Washington State [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Washington State

don51181
02-12-2006, 18:38
Any live in or been to Bremerton WA? I am getting tranfered there soon. Just wanted to find out some info.

KIDCOP
02-12-2006, 18:45
Rode the Nimitz out of there a time or two. Thats about all I can tell you about it. Welcome to Washington, hope you like rain.

dsjr
02-13-2006, 16:20
Bremerton is a crap hole.

No better way to say it than that.

Silverdale's ok. You'll be on that ferry to Seattle alot, though.

I was stationed out there for about a year and some change.

And the rain sucks. It doesn't get that cold, though.

RaiderCop
02-13-2006, 21:21
"Sucks" a little strong, sips maybe, but sucks, that's kinda harsh.

I've always thought it funny how people rag on Bremerton and call it a dump or ghetto. They really need to hang in da' hood, like Oakland, Richmond or Vallejo,

I'm a civilian employee of the Navy who was transferred up here in 95 from Mare Island NSY in Vallejo, California. Paradise it isnít, but the NW has a lot going for it as well. A lot more rural then what I was accustom to growing up in. Coming from California I had to adjust to the weather a bit, but coming from VA you shouldn't have any problem.

I live just outside Bremerton City limits in a great neighborhood. I would rather raise my kid here then the city I grew up in.

I will tell you one thing about this area, many of the sailors I work with eventually buy a home here and stay local after they separate.

What command are you going to? I deal with all of them at one time or another. If you want specifics, PM me and Iíll give you my NMCI address.

J.Kill
02-13-2006, 21:52
I was there in 98 for 3 mos while my ship was in dry-dock. Not too bad. about an hour on the ferry to seattle from what I can remember. But one thing is for sure you'll get to know what a "Bremmalo" is some people sometimes called them "Bremaho's", but once you're there for about a week and get off base you'll understand. But, good luck brother.Just remember it's all what you make of it.

SIGSAREBETTER
02-13-2006, 22:30
Bremerton is a crap hole.

Quoted for truth. Bremerton is just not a pleasant place....it's purely functional for it's Navy presence.

The GOOD news though is that Western WA and the surrounding areas are excellent places to live and be, and WA gun laws are among the most liberal in the country. The rain sucks and is every bit as bad as the legend has it, but the summers are very pleasant if you're an outdoors person, you don't have to travel far for excellent remote access.

Crazy Ed
02-17-2006, 03:11
Originally posted by RaiderCop
"Sucks" a little strong, sips maybe, but sucks, that's kinda harsh.

I've always thought it funny how people rag on Bremerton and call it a dump or ghetto. They really need to hang in da' hood, like Oakland, Richmond or Vallejo,

I'm a civilian employee of the Navy who was transferred up here in 95 from Mare Island NSY in Vallejo, California. Paradise it isnít, but the NW has a lot going for it as well. A lot more rural then what I was accustom to growing up in. Coming from California I had to adjust to the weather a bit, but coming from VA you shouldn't have any problem.

I live just outside Bremerton City limits in a great neighborhood. I would rather raise my kid here then the city I grew up in.

I will tell you one thing about this area, many of the sailors I work with eventually buy a home here and stay local after they separate.

What command are you going to? I deal with all of them at one time or another. If you want specifics, PM me and Iíll give you my NMCI address.

Hi there! I worked on Mare Island NSY as a juvenile delinquent back in 71 making nuts and bolts for subs. Lived in Fairfield from 67 up until I joined the Navy in 73.

Ed

RaiderCop
02-17-2006, 22:33
Ed:

Born and raised in V-Town. I worked for DoD and Vallejo PD for 7 years before BRACC closed what was the absolute BEST shipyard on the west coast!

Crazy Ed
02-18-2006, 00:16
Good to meet you RaiderCop. My brother still lives in Fairfield. He says the neighborhood has gone to hell. Glad I'm not there.

Ed

glockoroni
02-18-2006, 12:01
Originally posted by RaiderCop
Ed:

Born and raised in V-Town. I worked for DoD and Vallejo PD for 7 years before BRACC closed what was the absolute BEST shipyard on the west coast! I think "BEST" is very subjective and a matter of opinion. When was the last time they overhauled an Aircraft Carrier?

RaiderCop
02-18-2006, 19:38
Subjective yes, opinion yes, last time a flat top was overhauled probably WWII ;)