Lake Havasu Glockers? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Lake Havasu Glockers?

urbanjunglist
02-09-2006, 13:40
Just curious, I am wondering if there any Havasu glockers out there that go shooting that would like to get together for a little friendly competition. We got a few avid gun fanatics who go out to Bison on the weekends and are looking for more. Email me if anyone is interested in doing this, thanks again.

JJGittes
02-12-2006, 13:01
Don't know if we could coordinate in the future, but I come out to Havasu 2-3 times a year for general recreation. Next time I'd like to do a little plinking in the desert. Do you know of any good open shooting areas not too far from town?

urbanjunglist
02-13-2006, 07:16
You can go out to Bison, Standard Wash, Desert Hills, Cherry Tree and the list goes on from there. The great thing about the desert is all the space and opportunities. Hell, Im stationed in San Diego, where are some good BLM's to go to down there?

JJGittes
02-13-2006, 10:32
That's the problem with San Diego, there is virtually nowhere to go. There is a Yahoo group called SDShooting (I think) where people coordinate. Some good info on there. Also, although I have not been there in years, I hear there is an open area out in Ramona, past the Ramona dump. I think you need an "Adventure pass" for your vehicle, and to call a ranger station to get the combo for the lock on the gate. A gun shop like Turners in Escondido may be able to give info. Also, for outdoor range shooting, there is the Pala Indian reservation, east of Fallbrook. Other than that, I think most go out to "the desert", although I don't know where. (maybe all the way to AZ?)

Of the Havasu places you have mentioned, what would be the closest to the north end of town, and can I find it on a map? Thanks

urbanjunglist
02-13-2006, 11:08
Standard wash is the open area right before you come into Havasu on the 95 North bound from Parker. Bison and Cherry Tree can be accessed by simply just going up on McCullouch Blvd or by just going up N Palo Verde Blvd. Desert Hills is out there on London Bridge Rd and is just a little ways away from town. All "we" ask is if you all pack it in, you pack it out. There are some really inconsiderate people out there who dump there trash and destroy it for us who actually pick up ater ourselves.

JJGittes
02-13-2006, 11:33
Thanks for the info. Is shooting clays OK at these location? I have a thrower thats been sitting in my garage for 10 years. Other than that, I generally just shoot at spinning targets and paper.

urbanjunglist
02-13-2006, 11:38
Clays are cool to shoot, you may want to watch your back drop due to people riding ATV's in all the above mentioned areas.

paper warrior
09-13-2007, 22:02
Hey, I see I'm not the only LHC Glocker here. :) Worried for A second there.