006, 13:51
I joined SAS a couple years ago...even seriously considered become Ohio's state coordinator. But I just didn't have the time to make it happen. Plus, most of the members were, at that time at least, scattered throughtout the state. I don't even think there were members here in N.E. Ohio where I live. Maybe when my kids are older and I don't have so much going on I'd reconsider it.

It's a shame that the group is not active here. I'd love to get together with other ladies that love guns. Other than the ladies on this forum, I'm the only gun-lovin' female that I know of.
~sd

Mrs. VR
02-08-2006, 14:44
Jaegergirl, that's EXACTLY how I feel. MOST Of my friends around here (with the exception of HippieChick) not only don't like guns...they HATE them ;g

Jaegergirl
02-08-2006, 15:04
Jaegergirl, that's EXACTLY how I feel. MOST Of my friends around here (with the exception of HippieChick) not only don't like guns...they HATE them ;g

Yup, sounds like we're in the same boat...

Luckily my husband likes guns (he's the one that got me addicted) so at least I'm not TOTALLY alone in my hobby but it sure would be nice to have some girlfriends to go shooting with. :)

April
02-08-2006, 16:09
Originally posted by Jaegergirl
Yup, sounds like we're in the same boat...

Luckily my husband likes guns (he's the one that got me addicted) so at least I'm not TOTALLY alone in my hobby but it sure would be nice to have some girlfriends to go shooting with. :)

I agree w/ you there. Except I got my husband hooked. Would be nice to go shooting with someone other than a buncha guys... even if it is fun to show 'em up now and then. ;f

Mrs. VR
02-08-2006, 17:55
sadly, I live in the unfree "free state" ;Q so, I think I'm LESS likely to find like minded women here, but I try to stay optimistic about it;f Maybe I should start trolling the gun shows? "hey, lady, wanna see my Glock?" ;g ;f

April
02-08-2006, 18:04
sadly, I live in the unfree "free state" ;Q so, I think I'm LESS likely to find like minded women here, but I try to stay optimistic about it;f Maybe I should start trolling the gun shows? "hey, lady, wanna see my Glock?" ;g ;f

While that may work for some... I think your pick up lines need a little polishing. ;f

Mrs. VR
02-08-2006, 18:40
While that may work for some... I think your pick up lines need a little polishing. ;f you don't think it'd work too well? ;f

HippieChick
02-08-2006, 19:20

#wav

(what is a gun? ;n )

HippieChick
02-08-2006, 19:22
While that may work for some... I think your pick up lines need a little polishing. ;f

well, she picked ME up by talking about Rush Limbaugh (or was it Dr Laura? ^8 ) ;f

Mrs. VR
02-08-2006, 19:36
Originally posted by HippieChick
well, she picked ME up by talking about Rush Limbaugh (or was it Dr Laura? ^8 ) ;f yes! ;e ~rf

DepChief
02-08-2006, 20:14
I cant find my car keys.

RussP
02-08-2006, 20:28
Originally posted by DepChief
I cant find my car keys. See, you're being ignored...;Q

Mrs. VR
02-08-2006, 20:41
I cant find my car keys. oops, sorry, you didn't tell me I needed to turn on my Uterus ;n

April
02-08-2006, 20:54
Originally posted by HippieChick
well, she picked ME up by talking about Rush Limbaugh (or was it Dr Laura? ^8 ) ;f

I'm not totally sure what that says... and I don't really suppose I should be making comments about her pick up line, huh? Worked on somebody which is more than I can say. ;f

Mrs. VR
02-08-2006, 21:06
actually, H and I bonded cause everyone else in our HSing group really WERE hippies ;f

DepChief
02-08-2006, 21:13
oops, sorry, you didn't tell me I needed to turn on my Uterus ;n

LALALALALALA I'm not listening to you LALALALALALALALA

Mrs. VR
02-08-2006, 21:28
LALALALALALA I'm not listening to you LALALALALALALALA oh, that must be why you DONT ANSWER YOUR PHONE!!!!!!!!!

reinbeau
02-12-2006, 18:46
To pull this a bit back on topic ;g the SAS chapter here in eastern Mass is gaining some momentum, hopefully it'll continue to grow. They just had a Valentine's Day dinner and shoot (that I couldn't go to because I was on vacation) hopefully it went well, I haven't heard yet. We've got two gun club affiliations, one in Boston and one down here on the south shore in Braintree, I mainly stick to Braintree; the meetings are well attended (third Saturday of the month) and we're fortunate to have a teacher coming in to give us self defense and shooting lessons.

Mrs. VR
02-12-2006, 19:01
Thanks, Ann..Im glad to hear there are active chapters out there! ;a

MrsKitty
02-13-2006, 14:13
I spoke with one of the SAS folk's way back when I first posted my carjacking story about publishing it.....they were game then the organization fell apart. If any of you get active in a branch (I am not aware of one here and I don't have time to look into organizing one right now or I would......) and they want to publish it, let me know and I will edit it. I WANT THAT STORY OUT! I hope that each person who reads it passes it on and maybe, just maybe at least one person can be made aware so that they can come out of a similiar situation as well as I did!

OK, I hope that was coherent...I have been up about 34 hours now....bear with me ;g

pete1953
02-19-2006, 22:51
I've been an Associate Member since close to their inception. They lost my renewal for a year, sent letters about a hostile takeover and I don't get newsletters. The Yahoo SAS sites are pretty dormant, I occasionally send something in of interest, but I hear nothing from the NJ and PA/Phila chapters. My wife and 2 daughters shoot, and Lynn and I are licensed to carry in most states with our FL and UT CCW. Carry almost daily in PA and on my property all the time. I've taken them to the Refuse to be a Victim where I assisted in the open house, I "manned" the table at gunshows, but when the coordinator had to bow out, things just fell apart. I so much believe in the right to self defense especially with Sam Colt's device being the great equalizer, especially for women. It is just frustrating living in the PRNJ!

Mrs. VR
02-20-2006, 06:44
Pete, I feel your pain...we live in the PR of Montgomery County, MD. ;g It's frustrating, but we keep plugging away at our Representatives, and writing letters to our newspapers. I doubt we'll retire here. ~sd