Anyone out there run E85 [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Anyone out there run E85

Old School
02-11-2006, 21:58
I see where GM is touting E85 flex fuel vehicles over hybrids. Seems reasonable to me since I'm not sold on hybrid battery life. Anyone out there run on E85? It's supposed to be cheaper & higher octane, but you get worse MPG.

E85 is the backbone of Brazil being oil self sufficient. With our heartland able to produce a lot of corn and sugar beets, why shouldn't we give it a run?

Victory
02-13-2006, 02:19
Bio diesel and ethanol are ideas who's time has come. Oil companies and the government are standing in the way.

Geeorge
02-19-2006, 00:59
My 2001 s10 is rated for the E85 and I would try it but the only station that sells it is across town.;Q

Black Tiger
02-20-2006, 04:19
I'd be more than happy to buy a car that runs on E85; my concern is that there are not that many stations whare you can fuel up with Ethanol or Bio-Diesel.

I know that there are hundreds of Ethanol powered buses and trucks on the roads today, but they are a small percentage of the total number of vehicles on our roads and unless we make the vehicles and the technology more readily available to consumers; E85 powered vehicles will be fad, much like Hybrid vehicles are today.