Which OWB do you like? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Which OWB do you like?

Vic303
02-08-2006, 21:52
HIya ladies, question for you: What is your favorite OWB holster, and why?

Reason: Hubby has decided he wants to add an OWB to the collection and has decided to get a Sidearmor. Our IWB's are either a pair of UCRs or a pair of VM-IIs.

I just want to know what your favorites are--leather or kydex are fine.

--Vic

Patricia
02-08-2006, 22:52
Sidearmor, cause well, just cause. ;f ;f Hiya Vic.

Seriously, I am the official test subject for our OWBs. If I can't wear it hiking and be comfortable doing it, then it might not be something we decide to keep on making. I carry a Glock 21 btw, usually with a Surefire X200.

Mrs. VR
02-09-2006, 06:51
I really envy you ladies who live in Right to Carry states. ~sd

As soon as I find a class to take, I can apply for my Florida out of state CCW which will give me ALL the states around us...just not our own. ;Q

Vic303
02-09-2006, 07:27
Hey MVR--which are you? NE, KS, WI or IL? Y'all need to come down to Texas permanentlike! Ya know? ;f

Mrs. VR
02-09-2006, 07:47
we're in MARYLAND! ;1;1;1;1;1

Vic303
02-09-2006, 08:56
Is that a May-Issue state?

Mrs. VR
02-09-2006, 09:12
Originally posted by Vic303
Is that a May-Issue state? yeah, it's MAY issue if you know someone who knows someone ;g

it's darn near impossible to get a CCW here, unless you're a business person who carries money, someone who's had a death threat, or a politician. ~eb

c-mama
02-09-2006, 09:30
Originally posted by Mrs. VR
yeah, it's MAY issue if you know someone who knows someone ;g

it's darn near impossible to get a CCW here, unless you're a business person who carries money, someone who's had a death threat, or a politician. ~eb A politician has probably had a death threat and more than likely carries money. ;f

Sharon, go into politics so you can carry.

Mrs. VR
02-09-2006, 09:35
Originally posted by crochetmama
A politician has probably had a death threat and more than likely carries money. ;f

Sharon, go into politics so you can carry. ;P ~rf~rf~rf

MrsKitty
02-09-2006, 11:23
Originally posted by Vic303
Hey MVR--which are you? NE, KS, WI or IL? Y'all need to come down to Texas permanentlike! Ya know? ;f

That'll never happen. Sharon wants snow ;f

Strange Destiny
02-09-2006, 11:33
Originally posted by misskitty5077
That'll never happen. Sharon wants snow ;f

Snow???

Mrs. VR
02-09-2006, 12:17
might be getting some this weekend too ;f

Glockgirl26
02-09-2006, 13:46
Originally posted by crochetmama
A politician has probably had a death threat and more than likely carries money. ;f

Sharon, go into politics so you can carry.

She is in politics, she's a moderator!

Oh yeah on the subject at hand, I like kydex OWB's and have a couple made by FIN Designs that are very fine.

Vic303
02-09-2006, 14:30
It snows up in the Panhandle I hear. Or there's Missouri--they're a polite state now. It snows there lots and is a heck of a lot closer to Rocky mountain skiing than MD!

Mrs. VR
02-09-2006, 14:42
sadly, all our family is here, as is VR"s job, so I doubt we'll be moving anytime before retirement...so in the meantime, we'll just keep annoying our representatives ;f

Cat91
02-09-2006, 18:27
Vickie-

You've got a 1911 of some flavour, right? I use a Fobus kydex paddle holster for my Colt Government Model. It works great, and I can even wear concealed with a long button-down shirt open over a tank top and jeans.

BTW-took your advice after a fash and did get an alloy-framed automatic for carry that doesn't give me shoulder pains. Almost bought that Defender but instead found a NIB Smith & Wesson Model 469, new old stock 9mm compact from 1986! It's like a tiny P-35 Hi-Power. I really like it, it's supplanted the GM for purse-carry purposes.

The busted Det. Spl. is at Colt. Can't wait to see if they can fix it.

Miao, Cat

Vic303
02-09-2006, 19:59
Originally posted by Mrs. VR
sadly, all our family is here, as is VR"s job, so I doubt we'll be moving anytime before retirement...so in the meantime, we'll just keep annoying our representatives ;f
Been there done that...
All our joint family was in KS/MO as was Dave's job...until 'Uncle Ed' decided business could be done better in Texas. It was a case of move it or lose it. We moved--took all of 10 min to decide.;P

Cat, good on you for getting something lighter. Sounds like a nice pistol. You should post a pic!

--Vic

Cat91
02-11-2006, 15:45
Yes, it's an old one but a good one.

I'll see about the pics. Someone wanted me to post one of the G.M. too, it's one of the Series 70 reissues.

Miao, Cat