what are the chances [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : what are the chances

hi speed
02-11-2006, 20:06
Do any of you guys have an opinion on where this thing with iran, syria, and the like are going? I'm getting out within the next 6 months, but I worry about my fellow gi's. 1-66 ar bn, 1st brgd, 4id 63AK4. Med board in the works for injuries sustained during training mission. Feel like I let my buddies down but it wasn't my decision.

MarkP
02-11-2006, 22:15
There's talk of iran future - but just talk for now...

Hal9mm
02-15-2006, 19:23
Personally i think we are streched way too thin to take on syria any time soon.

Black Tiger
02-18-2006, 08:02
My opinion on the Syria/Iran deal is that we will try to drain every diplomatic option we have with Iran before we even set foot on Iranial dirt. Syria is a totally different deal and is something I don't see the US getting into.

We are stretched too thin right now to mount an effective campaign in Iran if it comes to military action; with commitments already in Iraq and Afghanistan, the US military is seriously drained in terms of manpower and resources.

MarkP
02-18-2006, 09:02
you can think clinton & congress for that , they started the downsizing in the early ninety's and the trend continues...

rangerruck
02-18-2006, 23:52
personally i think iran will be much diff. ther is wya to much internal resistance, for the new hitler to keep up his stuff. 70 % of the pop is under 30. and their so called rallies are bought and paid for. As for Syria, they might be getting the Ezekiel option. if you believe the Bible, things dont go to well for Syria in thefuture. Revelations even says that Damascus is turned into a smoking hole and a burning pot.
sounds like arial bombardment, with a touch off of all Sadams crap that got moved over there.

16vmkII
03-07-2006, 06:55
I sure as **** hope not. I've got only got to survive 6 more months here and then it's 7 months back in garrison. I really don't feel like another rotation.:cool: ;c

{TEX}Hawaii 5-0
03-15-2006, 18:49
I'm hoping that Israel will step in, but maybe we'll be over there sooner than we think

Cav
03-20-2006, 21:27
I do not see much happening in Iran. If anything it will be an internal war with us helping one side with supply's.

Iran and Syria might have some Spec Ops doing a recon but thats the most I see. The borders will be tighter than ours in the US.

I FLEX
03-31-2006, 01:26
Luckily with Iran we can flex our Polictical muscle before using brute force.

I just hope our Gov. knows this...... :freak:

CHCB
04-04-2006, 05:51
If it looks like the Iranis are about to get a nuke weapon for real, the Chinese and the Russians will come off the fence faster than hell. I don't think we'll have ground troops there, at all.

USDefender
04-21-2006, 15:34
One of the reasons that, I feel, we're in Iraq is to give us a good strategic 'spring board' for any future military 'actions' me may need to take. It's the perfect place to be -strategically speaking- if you need to make war in the Middle-East.

I predict that we will, in the near future, see some things happen in Iraq 'invasion-wise'. Perhaps we'll see some things mysteriously "explode" in Iran, pretty soon...who knows? "Accidental Nuclear Melt-down", anyone? :supergrin:

The Iranians have already shot down one of our UAVs...and where there's one that you see, there's dozens more that you don't...which means we're taking "look sees" to gain the strategic advantage.

Bet we've even got Delta or CIA in Iran, too...possibly both. I know, were I in "Dubya's" seat, I would...

Just my .02cents. ;)